Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2023-civil-svc-statboard-typical-timeline-making-hiring-decision.html)

Unregistered 21-11-2021 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 190858)
graduated 2 years ago. but changed job 3 times. you need to change your brain

that is very uncalled for and rude.

I worked after graduating from with a diploma. I didn’t go straight to carry on university studies. Not everyone goes to university straight away??

Get your facts right before you start dissing people.

Unregistered 21-11-2021 11:46 PM

Has SID gotten back to anyone who did their tests in mid sept?

Unregistered 22-11-2021 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 190890)
that is very uncalled for and rude.

I worked after graduating from with a diploma. I didn’t go straight to carry on university studies. Not everyone goes to university straight away??

Get your facts right before you start dissing people.

i think it is not about you graduated with a diploma or university. changing 3 jobs in 2 years is something the HR or your hiring boss will definitely pick up.

Unregistered 22-11-2021 03:22 PM

Htx

Hi, can anyone enlighten on HTX's application timeline?
Thanks!

Unregistered 22-11-2021 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 190964)
Hi, can anyone enlighten on HTX's application timeline?
Thanks!

mine took about 7 weeks to get the offer after the final interview. So basically if they are interested in you, they will let you know after the interview, probably a day or two. Then they will start to process your application - mainly is security clearance. My clearance took about 6 weeks. The following week inform of the offer.

you can get in touch with HR 1 or 2 weeks later after your interview to check your status. whether any 2nd interview or they already processed your application.

I think to get the whole contract sign probably 8-9 weeks after they processed your application.

Unregistered 22-11-2021 07:13 PM

I was offered a 6 months contract by CS. It is a rather project basis job.. There's a few perm staff in the department. Some perm staff say something like if we do this thing well, we'll "be rewarded with a job for life". I can't help but cringe a little bit because of the many times i have been burned before by shitty managers who tell us to work hard and we'll get a raise but never got it.

So how?? Is he smoking me or telling me the truth???

Unregistered 22-11-2021 07:15 PM

Anyone applied for the role of an analyst with SPF in the recent application window? Have you guys heard anything?

Unregistered 22-11-2021 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 191006)
I was offered a 6 months contract by CS. It is a rather project basis job.. There's a few perm staff in the department. Some perm staff say something like if we do this thing well, we'll "be rewarded with a job for life". I can't help but cringe a little bit because of the many times i have been burned before by shitty managers who tell us to work hard and we'll get a raise but never got it.

So how?? Is he smoking me or telling me the truth???

if there are no perm headcount, even if your are superman also dont have spot

Unregistered 22-11-2021 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 190913)
i think it is not about you graduated with a diploma or university. changing 3 jobs in 2 years is something the HR or your hiring boss will definitely pick up.

But the fact that op latest employee offered him/her a role would have meant that they are alright with it. It is getting more common for the younger gens to find a good fit.

Unregistered 22-11-2021 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 190976)
mine took about 7 weeks to get the offer after the final interview. So basically if they are interested in you, they will let you know after the interview, probably a day or two. Then they will start to process your application - mainly is security clearance. My clearance took about 6 weeks. The following week inform of the offer.

you can get in touch with HR 1 or 2 weeks later after your interview to check your status. whether any 2nd interview or they already processed your application.

I think to get the whole contract sign probably 8-9 weeks after they processed your application.

Ty for sharing, looks like the security clearance took rather long.

How's work life at HTX? Since it is a rather new stat board.
Can share more about the job grades/salary range?

Unregistered 23-11-2021 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 191039)
Ty for sharing, looks like the security clearance took rather long.

How's work life at HTX? Since it is a rather new stat board.
Can share more about the job grades/salary range?

New stat board but majority workers are not new, most fron respective home team ict branch convert to htx staff.. depends which home team u join, some relax some back to back action. Salary is good though..

Unregistered 23-11-2021 01:23 PM

Customs timeline

Hi guys, anyone applied with singapore customs and reached to the medical stage?
Ive went through panel on 29th last month, went for medical on 5th nov and submitted extra documents on 5th as well. Its already 23 nov still no news from hr. The last i get was email from HR saying that application still in process. What does this roughly means? Hmmm.

Unregistered 23-11-2021 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 191074)
Hi guys, anyone applied with singapore customs and reached to the medical stage?
Ive went through panel on 29th last month, went for medical on 5th nov and submitted extra documents on 5th as well. Its already 23 nov still no news from hr. The last i get was email from HR saying that application still in process. What does this roughly means? Hmmm.

Means their hr is slow n inefficient

Unregistered 23-11-2021 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 191074)

you submit any G50? if yes, then be prepared to wait about 2 months for the security clearance.

Unregistered 23-11-2021 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 191106)
you submit any G50? if yes, then be prepared to wait about 2 months for the security clearance.

No G50 form . Only a single form that ive filled up…should i contact the HR?

Unregistered 23-11-2021 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 191108)
No G50 form . Only a single form that ive filled up…should i contact the HR?

yes you should. since you went for medical check-up already meaning likely offered

Unregistered 23-11-2021 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 191111)
yes you should. since you went for medical check-up already meaning likely offered

Yeaa guess i should then. Thank you so much!

Unregistered 24-11-2021 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 191111)

i thought it should be offer you already then go medical check-up for final confirmation of offer.

Unregistered 24-11-2021 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 191275)
i thought it should be offer you already then go medical check-up for final confirmation of offer.

usually is cleared medical and all necessary then they will offer. in another circumstance where medical clearance is not part of the decision making to hire you (like your jobscope is office bounded kind) and based on internal assessment, if they feel you are less likely have any health issue, they will offer you first and arrange medical next.

The OP asking this qns is waiting for final confirmation. If medical clearance is part of the decision making, the HR will restrict not to offer u anything until your medical is cleared.

Unregistered 24-11-2021 11:11 PM

My boss is a big shot "retired" military fella...like LTC level one. Is he going to stay here for a loooong time? Can i count on him for my job longevity? He definitely has some longevity but i am not sure about me.

Unregistered 25-11-2021 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 191358)
My boss is a big shot "retired" military fella...like LTC level one. Is he going to stay here for a loooong time? Can i count on him for my job longevity? He definitely has some longevity but i am not sure about me.

He is sure to stay, that's the unsaid perks for LTC and above. Those high up there knew that those people could not find a job outside hence a "civilian" job is prearranged for them once their tour ended. They will just try to put them in any agency that has a slot and this ex military guy seldom go elsewhere because with no relevant experience, where can they go? Unless got connections.

My previous stats board all my DDs are ex military guy. All zero relevant experience and come be our boss and we have to teach him like a baby. Funny isnt it? I will say that you observe yourself on how popular he is within his bosses. If his bosses all ex military people, i will say u have hope, but if his bosses dont come from the same path as him, then better go. Unlikely the division will be liken. I left because all my ex military DDs are not liken by their own bosses (not same ex military) so the division seldom have people promote, we do so much ended up in drain. And if your division every two years change a new boss, pls go too. Because new comer boss will have less fighting power at annual appraisal so the division will also kenna dragged. I experienced all these myself already.

Unregistered 25-11-2021 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 191368)
He is sure to stay, that's the unsaid perks for LTC and above. Those high up there knew that those people could not find a job outside hence a "civilian" job is prearranged for them once their tour ended. They will just try to put them in any agency that has a slot and this ex military guy seldom go elsewhere because with no relevant experience, where can they go? Unless got connections.

My previous stats board all my DDs are ex military guy. All zero relevant experience and come be our boss and we have to teach him like a baby. Funny isnt it? I will say that you observe yourself on how popular he is within his bosses. If his bosses all ex military people, i will say u have hope, but if his bosses dont come from the same path as him, then better go. Unlikely the division will be liken. I left because all my ex military DDs are not liken by their own bosses (not same ex military) so the division seldom have people promote, we do so much ended up in drain. And if your division every two years change a new boss, pls go too. Because new comer boss will have less fighting power at annual appraisal so the division will also kenna dragged. I experienced all these myself already.

You got kanna one year changed 3 bosses before? Haha

Unregistered 25-11-2021 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 191368)

Omg that's my DD also lor. Kick another level up and i start seeing ranks like BG liao. Legit all either ex SAF/navy/air force etc. Thanks for your reply.

Unregistered 25-11-2021 07:00 AM

My ministry is filled of likes of BG, COL, etc etc. Got air force, navy, etc.

Btw does that mean I'll never be DD. 😢

Unregistered 25-11-2021 07:07 AM

What's the best way to make them happy ah? These ex military guys. I got a colleague who always address the boss by "sir" and say things like "Roger" and "over".

Unregistered 25-11-2021 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 191380)

I dont care abt DD, for ever lowest tittle also can as long as u just promote me and salary increase. Lowest job tittle means less stress.

Unregistered 25-11-2021 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 191380)

Yes, if DDs slot are reserved, then sorry non scholar will less likely get it. Promotion works only if your top move and you can move. If your top all hentaki, you think you can move upwards? Where got slot. All appointment have a number of headcounts.

Unregistered 25-11-2021 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 191373)
You got kanna one year changed 3 bosses before? Haha

Change every two years. To be eligible for promotion you need to get above avg grade for consecutive 2 years or avg grade for consecutive 3 or 4 years. Imagine your first year you get B, then you work as hard and 2nd year change a new boss and appraisal came C.. the chain is broken. You ended up not eligible and wait for 3rd years to get another avg grade to see if eligible. By then, you have alot of competitors liao and if there are other bettee candidates or those waited damn long, you sure have to continue wait.

Unregistered 25-11-2021 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 191383)
Yes, if DDs slot are reserved, then sorry non scholar will less likely get it. Promotion works only if your top move and you can move. If your top all hentaki, you think you can move upwards? Where got slot. All appointment have a number of headcounts.

Sorry but what does hentaki means? Me noob.

Unregistered 25-11-2021 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 191386)
Sorry but what does hentaki means? Me noob.

Hahah. Henta kaki la. Spelled wrong.

Unregistered 25-11-2021 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 191390)
Hahah. Henta kaki la. Spelled wrong.

hentai kaki

Unregistered 26-11-2021 10:01 AM

Has anyone ever experienced HR calling after interview to ask if I’m alright with another role instead of the role I’ve applied for? Not sure what to make out of it.

greenerpastures 26-11-2021 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 191383)

Management roles (including DD) come in all forms. Some of these roles can be taken up by anyone. Some of those roles are designated "superscale" roles, meaning they are reserved for talent scheme people. These superscale roles are hard to get, in fact near impossible, if you are not on a talent scheme.

But if you are not on a talent scheme, you really do not want those roles. Your pay will not be worth the work you put in. These roles are designated superscale because they are tough. The Perm Sec will look at you during meetings. You will be asked to defend yourself to Ministers. You will 100% not have good work-life balance.

greenerpastures 26-11-2021 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 191592)
Has anyone ever experienced HR calling after interview to ask if I’m alright with another role instead of the role I’ve applied for? Not sure what to make out of it.

happens all the time. not just for government, but other companies.

could mean one of the following:

(i) the role you applied for is filled, but they still think you're decent

(ii) they don't think you're suitable for the role u applied for, but are suitable for the other other

(iii) the hiring needs for that other role is more urgent

(iv) less likely - the pay in the current role does not match what you want, but it matches the other role better

Unregistered 26-11-2021 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenerpastures (Post 191602)
Management roles (including DD) come in all forms. Some of these roles can be taken up by anyone. Some of those roles are designated "superscale" roles, meaning they are reserved for talent scheme people. These superscale roles are hard to get, in fact near impossible, if you are not on a talent scheme.

But if you are not on a talent scheme, you really do not want those roles. Your pay will not be worth the work you put in. These roles are designated superscale because they are tough. The Perm Sec will look at you during meetings. You will be asked to defend yourself to Ministers. You will 100% not have good work-life balance.

how far should i climb? AD only?

Unregistered 26-11-2021 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 191604)

anyone know how the grading works?

If i am "assistant manager", does that mean i am mx12??

Unregistered 26-11-2021 11:47 AM

Hi anyone knows the typical time line for clearance check within MOM?

Was given a verbal acceptance early this month, pending clearance check etc etc.

greenerpastures 26-11-2021 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 191604)

depends on what you are looking for in life :)

I would say the best ROI in terms of effort put in vs pay, would be a junior Director/senior DD in a non-superscale position.

Unregistered 26-11-2021 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenerpastures (Post 191618)
depends on what you are looking for in life :)

I would say the best ROI in terms of effort put in vs pay, would be a junior Director/senior DD in a non-superscale position.

Any examples of a non-superscale position?

greenerpastures 26-11-2021 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 191619)
Any examples of a non-superscale position?

Anything in a ministry with the word "strategy" or "policy" in the division name/job title is likely to be superscale DD. the rest of the roles are a bit less clear, stat boards also a bit less clear.

If you are in the org, you can probably figure it out. See which DDs are the most overworked, ends up doing COS, etc.

Finance and Admin DDs usually not superscale, HR also usually not.