Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 11-05-2022 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinkermaster (Post 217478)
I thought MOE just finished the SEO2/Superscale Ceremony. I think SEO1 and and GEO ceremony is at the discretion of the school. Actually no one really bothers, and the Principal usually call the GEO/SEO1 promotees into the office and hand them the certificate.

promo still got letter?

Tinkermaster 11-05-2022 06:43 PM

FHQ is a highly selective process. Usually these are high performing teachers which have been identified and nominated by Principal to HQ. Scholars are also in this group and they have already been identified by HQ and tracked. But it also depends on the performance of these scholars whilst they are in schools, scholars who are doing well (A/Bs) will be informed on FHQ posting about 2 years down the road. Usually, HQ will want them to have a HQ experience after 3 years in school. On the other hand, those who didnt do as well, will either have no FHQ or FHQ delayed. Likewise as farmers, you also get a chance if your P identified and nominate you. This nomination usually is carried out once a year. If you are in FHQ, usually you are tracked, and HQ will try their best to allocate you a KP position (provided you are consistent in good performance whilst in HQ). At the end of the 3 year stint, I have heard Principals receive calls from HQ to ask whether they need certain officers of certain profiles for their KP positions.

Unregistered 11-05-2022 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinkermaster (Post 217481)
FHQ is a highly selective process. Usually these are high performing teachers which have been identified and nominated by Principal to HQ. Scholars are also in this group and they have already been identified by HQ and tracked. But it also depends on the performance of these scholars whilst they are in schools, scholars who are doing well (A/Bs) will be informed on FHQ posting about 2 years down the road. Usually, HQ will want them to have a HQ experience after 3 years in school. On the other hand, those who didnt do as well, will either have no FHQ or FHQ delayed. Likewise as farmers, you also get a chance if your P identified and nominate you. This nomination usually is carried out once a year. If you are in FHQ, usually you are tracked, and HQ will try their best to allocate you a KP position (provided you are consistent in good performance whilst in HQ). At the end of the 3 year stint, I have heard Principals receive calls from HQ to ask whether they need certain officers of certain profiles for their KP positions.

Thank you for the reply, appreciate it. I am already at KP hod with consistent good performance. Wondering if I should check in with my principal regarding FHQ or go for open posting.

Unregistered 12-05-2022 12:26 AM

i am a guy and my student show me her menses pad with blood today. kids nowadays

Unregistered 12-05-2022 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 217521)
Thank you for the reply, appreciate it. I am already at KP hod with consistent good performance. Wondering if I should check in with my principal regarding FHQ or go for open posting.

I'm under the impression that FHQ interviews happen before the Open Posting process - so if you've heard nothing by the time the ads are up, it should be safe to go ahead and apply?

(Might want a second opinion on this; I don't really know firsthand about FHQ.)

Unregistered 12-05-2022 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 217521)

FHQ exercise for entry to HQ in Jan 2023 is already in progress. The info session was held this January, and HR is currently performing the posting allocations centrally.

If you want to enter HQ in Jan 2023, you should try for a position in Open Posting.

Btw, it's also loosely understood that FHQ requires you to not only be at a certain CEP, but also below a certain age. This is just hearsay, not verified with any inside source though.

Unregistered 13-05-2022 10:51 PM

How high is one’s chance to get a kp position from open posting if he or she can’t get kp from eps? If this person already geo5 n unlikely to go beyond seo1 is it worth it to go for kp?

Unregistered 13-05-2022 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 217758)
How high is one’s chance to get a kp position from open posting if he or she can’t get kp from eps? If this person already geo5 n unlikely to go beyond seo1 is it worth it to go for kp?

If you are trying to get KP roles in sec/JC, the chance is about as slim. You want to improve chances, opt for cross deployment to Pri. Still very bottlenecky, tons of people vying for each position, but not as bad as sec/jc.

As for "worth" or not, no comment.

Unregistered 13-05-2022 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 217762)
If you are trying to get KP roles in sec/JC, the chance is about as slim. You want to improve chances, opt for cross deployment to Pri. Still very bottlenecky, tons of people vying for each position, but not as bad as sec/jc.

As for "worth" or not, no comment.

Notice the difference in max pay is 400 plus only which is nothing much but the perks which come with it maybe different in different school I guess?

Unregistered2323 14-05-2022 10:25 AM

salary comparison

hi all

i completed NS, FCH, graduated NIE in Jan 2014. just promoted GEO5, drawing gross of about $6.8k. how do i compare with others?