Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 25-06-2022 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 223297)
So next time when you're appointed KP and held the same appointment for decades, don't complain when you're asked to step down since you're expecting Gen X KPs to be tenured.

Holding the same appointment for decades is just a dumb idea and SLs that allow this are also one kind.. unless you really go upgrade yourself every few years and come back to freshen up your leadership and management style. But who practically does that?

Unregistered 25-06-2022 01:27 AM

shoot inside my jc student yesterday. gave her morning after pills she don't want take. super worried how?

Unregistered 25-06-2022 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 223258)
You're still talking about the minority of teachers though. Why write policy with reference to the bottom of the barrel? How about the vast majority of teachers who are decent teachers or better, but maybe don't have insane classroom management talents and/or have a lot of students in a large class who need more personalised attention in order to flourish?

This type of classroom scenario is becoming increasingly common, what more with the wider rollout of FSBB and the encouragement of students with mild SEN to study in mainstream schools.

Classroom management skills is #1 priority before curriculum teaching. A good teacher is able to design a lesson that caters to all needs. Highly recommend “Five Moore Minutes” video series on how to do so.

Unregistered 25-06-2022 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 223208)
What kind of privileges?

2 words: CONNECT PLAN

Unregistered 25-06-2022 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 223297)
So next time when you're appointed KP and held the same appointment for decades, don't complain when you're asked to step down since you're expecting Gen X KPs to be tenured.

To be fair and to answer to your sarcasm, a KP should definitely step down IF teaching and management abilities are not up to standard. I am willing to do so if I know that I am not performing up to expectations. This also conforms to how the private sector is like - true meritocracy.

And to add on, looking at the other side of the coin, I will also definitely not want capable KPs or SLs to step down. I have seen some teams (I myself as part of a team as well) working so productively and happily under competent leaders before. When an experienced, capable leader leaves, the whole team ends up suffering or underperforming.

Unfortunately, I have not met many of such capable leaders. Most of the capable ones I know have left or resigned. Many incompetent ones are still around.

Unregistered 25-06-2022 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 223331)
Classroom management skills is #1 priority before curriculum teaching. A good teacher is able to design a lesson that caters to all needs. Highly recommend “Five Moore Minutes” video series on how to do so.

Of course it is. Although there are a good number of modern Singaporean classrooms where the learner profiles are so diverse. In some single stream schools you may have to support the needs of some of the top students in the cohort and also DSA students who need more time and also SEN students who need more personalised attention.. all within the same class. Can teachers do it? Yes of course, there are many colleagues right now who are doing their best to adapt and are achieving some level of success. But can the system be improved? YES. Cutting class sizes for such class profiles is going to be immensely beneficial. Like mentioned, as FSBB rolls into more schools, these profiles are going to be more and more common.

Unregistered 27-06-2022 05:08 PM

Am I the only one who doesn't understand what the email regarding salary revision is about? So raise by how much huh?

Unregistered 27-06-2022 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 223585)
Am I the only one who doesn't understand what the email regarding salary revision is about? So raise by how much huh?

No salary revision for EOs yet.

Unregistered 27-06-2022 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 223585)

Raised by zero.

Unregistered 28-06-2022 03:27 PM

Hi,

Has anyone gone for CDD recently? Can share what questions were asked?