Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 04-04-2023 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 245095)
Hi, I am a second-year BT (currently GEO2) and while my fellow batchmates (we graduated from NIE the same time; and same gender as I am) are being promoted to GEO3 in April this year, I was informed that I will be promoted in October instead.

I wrote in to HR and was told that I did not "fulfill the criteria to be promoted in April". I am not sure of the reason why and which criteria they are talking about.

Anyone has any idea/was in similar situation as me and can provide some advice please? Thank you!

may i know which HR email you emailed to?

Unregistered 04-04-2023 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 245096)
Huh? Aspire towards career progression also wrong? Siao ah. If nobody is supposed to want career progression, the system will be worse off because there is no extrinsic motivation to increase productivity and performance.

exactly. then why do they expect teachers to do so many things that are out of teaching? planning school events, professional development, after school remedial. do these for free? when they can focus on classroom teaching instead.

Unregistered 04-04-2023 03:12 PM

Quote:

Hi, I am a second-year BT (currently GEO2) and while my fellow batchmates (we graduated from NIE the same time; and same gender as I am) are being promoted to GEO3 in April this year, I was informed that I will be promoted in October instead.

I wrote in to HR and was told that I did not "fulfill the criteria to be promoted in April". I am not sure of the reason why and which criteria they are talking about.

Anyone has any idea/was in similar situation as me and can provide some advice please? Thank you!

Lol wad advice u need?
Take a chill pill n wait till oct

Unregistered 04-04-2023 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 245096)
Huh? Aspire towards career progression also wrong? Siao ah. If nobody is supposed to want career progression, the system will be worse off because there is no extrinsic motivation to increase productivity and performance.

If you spend enough time on the ground, you should know that the real difference comes from hours spent directly interacting with students. All too often, many teachers chasing large scale projects for career progression do not do justice to their own students.

Unregistered 04-04-2023 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 245103)
Lol wad advice u need?
Take a chill pill n wait till oct

Hello, if tell you you will be promoted but not April as everyone else, need to wait till October. You okay with it meh? If there’s a legit reason for it then still okay la.

Unregistered 04-04-2023 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 245108)
Hello, if tell you you will be promoted but not April as everyone else, need to wait till October. You okay with it meh? If there’s a legit reason for it then still okay la.

exactly, i think that OP has some issues. you are sharing your concerns and your story why is he/she saying all these unnecessary stuff.

Unregistered 04-04-2023 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 244957)
my work scope is definitely more than geo 3 from 2016-2019, ic for cca + comm is a main thing + did lots of events + level coordinator + plt lead

thats why im so bump abt the no promotion

2020-current, im so jaded, i just dont want to do much, but no major mistakes and maybe thats why im stuck.

im rly rly depressed abt this.

for the past few years i cried so much and been so down. i think im sinking into depression and anxiety.

Seriously, you should consider changing school or even leave the service. At the end of a day, it’s just a job and no job should bring you so much angst. There is a life out there besides working and I strongly believe that you should prioritise your mental health.

Unregistered 04-04-2023 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 245108)

Lolol.
Not happy go bash MOE lo, strawberry.

Unregistered 04-04-2023 07:31 PM

I was promoted in October too instead of April as my batch to Geo 3, back in 2014. I was on maternity leave in 2012 and 2013. I think that could be the reason.

Unregistered 04-04-2023 08:18 PM

Quote:

Were you away at any point since your graduation? E.g., NPL, ML, etc. if yes, that could have affected your on-the-job work duration therefore impacting promotion timing