Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2023-civil-svc-statboard-typical-timeline-making-hiring-decision.html)

Unregistered 30-12-2021 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 195784)
Few hundred dollars.

Does my posting to air checkpoint result in me having shift allowance?

Unregistered 30-12-2021 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 195788)
Does my posting to air checkpoint result in me having shift allowance?

Yes. Since air checkpoints does shift work.

Unregistered 30-12-2021 11:23 AM

anyone trying out for ESG MAP?

Unregistered 30-12-2021 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 195794)
anyone trying out for ESG MAP?

Looking to apply for esg, edb and mti…which of the three offers the best package and prospects in terms of future career development and movement? Thx in advance

Unregistered 03-01-2022 01:13 PM

Anyone here who still have not received contract from vital but already know your postings? For singapore customs

Unregistered 06-01-2022 09:34 AM

Hi all, I completed my Singapore customs interview and was scheduled for pre-employment medical check up on 28 Dec. Can I check what’s the usual timeline to receive an update after the medical checkup?

Unregistered 06-01-2022 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 196572)
Hi all, I completed my Singapore customs interview and was scheduled for pre-employment medical check up on 28 Dec. Can I check what’s the usual timeline to receive an update after the medical checkup?

Hi, i waited almost 3 weeks to get verbal offer from medical , background, refrence check.

Unregistered 06-01-2022 09:52 AM

Anyone can share how long vital takes to email LOA after accepting verbal offer from HR?

Unregistered 06-01-2022 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 196574)
Anyone can share how long vital takes to email LOA after accepting verbal offer from HR?

1 month max?

Unregistered 06-01-2022 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 196594)
1 month max?

Shoot. Its gonna be 3 weeks of waiting since already accept verbal offer and knowing my posting. And the best part apart from waiting for vital, still need to wait for HR to give me the start date .

Unregistered 06-01-2022 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 196573)
Hi, i waited almost 3 weeks to get verbal offer from medical , background, refrence check.

Reference check refers to HR calling the referees or previous employment HR?

Unregistered 09-01-2022 09:47 PM

Hi, can I check if it’ll be okay to call HR and check on my application status? The last I heard from them was about 2 weeks back and they mentioned that my application is under process and they’ll get back to me once there’s any update.

Unregistered 10-01-2022 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 195798)
Looking to apply for esg, edb and mti…which of the three offers the best package and prospects in terms of future career development and movement? Thx in advance

EDB and MTI definitely has better job prospects since one is dealing with MNCs and the other dealing with industry level wide or policy related initiatives. I think they pay better than ESG too. Anyone would like to share more about the culture wise of these 3?

Unregistered 10-01-2022 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 197033)
EDB and MTI definitely has better job prospects since one is dealing with MNCs and the other dealing with industry level wide or policy related initiatives. I think they pay better than ESG too. Anyone would like to share more about the culture wise of these 3?

U sound a bit delusional

Unregistered 10-01-2022 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 197036)
U sound a bit delusional

Then what do you have to offer? Dont just say only.

Unregistered 10-01-2022 12:28 PM

Anyone knows how much the shift pay is like for customs and what the shift patterns are like thanks in advance

Unregistered 10-01-2022 07:15 PM

anybody knows once goverment send offer letter still can nego or not ah?

Unregistered 10-01-2022 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 197103)

offer letter means they already gotten it approved by the head of agency, u think they wanna go back and ask the boss for another pay adjustment?

Unregistered 11-01-2022 05:07 PM

Quote:

If you feel that there are valid reasons to discuss, pls do so. Else you will feel underpaid, which is not a good feeling..

Unregistered 11-01-2022 06:57 PM

Quote:

If you are a fresh grad, it is very unlikely that you they will adjust their pay since it is pegged to the scheme, unless your final semester results can bring up your class, i.e. 2nd upper to 1st class.

If you are an experienced hire, then just try and ask for more, at most the increment gets rejected.

Unregistered 11-01-2022 09:55 PM

Applied to AGD and was told that I will be placed on the Accounting Profession Scheme, but wasn't given additional info. Any ideas what that scheme entails? Tried googling but can't really find anything.

Unregistered 12-01-2022 03:34 AM

Nearly a month since I was told that they are keen to process my application further but no updates since. Checked around two weeks ago and was informed the same. My referees told me that they have not been contacted yet. Does that mean that the chances of getting the job not very high?

Unregistered 12-01-2022 11:31 PM

Hello! Anyone applied to HSA and was offered the role? Would appreciate if a timeline can be provided! :) Just want to see what the waiting time is like. Thanks in advance!

Also, if anyone knows the salary scheme for HSA I would appreciate that too haha

Unregistered 15-01-2022 07:34 PM

Hi, I applied for Customs in Nov and went for interview and medical in Dec. It’s been 3 weeks since my medical was cleared but I’ve no news yet! Should I take it as I’m not hired, or continue to wait? Ive been given other offers too (private sector) but I’m looking at a civil service job. Should I continue to wait or just accept the other offers?

Unregistered 15-01-2022 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 197777)
Hi, I applied for Customs in Nov and went for interview and medical in Dec. It’s been 3 weeks since my medical was cleared but I’ve no news yet! Should I take it as I’m not hired, or continue to wait? Ive been given other offers too (private sector) but I’m looking at a civil service job. Should I continue to wait or just accept the other offers?

ask the hr

Unregistered 16-01-2022 02:30 PM

Hello, do contract staffs (one-year) enjoy the same benefits as permanent staffs? E.g. aws, vb, marriage leaves, birthday leave, etc?

Unregistered 16-01-2022 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 197778)
ask the hr

Hi! I’ve been trying to contact the HR, and even emailed her, but she hasn’t replied yet.

Unregistered 16-01-2022 04:10 PM

Hi! How long will it take for Vital to reach out on the appointment formalities after verbal offer from HR? Will Vital ask to go for medical check up or a medical check up may not be necessary and will be asked to sign the LOA?

Unregistered 16-01-2022 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 197919)
Hello, do contract staffs (one-year) enjoy the same benefits as permanent staffs? E.g. aws, vb, marriage leaves, birthday leave, etc?

depends on organisation

mines already on my 3rd contract

signed the 1st two contracts in 2019 (1 year) and 2020 (1 year)
the current one tt i am on is for 2 years, final extension since some PSD directive says max can only sign contract accumulatively for 4 years. any duration beyond that (i.e convert to perm headcount is subject to the stat board whether haf head count to bring u in)

most leave entitlement would haf as per perm staff
however other fringe benefits like PB, year-end bonus, dont have for me

Unregistered 16-01-2022 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 197975)
depends on organisation

the current one tt i am on is for 2 years, final extension since some PSD directive says max can only sign contract accumulatively for 4 years. any duration beyond that (i.e convert to perm headcount is subject to the stat board whether haf head count to bring u in)

Why they dun wan to convert u? Then u miss out a lot bonus u ok with that?

Unregistered 16-01-2022 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 197975)
depends on organisation

So what’s your plan? You prefer contract gig is it?

Unregistered 17-01-2022 06:54 PM

Hi, anyone applied for Officer of Customs post? How long does HR take to update you the status of whether you are hired, and what’s the process like? I noticed that the post on Careers@Gov was like opened 3 times after it expired.

Unregistered 18-01-2022 10:56 AM

Instead of offering, they offer secondment?

recently, I have applied for a job in my parent ministry. 2 weeks ago, I rejected it as the pay cut was too much. Last week, the min HR called me and proposed that I do a secondment. If I am ok, they will contact my SB HR.

Now I abit concerned, what should I be anticipating, is secondment good for my resume.

sorry for my noob qn.

Unregistered 18-01-2022 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 198226)
recently, I have applied for a job in my parent ministry. 2 weeks ago, I rejected it as the pay cut was too much. Last week, the min HR called me and proposed that I do a secondment. If I am ok, they will contact my SB HR.

Now I abit concerned, what should I be anticipating, is secondment good for my resume.

sorry for my noob qn.

Secondment is a good exposure, however, most people who are seconded to other SB/Min do not usually get promoted fast, because only your parent agency can put you up for promotion. There are pros and cons. But I would go for secondment as I would be able to have a better understanding of how other SB/Min works and what’s best for me eventually.

Unregistered 20-01-2022 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 197920)
Hi! I’ve been trying to contact the HR, and even emailed her, but she hasn’t replied yet.

Who’s is ur HR

Unregistered 20-01-2022 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 198522)
Who’s is ur HR

Her name starts with A, I won't share the full name for pdpa purpose.

Unregistered 21-01-2022 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 198618)
Her name starts with A, I won't share the full name for pdpa purpose.

Mine isn’t A, sent the hr an email on Mon but no reply.. maybe busier now? Idk

Unregistered 21-01-2022 10:28 AM

Dun understand why HR so simple things can be up to few months one for the whole onboarding process. If in private company already sure kana sack already for being ineffective.

Unregistered 22-01-2022 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 198691)
Dun understand why HR so simple things can be up to few months one for the whole onboarding process. If in private company already sure kana sack already for being ineffective.

so you are still waiting?

Unregistered 23-01-2022 12:35 PM

Average pay of the job in stat board is $x but this is 40% higher than my current pay. Did a comparison of my work exp vs the peers in the same role and i am comparable/more experienced. What’s the likelihood of getting $x as my offer?