Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 31-05-2023 10:16 AM

Even if u managed to get the PPO, do u think the police will send someone to protect you? I’m afraid nothing will change in your case

1) police will not send anyone to increase your protection

2) the students should be below the age to be charged in court. Who u gonna charge?

3) don’t forget. Police will always check with school KP first as both are under civil service. If SL say no case, u think the police will believe u or police?
Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 249238)
Can I go to the police and apply for personal protection order against a group of students? These students go around shouting at teachers and there is nothing I can do to protect myself. Thinking about how I have to go in and teach them gives me anxieties. I am actually a strict teacher but because of the discipline system nowadays, I cannot teach students consequences of their actions. Students can threaten me and other students using the excuse of poor mental health but I cannot do anything to protect the students in the same environment….. wondering if I should quit.

Unregistered 31-05-2023 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 249255)
Even if u managed to get the PPO, do u think the police will send someone to protect you? I’m afraid nothing will change in your case

1) police will not send anyone to increase your protection

2) the students should be below the age to be charged in court. Who u gonna charge?

3) don’t forget. Police will always check with school KP first as both are under civil service. If SL say no case, u think the police will believe u or police?

Age of criminal liability is 10.

Anyone above age of 10 CAN be charged.

It's just that people in the legal system are not following the law as it is written.

Unregistered 31-05-2023 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 249264)
Age of criminal liability is 10.

Anyone above age of 10 CAN be charged.

It's just that people in the legal system are not following the law as it is written.

It will only be done if an underaged person commits an extremely serious or heinous crime. Otherwise, it will be passed off as trivial.

Unregistered 31-05-2023 09:42 PM

Lol. useless school.

Just quit la

Unregistered 31-05-2023 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 249300)
Lol. useless school.

Just quit la

lol. useless comment.

just get out of here la

perfect example of how both teachers and non-teachers comments and actions serve no help or purpose to those watching over their own kids

a very disappointing outcome as to how the system has evolved to become extremely unfair and unfavourable to teachers

public look down on and bash teachers. higher-ups throw down work to teachers. students have zero respect for teachers.

will our renowned education system remain sustainable...?

Unregistered 01-06-2023 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 249302)
lol. useless comment.

just get out of here la

perfect example of how both teachers and non-teachers comments and actions serve no help or purpose to those watching over their own kids

a very disappointing outcome as to how the system has evolved to become extremely unfair and unfavourable to teachers

public look down on and bash teachers. higher-ups throw down work to teachers. students have zero respect for teachers.

will our renowned education system remain sustainable...?

Lol. So u want the person to stay in the **** hole? Carry the hell on!

Munchen 02-06-2023 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 249240)
Have you tried giving feedback via official channels like your immediate superior, sch leaders, supt, MOE?

If this teacher is a BT, the SLs will assume that the problem lies with the teacher. If he/she is an experienced teacher, SLs will label teacher as one who cannot manage classroom.

Munchen 02-06-2023 11:20 AM

[QUOTE=Unregistered;248343]Don’t think it’s even possible to start doing less. The message all comes right from from PS and Minister. With so many changes every few years and not setting the stage right on what to do with so many priorities, it’s gonna get heavier and heavier[/QUOTE

Still recall attending a discussion with our dear Minister. One of the audience who is a teacher shared what could be done to improve work balance of teachers. The minister's reply was, "But it is not unreasonable for teachers to do CCA, admin and teaching work" while giving the "what a dumb qn look"

Unregistered 02-06-2023 11:59 AM

[QUOTE=Munchen;249357]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 248343)
Don’t think it’s even possible to start doing less. The message all comes right from from PS and Minister. With so many changes every few years and not setting the stage right on what to do with so many priorities, it’s gonna get heavier and heavier[/QUOTE

Still recall attending a discussion with our dear Minister. One of the audience who is a teacher shared what could be done to improve work balance of teachers. The minister's reply was, "But it is not unreasonable for teachers to do CCA, admin and teaching work" while giving the "what a dumb qn look"

When the top doesn't even want to acknowledge that there's a problem, things will never get better.

Please leave while you can.

Unregistered 02-06-2023 01:54 PM

Current minister of education? He can’t really behave like one in public settings. Just watch his tone, choice of words and pronunciation

[QUOTE=Munchen;249357]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 248343)
Don’t think it’s even possible to start doing less. The message all comes right from from PS and Minister. With so many changes every few years and not setting the stage right on what to do with so many priorities, it’s gonna get heavier and heavier[/QUOTE