Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 03-04-2023 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 245003)
Fajt pay for GEO 3 is very low. Give tuition more worth it.

How low is v low??

Unregistered 03-04-2023 07:57 PM

Nil

Hi will the newly revised pay (from promotion and MI) take effect from this April payroll?

Unregistered 03-04-2023 08:01 PM

-

GEO2 2019 C (fresh from practicum)
GEO3 2020 C+
GEO3 2021 B
GEO3 2022 A (took on int KP)
GEO4 2023

How is this rate? For a male PGDE TA holder. Is it better for my career to make a move to HQ?

Unregistered 03-04-2023 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 245020)
GEO2 2019 C (fresh from practicum)
GEO3 2020 C+
GEO3 2021 B
GEO3 2022 A (took on int KP)
GEO4 2023

How is this rate? For a male PGDE TA holder. Is it better for my career to make a move to HQ?

Unless you are identified for FHQ posting, you may want to stay in your school for a while more. Try to clear your cluster interview for appointment to your position. Serve out the term (usually 2 years), before going HQ. It may make it easier to seek a HOD position on your way out of HQ.

If your CEP is high enough however, you may be identified for FHQ posting, which will forcibly cut short your first KP stint, but it's not a bad thing.

Unregistered 03-04-2023 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 245018)
Hi will the newly revised pay (from promotion and MI) take effect from this April payroll?

Yes. The new salary point will take effect from April payday.

Unregistered 03-04-2023 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 245006)
Geo 3 doing into SH and only get a B? That's pretty bad. There aren't that may geo3s who would be outshining the OP. An A would be deserved.

OP here.

I was very disappointed when I realised that despite all the hard work, I am still a B grader. To make things worse, I am still stuck at GEO3. Given all the Bs over the years, I am still not promoted. Wondering if a change of environment will help. Or should I just step down and be a HOT instead.

Unregistered 03-04-2023 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 245026)
OP here.

I was very disappointed when I realised that despite all the hard work, I am still a B grader. To make things worse, I am still stuck at GEO3. Given all the Bs over the years, I am still not promoted. Wondering if a change of environment will help. Or should I just step down and be a HOT instead.

That's pretty strange, talk to your RO about it.

Unregistered 03-04-2023 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 245030)
That's pretty strange, talk to your RO about it.

if your RO has not changed before, i suggest u avoid talking because it is likely that nothing will change, since this RO is partly the reason why u are stuck. either overshadowed during ranking, or cant be bothered to help to push u up.

try to see if u can change an environment, otherwise just step down and do bare minimum.

and looking at all the past posts, i can slowly see a rising trend of resignations and conversions to FAJT.

warning tho, with FAJT becoming so popular, i wont be surprised if the scheme is soon "tightened" to prevent saturation. additional workload? additional competition? lack of vacancies? just thinking of some possibilities.

Unregistered 03-04-2023 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 245036)
if your RO has not changed before, i suggest u avoid talking because it is likely that nothing will change, since this RO is partly the reason why u are stuck. either overshadowed during ranking, or cant be bothered to help to push u up.

try to see if u can change an environment, otherwise just step down and do bare minimum.

and looking at all the past posts, i can slowly see a rising trend of resignations and conversions to FAJT.

warning tho, with FAJT becoming so popular, i wont be surprised if the scheme is soon "tightened" to prevent saturation. additional workload? additional competition? lack of vacancies? just thinking of some possibilities.

Considering my options now between fajt, cajt and part time 80% scheme. Which is most value for money comparing workload and annual remuneration?

Unregistered 03-04-2023 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 245024)
Unless you are identified for FHQ posting, you may want to stay in your school for a while more. Try to clear your cluster interview for appointment to your position. Serve out the term (usually 2 years), before going HQ. It may make it easier to seek a HOD position on your way out of HQ.

If your CEP is high enough however, you may be identified for FHQ posting, which will forcibly cut short your first KP stint, but it's not a bad thing.

Oh yes, I will go clearing my cluster interview this May. Hence wanted to see if I could then move on to HQ with this KP and GEO4 profile. Doubt I’m identified (no news yet), so wanted to plan my own career path myself - just not sure if this is a sound decision