Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 15-02-2022 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 203057)
Can I know the rough quantum for different GEO officers?

Same quantum across the board for all GEO. Here are the ranges I'd noted some time back:
A 2.65-3.3
B 2.15-2.6
C+ 1.5-2.1
C 1.2-1.45
C- 0.5-0.95
D 0

Unregistered 16-02-2022 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 203088)
Yes I'm aware it won't affect ranking from last year which is already determined. But will it help with my ranking this year for being nominated by my school? Actually it's a lot of work to prepare and document everything on top of the usual school load..

TBH, like others have mentioned, you can always reject it. I mean…. If you find documenting and reflecting on your craft to be too much of a thing, and see this kinda awards w such a utilitarian lens (for pb/ranking) do you really think this is the inspiring teacher their searchin for? Just some food for thought. Sorry for being blunt.

Unregistered 16-02-2022 05:22 AM

s://.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/public-service-singapore-pandemic-quit-2499091

Wonder if it’s also same with MOE, eg at the sch middle management level?

Unregistered 16-02-2022 07:49 AM

Pay scale

Hi, may I know where we can view the pay scale for each grade? Thank you!!

Unregistered 16-02-2022 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 203142)
Hi, may I know where we can view the pay scale for each grade? Thank you!!

It's been shared before somewhere in this thread. I usually google something like 'geo4 seo1 salary sg forum' to find it.

Unregistered 16-02-2022 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 203137)
s://.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/public-service-singapore-pandemic-quit-2499091

Wonder if it’s also same with MOE, eg at the sch middle management level?

Due to the declining student intake and schools mergers, MOE is more than happy for teachers to quit on their own.

DepressedFreshie 16-02-2022 06:59 PM

Advice for Depressed Fresh Grad (GEO 2)

I am NIE fresh grad honours distinction recently posted to a missionary school. I’m still adjusting to the school culture, quite depressing to come to work every morning where the teachers here are not as friendly compared to my practicum neighbourhood schools. So as usual I get blank stares or with no response at all upon a friendly greeting saying Hi, Good Morning or Thank You.

As a BT, I work closely with one particular teacher from my department (whom I will be replacing as she’s leaving). Whenever I ask her questions she often speaks to me in a loud, condescending tone in the staff room, especially with her passive aggressive behaviour. She is constantly rude to me like she speaks to her P5 or P6 pupils. She often threatened me l as though its the end of the world whenever I made mistakes or things that I didn’t know or rather didn’t ask.

Really in need of advice what are the things I should really take note of especially knowing that I will be taking over all her classes at the same time knowing she’s not helping at all for the transition. I really want to help my students to do well despite very minimal resources which I just started building.

Apologies if I’m rambling. Really depressed thinking how to survive my first year.

Thank you to whoever is reading out there.

Unregistered 16-02-2022 07:47 PM

Hi, just asking. Has anyone been shortlisted for an interview for diploma in education programme?

DepressedFreshie 16-02-2022 09:26 PM

Advice for NIE Fresh Grad (GEO 2)

I am NIE fresh grad honours distinction recently posted to a missionary school. I’m still adjusting to the school culture, quite depressing to come to work every morning where the teachers here are not as friendly compared to my practicum neighbourhood schools. So as usual I get blank stares or with no response at all upon a friendly greeting saying Hi, Good Morning or Thank You.

As a BT, I work closely with one particular teacher from my department (whom I will be replacing as she’s leaving). Whenever I ask her questions she often speaks to me in a loud, condescending tone in the staff room, especially with her passive aggressive behaviour. She is constantly rude to me like she speaks to her P5 or P6 pupils. She often threatened me l as though its the end of the world whenever I made mistakes or things that I didn’t know or rather didn’t ask.

Really in need of advice what are the things I should really take note of especially knowing that I will be taking over all her classes at the same time knowing she’s not helping at all for the transition. I really want to help my students to do well despite very minimal resources which I just started building.

Apologies if I’m rambling. Really depressed thinking how to survive my first year.

Unregistered 16-02-2022 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DepressedFreshie (Post 203286)

Hi! You will be fine, it will be a steep learning curve for you but it will be also be a very meaningful experience! Note how the current teacher set routines and how the teacher manages the classroom as you will have to manage the students. Good to start building some TSR. Check with your colleagues if there are existing resources that you can tap on. Do not be afraid to ask or make mistakes. All the best!