Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 27-11-2021 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 191655)
will the officer get year end bonus if she/he is resigning at end of the year aka 31dec?

Never get, last day of work must be on or after 31 Jan 2022 if not wrong.

Unregistered 27-11-2021 07:36 AM

Hi, does anyone know what opportunities there are for MOE teachers to go overseas either for a a teaching stint or studies. Iím hoping to do it for a season but am unsure what opportunities are there. Thanks!

Unregistered 27-11-2021 03:16 PM

Some MOE options:

Overseas teaching: During Open Posting, look out for vacancies in Singapore International School (HK). I've also seen other secondment opportunities, but those are usually very specific (e.g. Chinese teacher to tutor overseas military families).

Studies: Look up HR intranet for professional development packages. It's mainly the post-graduate scholarship (which is incredibly competitive), or professional development leave.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 191705)
Hi, does anyone know what opportunities there are for MOE teachers to go overseas either for a a teaching stint or studies. Iím hoping to do it for a season but am unsure what opportunities are there. Thanks!

Unregistered 27-11-2021 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 191681)
GEO 1.1 (joined in June)
GEO 1.1
GEO 1A1 $42xx (B 2.25) [batch promo]
GEO 1A1/3 $43xx -> $45xx wef Oct (C+ 2.2)
GEO 4 $50xx (B 2.4) [promo] [Connect Plan Y4 payout]
GEO 4 $52xx (C 1.5)
GEO 4 $54xx (C 1.5)
GEO 4 $56xx (C+ 2) [NPL] [Connect Plan Y7 payout]
GEO 4 $57xx (C 1.5)
GEO 4 ST $58xx (B 2.6)

previously someone posted this.
I am GEO4 55xx - SH posting year 1
is that low ? how to increase salary faster ? 5yr teaching and 3 yr HQ already

Wa I am a GEO3 with 3 years of trained practice with a salary of $50XX alr. Why is your salary relatively low despite your longer position/years in service?

Unregistered 27-11-2021 10:58 PM

Thank you for your reply. I have heard from my P also that the post graduate scholarships are competitive too. Any insight as to why? And what they are looking out for?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 191732)
Some MOE options:

Overseas teaching: During Open Posting, look out for vacancies in Singapore International School (HK). I've also seen other secondment opportunities, but those are usually very specific (e.g. Chinese teacher to tutor overseas military families).

Studies: Look up HR intranet for professional development packages. It's mainly the post-graduate scholarship (which is incredibly competitive), or professional development leave.

Unregistered 28-11-2021 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 191748)
Wa I am a GEO3 with 3 years of trained practice with a salary of $50XX alr. Why is your salary relatively low despite your longer position/years in service?

inflation and fresh grad now starting with high base salary bro

Unregistered 28-11-2021 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 191748)

Happy for you.

Lets all just be grateful that we are still employed, still have our health and able to put food on the table.

yes, money makes the world go round but unfortunately, reach ceiling everyone forced to hentak kaki. btw, GEO 3 to 4 will take years unless u really perform and keep on doing bigger things.

I really salute all the senior teachers, despite everything, they continue on teaching despite all the things beyond their control.

Unregistered 28-11-2021 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 191782)
Happy for you.

Lets all just be grateful that we are still employed, still have our health and able to put food on the table.

yes, money makes the world go round but unfortunately, reach ceiling everyone forced to hentak kaki. btw, GEO 3 to 4 will take years unless u really perform and keep on doing bigger things.

I really salute all the senior teachers, despite everything, they continue on teaching despite all the things beyond their control.

Including all the bonuses, I would say teaching service pays pretty decently. Not forgetting better job security too.

Unregistered 28-11-2021 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 191802)
Including all the bonuses, I would say teaching service pays pretty decently. Not forgetting better job security too.

By this argument, then the rest of the public service is better already :)

Unregistered 28-11-2021 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 191782)
Happy for you.

If geo3 to geo4 takes years, then we are basically getting something close to our starting salary for years (with some adjustment for inflation). Teachers deserve better.