Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 08-06-2023 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 249573)
Precisely! My school had three days of meetings/workshop. I wasn’t focused at all, didn’t remember much that was discussed, everyone was already on holiday mood.

Ope look for top independent schools, those have the best wisdom in terms of staff well being

Unregistered 08-06-2023 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 249536)
of course not la. crazy. but if u nominated as PE or CPE different

I'm not talking abt graded by MOE but by SEAB

When you perform the duties like oral or marking, do they grade how u mark? Espnnow on screen marking.

Unregistered 08-06-2023 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 249600)
Ope look for top independent schools, those have the best wisdom in terms of staff well being

It depends.

It's open secret that pay is higher, and more funds available.

Downside is that because pay is higher, people don't move, and progression is slow.

Also, expectations are much higher too, especially in terms of non-academic duties

Unregistered 10-06-2023 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 249600)

Definitely not Hwa Chong! 🤣

Unregistered 12-06-2023 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 249666)
It depends.

It's open secret that pay is higher, and more funds available.

Downside is that because pay is higher, people don't move, and progression is slow.

Also, expectations are much higher too, especially in terms of non-academic duties

my friend is currently a teacher in an independent school, in her early 30s and working for around 7 years, now drawing 5 digit p.m. enjoy life although she did mention cca and non-academic involvements are piling up

Unregistered 13-06-2023 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 249892)
my friend is currently a teacher in an independent school, in her early 30s and working for around 7 years, now drawing 5 digit p.m. enjoy life although she did mention cca and non-academic involvements are piling up

Pay is actually the same.

Non-wage benefits may be slightly better, but think of that as compensation for the relatively inflexibility since you cannot move across different schools to take up leadership positions for example.

Unregistered 13-06-2023 03:24 PM

Hmm

s://.straitstimes.com/singapore/courts-crime/more-than-10-months-jail-for-teacher-who-took-upskirt-videos-of-colleagues-and-students

Unregistered 14-06-2023 09:16 AM

Open and closed posting

Sorry I’m a relatively new teacher and this is a noob question.

Should I apply for open or closed posting if I would like a change of school? For closed posting, will I be posted to a school that’s very far from me? For open posting, I get to choose the school that I’m interested to transfer to and then I’ll have to wait to be called for interview after applying through HRMS? How does it work? Please help!

enjayell 14-06-2023 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 249949)

Should I apply for open or closed posting if I would like a change of school? For closed posting, will I be posted to a school that’s very far from me? For open posting, I get to choose the school that I’m interested to transfer to and then I’ll have to wait to be called for interview after applying through HRMS? How does it work? Please help!

Check Intranet HROnline for details! Access on SSOE device.

Unregistered 14-06-2023 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 249949)

The two are different times - open posting first then closed posting. Best to go for open posting so you can choose your school and have a feel of the school culture when you interview with the school leaders and HODs. Remember interviews are a two way street, the school may be interviewing you but you are also interviewing the school so to speak. If you fail to get a school at open posting, you can apply for closed posting. That's not the preferred option because you only get to choose a zone (north, south, east or west) and HR will just post you. All the best!