Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 11-07-2022 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 225026)
Nice...Able to briefly mention which field you went into? Haha

Private education, but holding a management and consultancy role (which is basically what middle managers in MOE schools do anyway).

Unregistered 11-07-2022 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 225046)
Private education, but holding a management and consultancy role (which is basically what middle managers in MOE schools do anyway).

wow, but is there still teaching involved? are the working hours similar to office hours?

Unregistered 11-07-2022 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 225085)
wow, but is there still teaching involved? are the working hours similar to office hours?

Mindchamps?

Unregistered 12-07-2022 08:22 AM

Will I get blacklisted if I choose to reject MOE'S offer of sending me to NIE?

Unregistered 12-07-2022 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 224996)
Private.

There were some decent lateral transfer options in the Civil Service, but being stuck two grades below my establishment grade (was GEO5 as a confirmed HOD then), it would mean that I map over to a similar subgrade in a different scheme. If I took on similar or higher responsibilities compared to a school HOD, then I would continue being underpaid in my new ministry for a few more years.

Jumping ship means I immediately get the pay that my responsibility level deserves.

Jumping ship also sends a message, good on you.

Unregistered 12-07-2022 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 225162)
Jumping ship also sends a message, good on you.

Nah, I don't think it sends any strong message to MOE. They can't wait to see more leave so they can achieve their downsizing goals. More resignations = more sighs of relief, until maybe some time in the future, after a mass exodus, somebody finally realises they need to step up recruitment again (and the vicious cycle continues).

Unregistered 12-07-2022 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 225187)
Nah, I don't think it sends any strong message to MOE. They can't wait to see more leave so they can achieve their downsizing goals. More resignations = more sighs of relief, until maybe some time in the future, after a mass exodus, somebody finally realises they need to step up recruitment again (and the vicious cycle continues).

What kind of retarded logic is that? I'm not teacher but my friends and family who are facing ever increasing workloads

Unregistered 12-07-2022 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 225203)
What kind of retarded logic is that? I'm not teacher but my friends and family who are facing ever increasing workloads

MOE has been trying to downsize the teaching force. As for the logic behind it, I am only an EO. I am not as clever as the ivory tower AOs that make the policy decisions that stupid people like I will never have the brain cells to fathom.

Unregistered 13-07-2022 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 225141)
Will I get blacklisted if I choose to reject MOE'S offer of sending me to NIE?

Yes you will be blacklisted.

Unregistered 13-07-2022 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 225211)
MOE has been trying to downsize the teaching force. As for the logic behind it, I am only an EO. I am not as clever as the ivory tower AOs that make the policy decisions that stupid people like I will never have the brain cells to fathom.

gg downfall of rome coming soon
which country to move to next


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 02:25 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2