Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 28-06-2022 05:24 PM

So full timers still need to submit timesheet?! *facepalm* so mafan one thought full timer don’t need

Unregistered 28-06-2022 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 223347)
To be fair and to answer to your sarcasm, a KP should definitely step down IF teaching and management abilities are not up to standard. I am willing to do so if I know that I am not performing up to expectations. This also conforms to how the private sector is like - true meritocracy.

And to add on, looking at the other side of the coin, I will also definitely not want capable KPs or SLs to step down. I have seen some teams (I myself as part of a team as well) working so productively and happily under competent leaders before. When an experienced, capable leader leaves, the whole team ends up suffering or underperforming.

Unfortunately, I have not met many of such capable leaders. Most of the capable ones I know have left or resigned. Many incompetent ones are still around.

As an ex teacher, I just want to encourage any teachers reading this post to seriously consider resigning. I’m much happier now than when I was a teacher. A large part is not having to deal with the SLs and SMC. I agree fully with above. The system is such that there will always be SLs and KPs who are totally incompetent and hence even more insecure and try to feel secure by trying to step on or put down officers, and engage in politics to make themselves feel secure. They will also be the ones that will stay as they can’t get a job anywhere else. HQ will not be able to solve the problem that they contributed to. I strongly encourage younger teachers to resign as soon as you can. There is a whole world out there. Any other job is better as it won’t be plagued by this issue that can’t be resolved.

Unregistered 28-06-2022 10:15 PM

hi im getting very tired, work such hours and only geo2. can any others who have switched to Flexi advise how the rate is and how feasble is it to do tuition after hours as Flexi.

Unregistered 29-06-2022 12:00 AM

Why do HODs get demoted to normal teachers, esp when they are old?

Unregistered 29-06-2022 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 223741)

Leadership renewal and to open up opportunities for younger leaders to step up.

Unregistered 29-06-2022 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 223741)

I have never witnessed this before though. Were they forced to?

Unregistered 29-06-2022 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 223834)
I have never witnessed this before though. Were they forced to?

I doubt they are forcibly demoted, but either voluntarily stepped down to focus more on personal well-being and family, or, encouraged by P to step down to refresh leadership in the respective portfolio.

Unregistered 29-06-2022 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 223734)
hi im getting very tired, work such hours and only geo2. can any others who have switched to Flexi advise how the rate is and how feasble is it to do tuition after hours as Flexi.

I believe you meant Flexi adjunct? paid by per hr to a max amt a day, follow your last drawn pay (geo2 in this case) and no bonus no promotion no increment etc, can fire you easily by not renewing your contract.

Not too sure about tuition but going adjunct usually is not good deal until you geo5

Unregistered 30-06-2022 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 223869)
I believe you meant Flexi adjunct? paid by per hr to a max amt a day, follow your last drawn pay (geo2 in this case) and no bonus no promotion no increment etc, can fire you easily by not renewing your contract.

Not too sure about tuition but going adjunct usually is not good deal until you geo5

Any idea about contract adjunct?

Unregistered 30-06-2022 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 223869)

Agree but the problem nowadays is that it can take 10 years or more to hit geo5 if your CEP is at geo5. If one is to explore the possibility of leaving the MOE system, the earlier they leave the better.