Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 12-03-2023 02:04 PM

And why would they want to ‘rock’ the system if making meaningful changes isn’t really within their job scope, right?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 242189)
Ps and VPs are still small fries in the system.

At most DD level, still need to report to sup. And a lot of them are already at their career ceiling. They can't do much to address issues such as manpower shortages, because staffing quota is ultimately assessed by the higher ups in HQ.

The people with the real decision-making powers are those from divisional director and above. E.g. schools division director, DDGE, DGE, Perm Sec

Unregistered 12-03-2023 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 242189)
Ps and VPs are still small fries in the system.

At most DD level, still need to report to sup. And a lot of them are already at their career ceiling. They can't do much to address issues such as manpower shortages, because staffing quota is ultimately assessed by the higher ups in HQ.

The people with the real decision-making powers are those from divisional director and above. E.g. schools division director, DDGE, DGE, Perm Sec

A lot of the top-level strategic planning, including manpower planning, is done by people who are not even Education Officers. This is not a unique problem in MOE, especially when young AOs are being rotated between ministries more often than they change underwear - faster than they can gain deep knowledge and authentic ground sensing.

Unregistered 12-03-2023 04:36 PM

Hi is it ok if i tender on 31st march. Last day 30 april.

I will be able to keep my PB right.

And will the SLs kpkp if one leaves in april? Lol

Unregistered 12-03-2023 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 242201)
Hi is it ok if i tender on 31st march. Last day 30 april.

I will be able to keep my PB right.

And will the SLs kpkp if one leaves in april? Lol

Don't worry about what others say about you. All the best and find your happiness :)

Unregistered 12-03-2023 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 242202)
Don't worry about what others say about you. All the best and find your happiness :)

Thank u :)

Unregistered 13-03-2023 04:30 PM

What is the minimum PB for a C grader?

Unregistered 13-03-2023 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 242160)
Go for part time, it’s more worth it

What's the difference between Part time and FAJT?

Unregistered 13-03-2023 05:26 PM

Teachers

Teachers many complaints

Unregistered 13-03-2023 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 242257)
Teachers many complaints

Another person who has never worked a 80 hour teacher week for median salary.

Unregistered 13-03-2023 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 242264)
Another person who has never worked a 80 hour teacher week for median salary.

To be honest, I’ve been a teacher for more than 10 years and I can never understand how some teachers always claim that they worked for 80 hours? Other than the standard teaching hours, meetings and CCA, you can always manage your time wisely. Never ever do 1 to 1 consultation because you are not a tuition teacher. Make sure students ask their peers first before approaching you. Because if the whole class doesn’t understand, then can just re-teach in class. Next, you can always manage your marking load by managing how much work you want to assign. Advocate for peer/individual marking. Even for EL, get students to do drafts until the essay is of standard so that marking is easier.

Most of the time, I see teachers spending their breaks chit chatting with one another in the pantry and thus many of them complain that work only starts after curriculum hours. If you manage your time well, you can survive in teaching.