Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 14-04-2022 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213815)
Who would be in the panel to raise your CEP? Does it include all the KPs or only a selected team?

All KPs, usually initiated by your RO or SLs.

Unregistered 14-04-2022 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213829)
Hi May I check how P and ranking team can determine or escalates our promotion?

Promotion is not determined by ranking panel. The only way they can escalate it is endorsing an excellent performance grade or review your cep upwards.

Unregistered 14-04-2022 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213829)
Hi May I check how P and ranking team can determine or escalates our promotion?

They don't. It's been said tens of times in as many pages on this thread. HR reserves the exclusive right to decide on promotions.

Unregistered 14-04-2022 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213437)
Quite good already. With just diploma and you go to other parts of civil service or private sector, you won't be commanding equivalent pay - I guess you probably have close to $4k now? Diploma holders cannot ultimately compare with degree holders in MOE, but should rate themselves with their counterparts elsewhere.

At GEO 3 now, starting with 3.5 🤣

Unregistered 14-04-2022 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213951)
At GEO 3 now, starting with 3.5 🤣

How many years in service?

Unregistered 15-04-2022 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213959)
How many years in service?

Still a diploma holder, about 6 years now

Unregistered 15-04-2022 02:31 PM

Am increasingly toying with the idea of leaving the service at the end of the year.... but my degree is BA in education (majored in EL). I'm afraid that other than going into private tuition, there wouldn't be much opportunities elsewhere as my degree is so specific. Anyone has any advice or knows of other industries who are accepting of the experience that teachers have?

Unregistered 15-04-2022 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 214023)
Am increasingly toying with the idea of leaving the service at the end of the year.... but my degree is BA in education (majored in EL). I'm afraid that other than going into private tuition, there wouldn't be much opportunities elsewhere as my degree is so specific. Anyone has any advice or knows of other industries who are accepting of the experience that teachers have?

Consider going to independent schools? Pay is higher with lower work load as well from what I heard from my friends. Anyway, English seems to be a high demand subject

Unregistered 15-04-2022 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 214023)

That's the reason why I don't think I will quit. Most likely, I will not be able to fetch the same pay as I do now.

Ever consider applying open posting? To HQ? Or other internal position under civil service? At least the pay could match

Unregistered 15-04-2022 10:12 PM

Gd to know im nt alone in wanting to quit too
dis job is fxxkin w my mental health