Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 07-07-2022 08:46 AM

EMS scholars and PSC scholars are emplaced immediately after NIE. Commitment varies depending on SL - may have specific assignments by SL and expectations to initiate level-wide or school-wide activities.

“High CEP” but not sure what is meant by high. Most generally go on to be KPs or SLs though I think this depends on your performance and not just based on the fact that your are on EMS. Case in point: there are people who graduate from FLP as SH or HOD.

Unregistered 07-07-2022 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 224716)
Hi all,
I’m interested to know more about the FLP. Can anyone who’s in FLP share how you were invited to join FLP? (Possibly also what was your age, substantive grade and what commitments you were undertaking around the time you were emplaced to FLP)? My HOD briefly mentioned about FLP as he was a PSC scholar then, but not too sure about the inner workings about it.

How can I go about to increase my chances?

Previous comments already gave the details, but I'll just say that there is very little you can do to increase your chances. Your career trajectory is mostly already determined by the time you are out of BTship. Not that it can't change, but there are some things that are already 'hard coded', for example non-scholar vs normal scholar vs prestige scholar, educational qualifications, your first few years' performance grade and initial CEP reviews, etc.

It depends on whether your principal is receptive to such conversations but you can mention your aspirations to them, so that they can decide whether they want to help to increase your chances (by raising your CEP fast and furious, basically), and also help to beef up your CV with developmental opportunities within the school.

Unregistered 08-07-2022 01:01 AM

currently having an affair with a student mother.

Hope when the jc student turns 18 next month, can piak her with the mother together.

life as a teacher is so wonderful!

Unregistered 08-07-2022 08:51 PM

is the upcoming engagement survey completely anonymous like the climate survey in the past? or will your identity be traceable?

Unregistered 08-07-2022 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 224831)
is the upcoming engagement survey completely anonymous like the climate survey in the past? or will your identity be traceable?

It is 100% traceable, but whether the tracing is actually performed or not is anyone's guess.

They don't claim that the survey is entirely anonymous. They only promise that the data provided to SLs is aggregated and anonymised. The real risks.. are up to your own interpretation of the above.

Unregistered 08-07-2022 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 224785)
currently having an affair with a student mother.

Hope when the jc student turns 18 next month, can piak her with the mother together.

life as a teacher is so wonderful!

had similar experiences as you.

Unregistered 09-07-2022 10:13 AM

Resigning while on No Pay Leave

Hi all,

Has anyone resign while on No Pay leave? Is it possible? How is the process like?

Unregistered 09-07-2022 04:21 PM

Open Postings - Secondments

Hi everyone,

I'm currently considering applying for a secondment. Does anyone have knowledge to share on the following:

1) Does going on secondment (to non-education related agencies) affect your career progression within MOE negatively?
2) Is there a limit on the number of secondments you can go on during the course of your career?

Thank you!

Unregistered 09-07-2022 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 224880)
Hi everyone,

I'm currently considering applying for a secondment. Does anyone have knowledge to share on the following:

1) Does going on secondment (to non-education related agencies) affect your career progression within MOE negatively?
2) Is there a limit on the number of secondments you can go on during the course of your career?

Thank you!

2) you can only go for a maximum of 6 years secondment in your entire career in MOE

Unregistered 10-07-2022 02:44 AM

If you apply for a secondment to another ministry or stat board, how difficult is it to stay there permanently? Could you possibly switch over to MX scheme?