Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2023-civil-svc-statboard-typical-timeline-making-hiring-decision.html)

Unregistered 26-04-2022 03:48 AM

Will you be rejected if medical checkup shows you are pregnant?

Unregistered 26-04-2022 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 215629)

aiyo want to piakpiak still scared this and that. dare to piak then don't worry

Unregistered 26-04-2022 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 215755)
aiyo want to piakpiak still scared this and that. dare to piak then don't worry

Unhelpful comment. Obviously you have never been faced with job discrimination

Unregistered 27-04-2022 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 215629)

let us know then

Unregistered 27-04-2022 08:24 AM

Anyone applied to URA and what was the timeline like?

Unregistered 27-04-2022 04:22 PM

In SG govt sector likely won't have much discrimination against getting pregnant and having a kid. Had a new colleague come in 3 months then go on her ML, then all those other child care leave also whack. Even bosses asking her when her next kid is coming up.

Unregistered 27-04-2022 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 215895)
In SG govt sector likely won't have much discrimination against getting pregnant and having a kid. Had a new colleague come in 3 months then go on her ML, then all those other child care leave also whack. Even bosses asking her when her next kid is coming up.

Thank you for the sharing!! That's really nice to hear

Unregistered 27-04-2022 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 215607)
Upcoming fresh grad here. Last week I got a verbal offer from a ministry thru phone (Mentioned salary, benefits etc) and I sent an email to the HR to accept it. I was then asked to fill in some referee documents, and they mentioned they would take note of my start date and get back to me. It's been a week but there has not been any formal documents/ official appointment letter sent to me. A week after, I received a call from another ministry saying I was accepted and needed a referee check before offering. Should I proceed with the latter despite verbal acceptance of the former? Will there be any repercussions to rejecting a verbal offer acceptance?

You should really be more bothered about which job are you more interested in. If it's the 2nd offer then just go ahead, and politely inform the first HR. They will usually understand.

Unregistered 28-04-2022 05:40 PM

Hi. I was called up by the HR of a stat board, saying they are interested in further processing my application after two interviews. They said they need to do a reference check (I am working in another stat board). Yesterday my D dragged me to one side and told me that the stat board had done a reference check with them. I was shocked as I didn't know they would conduct a reference check with my current directors. Is it normal? now the management knows I'm looking for a job :(

Unregistered 28-04-2022 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 215895)

pour soul have to cover in absence and not conpensated