Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2023-civil-svc-statboard-typical-timeline-making-hiring-decision.html)

Unregistered 27-10-2021 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188214)
guys nowadays signing the offer letter is done over scan/email or must go down physically to sign?

if it’s going through vital, it’s via a virtual briefing and e-signature for the letter of offer.

Unregistered 28-10-2021 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188220)
Thats y i dont waste money give them photo, just say forget, if confirm selected then i bring photo

No leh now everything done virtually. Even interview is on Microsoft teams.

Unregistered 28-10-2021 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188210)
I've been asked for passport photo and was not shortlisted in the end. My current job I've also been asked for passport photo from HR before the final interview. Got selected in the end.

Sorry I know my repliy don't help much. Maybe it doesn't mean anything?

Ouch! I set my tripod in the middle of the day to take the photo man

Unregistered 29-10-2021 11:51 AM

HR said they're working on my appointment and processing time is between 2-4 weeks....letter coming?? :DDD anyone know what is the timeline like??

Unregistered 30-10-2021 09:59 AM

Same

Did you have a job while waiting for the security clearance and did the recruitment team update you about the progress along the way? Going through the same thing and the timeline keeps getting pushed back. It’s almost year end already so I’m worried. More worried that they will rescind the offer last minute.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186650)
Hi guys, this post came kind of late, I have started my new job awhile back in a technology Statboard.
Would like to contribute my part for my application timeline:

Mid May : Applied for the position through career@gov
+ 1 week: Received a call from HR for a scheduled interview
+ 1 week: Interview session with hiring manager & director
+ 2 days: Received a call from HR stating interest and verbal offer
+ 8 weeks: Received security clearance approval and received the formal offer letter

Took around 2-3 weeks from application > interview > verbal offer.
After verbal offer, waited another 8 weeks for security clearance to get the formal offer letter.

Unregistered 30-10-2021 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188391)
HR said they're working on my appointment and processing time is between 2-4 weeks....letter coming?? :DDD anyone know what is the timeline like??

anyone got any news on this? is this an offer lmao???

Unregistered 30-10-2021 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188509)
Did you have a job while waiting for the security clearance and did the recruitment team update you about the progress along the way? Going through the same thing and the timeline keeps getting pushed back. It’s almost year end already so I’m worried. More worried that they will rescind the offer last minute.

OP here. I do have another job while waiting for the final offer.
The recruitment did not update on a frequent basis however, I did contact them twice during the 8 weeks clearance period (kind of paranoid, excited and to get confirmation).

However, during the verbal offer, after the interview, the HR did reassure me that this offer is all set and will be onboarded as long as there isn't any issues with the clearance (heard most of the time will be cleared).

Did HR told you that you are pending clearance? If so, what Cat clearance would it be? The higher the clearance level, the longer it will take depending on individual (up to 6 months)

All the best!

Unregistered 30-10-2021 03:11 PM

Hi all. Does anybody know if resign from hdb, are there any rule saying we can't join back within a period? Or there isn't? I've left hdb for 3 months but due to career mismatch for new jobs, I reapplied hdb again. TIA!

Unregistered 30-10-2021 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188552)
Hi all. Does anybody know if resign from hdb, are there any rule saying we can't join back within a period? Or there isn't? I've left hdb for 3 months but due to career mismatch for new jobs, I reapplied hdb again. TIA!

depending on if you finish your contract period (most govt jobs nowadays are contract btw) and how you leave ah....

if you and your supervisor got bad relations it is as good as gg liao...but if things change you can update me lor....

Unregistered 30-10-2021 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188554)
depending on if you finish your contract period (most govt jobs nowadays are contract btw) and how you leave ah....

if you and your supervisor got bad relations it is as good as gg liao...but if things change you can update me lor....

Serve 1 mth notice lo. Why cannot leave?

Unregistered 30-10-2021 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188558)

cos it shows you're someone who isn't very committed....

do you know how much hr does to hire just 1 candidate for a one year contract??? not a secret that the processing time takes damn long, especially for sensitive positions. they're probably looking for someone who wouldn't quit so fast.

Unregistered 30-10-2021 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188558)

do tell us if you managed to get a job back with them

Unregistered 30-10-2021 05:00 PM

is medical check up die die must have? i only got reference check authorisation form, psaf, annex a1/a2, do some essay lol

Unregistered 30-10-2021 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188559)
cos it shows you're someone who isn't very committed....

do you know how much hr does to hire just 1 candidate for a one year contract??? not a secret that the processing time takes damn long, especially for sensitive positions. they're probably looking for someone who wouldn't quit so fast.

I think that's a pretty old thinking though. It's very common for job mismatch nowadays and previous jobs I have been with companies for many years. This is also the first time I decided to leave within a short span

Unregistered 31-10-2021 09:17 AM

Hey there! Thank you so much for sharing!

HR did not tell me which category. Any idea what are the different categories? I was told that reference and background checks have been completed but might have delay because of the system. I am also reassured along the way but still really paranoid since it is nearing the end of year too.

Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188537)
OP here. I do have another job while waiting for the final offer.
The recruitment did not update on a frequent basis however, I did contact them twice during the 8 weeks clearance period (kind of paranoid, excited and to get confirmation).

However, during the verbal offer, after the interview, the HR did reassure me that this offer is all set and will be onboarded as long as there isn't any issues with the clearance (heard most of the time will be cleared).

Did HR told you that you are pending clearance? If so, what Cat clearance would it be? The higher the clearance level, the longer it will take depending on individual (up to 6 months)

All the best!

Unregistered 31-10-2021 02:26 PM

Hi can anyone help me on this, I applied for DEI (SPF) n hav been waitin for an official offer from them but so far I have not heard back from them since the last interview. How long do they take to finish and process the approval before officially notifying me of e offer? TIA!

Unregistered 01-11-2021 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188655)
Hi can anyone help me on this, I applied for DEI (SPF) n hav been waitin for an official offer from them but so far I have not heard back from them since the last interview. How long do they take to finish and process the approval before officially notifying me of e offer? TIA!

How long was this ago?

Have u done any interview/test/fill out forms...etc?

worried11 01-11-2021 02:55 PM

Worried after verbal offer

Was verbally offered three weeks ago but currently still pending checks. Anyone faced this before? I am worried there might be a change in org priorities and there might be a possibility of my contract being rescinded.

Unregistered 01-11-2021 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by worried11 (Post 188791)
Was verbally offered three weeks ago but currently still pending checks. Anyone faced this before? I am worried there might be a change in org priorities and there might be a possibility of my contract being rescinded.

where u applying 4 the job?

Unregistered 01-11-2021 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188605)
Hey there! Thank you so much for sharing!

HR did not tell me which category. Any idea what are the different categories? I was told that reference and background checks have been completed but might have delay because of the system. I am also reassured along the way but still really paranoid since it is nearing the end of year too.

Thanks!

OP here. Guess the type of clearance category got to be associated with the project/team you are gonna be involve with. The higher the category, the more sensitive it is.
Did HR instruct yo fill up any G50 form? (clearance form)

I feel exactly the same as you were previously. But if HR has given u reassurance, I would say 99% it would be successful. It is typical for them to have a long processing time.

I would say just enjoy your remaining period in your current organization (if you have yet to tender), else just take it as a small holiday and enjoy before embarking on your new career. All the best and hope the official offer come soon! :)

Unregistered 01-11-2021 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by worried11 (Post 188791)

Not sure where you applied but i dont think they would give verbal offers. Usually the only confirmation is when they send u the contract. Because anything could happen in between, like backgrouns or medical checks etc..

Unregistered 02-11-2021 08:42 AM

What's the typical processing time required by Vital to get in touch on the appointment formalities? I'm less than a month to my agreed commencement date but have yet to hear from Vital. Any advice from those being appointed in recent months would be much appreciated. Thanks :)

Unregistered 14-11-2021 09:55 AM

Singapore Customs officer

Hi all, i just want to check with you guys. Ive went for panel interview ending of oct, and went for pre employment medical starting of nov. How long is the process and pre employment meaning i get the job or naaaah?

Thank you in advance

Unregistered 14-11-2021 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 189970)
Hi all, i just want to check with you guys. Ive went for panel interview ending of oct, and went for pre employment medical starting of nov. How long is the process and pre employment meaning i get the job or naaaah?

Thank you in advance

I heard that it takes some time after medical. After your second interview, how long did they take to inform you to go for your medical?

Unregistered 17-11-2021 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 189978)
I heard that it takes some time after medical. After your second interview, how long did they take to inform you to go for your medical?

They inform me to go for medical is about 4 days long…

Unregistered 17-11-2021 02:28 PM

anyone applied for a non-teaching position with MOE before? i went for an interview with them 2 weeks ago and took a personality test but i havent heard from them so far? Is it a goner?

Unregistered 18-11-2021 04:03 PM

Hi guys, has anyone tendered resignation in a SB/Ministry within one month due to job unsuitability? Any repercussions for next employment if one is still keen to work in public sector? TIA.

Unregistered 18-11-2021 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 190449)
Hi guys, has anyone tendered resignation in a SB/Ministry within one month due to job unsuitability? Any repercussions for next employment if one is still keen to work in public sector? TIA.

Not a good move to do so, it’ll appear to the next hirer that you are fickle minded etc. Why do you even take the first move to send in the resume, attends the interview only to quit in a month. There are so many stuff that the next hirer will want to know besides saying that the job is unsuitable. Idk these are is just my thoughts.

Unregistered 19-11-2021 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 190462)
Not a good move to do so, it’ll appear to the next hirer that you are fickle minded etc. Why do you even take the first move to send in the resume, attends the interview only to quit in a month. There are so many stuff that the next hirer will want to know besides saying that the job is unsuitable. Idk these are is just my thoughts.

I see… so you reckon it’s not advisable to return to the public sector? It’s true actually, I was recently given an interview opportunity with the same organisation but diff dept - instead of trying to find out about my suitability for the role through my previous job experiences, they focussed on sussing out why I had previously left the organisation within one month. Sigh, demoralising much..

Unregistered 19-11-2021 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 190546)
I see… so you reckon it’s not advisable to return to the public sector? It’s true actually, I was recently given an interview opportunity with the same organisation but diff dept - instead of trying to find out about my suitability for the role through my previous job experiences, they focussed on sussing out why I had previously left the organisation within one month. Sigh, demoralising much..

Perhaps you may want to try a different sb/ministry or just leave the job out of your resume when you apply for the next role

Unregistered 19-11-2021 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 190583)
Perhaps you may want to try a different sb/ministry or just leave the job out of your resume when you apply for the next role

If I leave the job out of my resume, the sb/ministry’s HR won’t eventually find out when they do a background check?

Unregistered 20-11-2021 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 190449)

I would rather you dont state that 1 month experience in the SB/Ministry. I have an ex colleague who jump out when he was 5th month in the job, 1 more month to finish probation. Ended up, he worked 1 year outside and regretted but just cannot find his way back to the PS no matter how hard he tried. He has a 2nd lower degree at local U, on Uni scholarship scheme and had quite beautiful testimonials from his lecturer. Ended up, he go study PhD just to get that 3k monthly allowance.

Unregistered 20-11-2021 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 190620)
I would rather you dont state that 1 month experience in the SB/Ministry. I have an ex colleague who jump out when he was 5th month in the job, 1 more month to finish probation. Ended up, he worked 1 year outside and regretted but just cannot find his way back to the PS no matter how hard he tried. He has a 2nd lower degree at local U, on Uni scholarship scheme and had quite beautiful testimonials from his lecturer. Ended up, he go study PhD just to get that 3k monthly allowance.

sounds like a good student but a poor worker

Unregistered 20-11-2021 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 190620)

If I don’t state, the HR won’t find out as well? Thought Govt is all interlinked somehow.

Unregistered 20-11-2021 11:01 AM

Dilemma- need help.

Hey guys! Just wanted to check in to source views as I’m currently in a dilemma.
I’m with a ministry now (for a month) but have an interview with a SB that I’m interested in.

Should I
1. disclose that I’m in a ministry now if they ask during the interview? OR
2. Include the ministry job details in the forms prior to the interview?

As I’m afraid it’ll affect the salary if they offer cause the ministry job I took a pay cut due to circumstances (diff industry + only offer I had back then)

Background: graduated 2 years ago from local U so this is my 2nd/3rd job.

Thank you in advance :)

Unregistered 20-11-2021 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 190682)
Hey guys! Just wanted to check in to source views as I’m currently in a dilemma.
I’m with a ministry now (for a month) but have an interview with a SB that I’m interested in.

Should I

As I’m afraid it’ll affect the salary if they offer cause the ministry job I took a pay cut due to circumstances (diff industry + only offer I had back then)

Wheres the dilemma?? You mean to say not declaring is alright with you.. sssh.. what integrity are ppl taught these days

Unregistered 20-11-2021 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 190679)
If I don’t state, the HR won’t find out as well? Thought Govt is all interlinked somehow.

To my knowledge there is no interlink system, because the HR still have to email to ask your agency HR on your admin matters. Somemore is only 1 or 2 months kind of job. So if me i also wont state because it wont help. Even if later they just so happen to know, you can just say is a short period of exposure for you but definitely, you dont use salary just a justification why you jump, more of your interest and can say at that point of time u didnt see any opening at the SB (you wanted) if not, you would have picked it over this 1 month SB/Min

Unregistered 20-11-2021 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 190722)
To my knowledge there is no interlink system, because the HR still have to email to ask your agency HR on your admin matters. Somemore is only 1 or 2 months kind of job. So if me i also wont state because it wont help. Even if later they just so happen to know, you can just say is a short period of exposure for you but definitely, you dont use salary just a justification why you jump, more of your interest and can say at that point of time u didnt see any opening at the SB (you wanted) if not, you would have picked it over this 1 month SB/Min

more of your interest?? 8 out of 10 is money never interest.

Unregistered 21-11-2021 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 190769)
more of your interest?? 8 out of 10 is money never interest.

So, at least 2/10 is interest. I hope you said to your hirer that it is Money and you see what you ended up with.hahaha.

Unregistered 21-11-2021 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 190682)

Should I

graduated 2 years ago. but changed job 3 times. you need to change your brain