Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2023-civil-svc-statboard-typical-timeline-making-hiring-decision.html)

Unregistered 08-07-2021 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 177351)
Hi, I got an offer from stat board but believe was Low balled. Made a counter offer to nego, how long should I wait before asking for a status update?

Same situation for me. No response since and has been a week. I am continuing to apply for other jobs
Got ghosted by govt hr many years back in the same situation.
I would say if you really want the job, then need to take their initial offer.

Unregistered 08-07-2021 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 177367)
But experienced candidate with relevant working exp getting offered fresh grad pay?

Not sure how it works but they somehow see of ur past exp is relavant to ur current role.. if not relavant then think not counted as exp.. but im not surprised, cos i have seen people take 400-500 paycut to join CS and clim their way up

Unregistered 09-07-2021 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 177378)
Same situation for me. No response since and has been a week. I am continuing to apply for other jobs

Hi, you mean few years ago after you counter offer then Govt ghost you? Did the status change or never? And did you ask for a follow up? May I also know how much % lesser did they lowball you? Seems like it is a trend now for them to lowball and have the take it or leave it attitude?

Unregistered 09-07-2021 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 177419)
Hi, you mean few years ago after you counter offer then Govt ghost you? Did the status change or never? And did you ask for a follow up? May I also know how much % lesser did they lowball you? Seems like it is a trend now for them to lowball and have the take it or leave it attitude?

Yes, a few years ago i got ghosted and it was a bad impression as the hr refused to answer my calls or reply to my follow up email.

This time i got about 20% lower. My view is they are lowballing due to the job market now. Its like the best time to pick up "value for money" people since private sector is also shedding jobs.
This time round I did not follow up, though i wonder if i should.

Unregistered 09-07-2021 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 177378)

Yes, i'm in the similar situation. After my second interview, HR call and ask (in a nice way) whether i keen if offer not within my expected salary range. I believe nego is possible but you risk lossing the job to the second or third in line who doesn't nego. So if you really want the job, just select it

Unregistered 09-07-2021 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 177431)
Yes, i'm in the similar situation. After my second interview, HR call and ask (in a nice way) whether i keen if offer not within my expected salary range. I believe nego is possible but you risk lossing the job to the second or third in line who doesn't nego. So if you really want the job, just select it

Wa it's possible for them to rescind the offer and ask the 2nd or 3rd in line? It's been a few days, I'm not sure what to do now. Do you think I should message HR again?

Unregistered 09-07-2021 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 177425)
Yes, a few years ago i got ghosted and it was a bad impression as the hr refused to answer my calls or reply to my follow up email.

This time i got about 20% lower. My view is they are lowballing due to the job market now. Its like the best time to pick up "value for money" people since private sector is also shedding jobs.
This time round I did not follow up, though i wonder if i should.

20% lower monthly or annually? How many days has it been?

Unregistered 09-07-2021 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 177434)
Wa it's possible for them to rescind the offer and ask the 2nd or 3rd in line? It's been a few days, I'm not sure what to do now. Do you think I should message HR again?

Yes i think they are not so sticky to try their best to get the best candidate like in the private sector. Probably also because most people just accept than nego.
If you really like the job, can contact hr to ask but be prepared that they may have already moved on or will not reply.
Whatever the outcome, I like to believe that a company who values their people should have the courtesy to close the loop and give a reasonable offer.

Good luck!

Unregistered 09-07-2021 03:52 PM

Hi, anyone attended interview with CAAS recently? Got offer?

Unregistered 09-07-2021 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 177436)
Yes i think they are not so sticky to try their best to get the best candidate like in the private sector. Probably also because most people just accept than nego.
If you really like the job, can contact hr to ask but be prepared that they may have already moved on or will not reply.
Whatever the outcome, I like to believe that a company who values their people should have the courtesy to close the loop and give a reasonable offer.

Good luck!

Not true, you haven't even accept, so how can they rescind.
As what post #3768 mention, public sector may not insist on picking the best candidate.

The best your can do is to call HR for update.
If you really like the job, consider accepting the current offer.
If notnin a hurry, you can stand firm and wait for outcome