Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 12-04-2022 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213693)
Hi, may i know what is the process/requirements to become a subject head? How many years of experience are required?

To be formally appointed, need to be GEO4 + CEP needs to have been raised at least once.

Your school (or the one you are interviewing at during Open Posting) will also need to be reasonably confident of your ability to take on the portfolio, so you'd ideally need to have demonstrated clear ability / potential in that regard.

Unregistered 13-04-2022 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213692)
My previous experience was that my merit increment following the year of (Oct) promotion would be quite miniscule. VP explained that it was because part of the increment is already applied in the Oct promotion, so MI the following year is smaller.

Can't really verify that, but it's fit my general increment history (and your recent one too, apparently).

Very helpful. Really appreciate the sharing of your experience.
Miniscule is right but I guess, its better than nothing.

Hoping all our increments return back to normal soon.

Unregistered 13-04-2022 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213710)
To be formally appointed, need to be GEO4 + CEP needs to have been raised at least once.

Your school (or the one you are interviewing at during Open Posting) will also need to be reasonably confident of your ability to take on the portfolio, so you'd ideally need to have demonstrated clear ability / potential in that regard.

Would another school know our CEP? E.g. If currently not holding a portfolio and applying for an SH position in that school.

Unregistered 13-04-2022 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213745)
Would another school know our CEP? E.g. If currently not holding a portfolio and applying for an SH position in that school.

yes that would be made available

Unregistered 13-04-2022 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213745)

Yes, your qualifications, performance over the years & your CEP will all be available

Unregistered 13-04-2022 12:14 PM

Possible to apply for SH position in another school if you meet the substantive grade and CEP requirement. Know a colleague who did that.

Unregistered 13-04-2022 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213762)
Possible to apply for SH position in another school if you meet the substantive grade and CEP requirement. Know a colleague who did that.

Yes, definitely. You could discuss with your current RO your intention if you are thinking of applying of Open Posting. At least through conversation, you will know whether your CEP is up to that level or not

Unregistered 13-04-2022 06:36 PM

Who would be in the panel to raise your CEP? Does it include all the KPs or only a selected team?

Unregistered 13-04-2022 09:32 PM

Hi May I check how P and ranking team can determine or escalates our promotion?

Unregistered 13-04-2022 10:10 PM

I was reading the previous pages and agree that this year’s MI seems lower than usual. Or is it just the few of us facing this. Lol.