Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 13-02-2022 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 202842)
Hi, i am a fresh grad teacher. I would like to ask how teachers are selected for Facilitated Hq posting? Do principals recommend? I’m not a scholar just a normal teacher. Thank you

Yup

10charsss

Unregistered 14-02-2022 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 202707)
OYEA is an award for the young teachers anyway, hence winning the award would likely mean the young officer is likely to have high cep. Otherwise he or she won’t even be put up for the award in the first place.

Disagree with your last sentence. Being nominated by school for oyea does not mean that the person has high cep. I am a KP and I know the cep of those individuals. Generally they top the appraisal basket and have more contributions compared to the others. Beyond that, they might or might not be the next in line for appointment. That’s about it.

I’ve been nominated different awards but still, I exist as a farmer.

Unregistered 14-02-2022 06:51 PM

Is OYEA or PAT only meant for scholars?

Unregistered 14-02-2022 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 202967)
Is OYEA or PAT only meant for scholars?

How so? Official details can easily be found via Google (on AST's website).

Unregistered 15-02-2022 05:12 AM

As in - are those who win the awards usually the scholars?

Unregistered 15-02-2022 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 202842)
Hi, i am a fresh grad teacher. I would like to ask how teachers are selected for Facilitated Hq posting? Do principals recommend? I’m not a scholar just a normal teacher. Thank you

FHQ is centrally managed by HR, and the understanding is that officers below a certain age and above a certain CEP threshold will be nominated by HR. When this happens, HR will reach out to Principals to obtain some information about the officer and for his/her recommendation to proceed.

FHQ can also be triggered by certain scholar status, for example PSC scholars are usually called after 2 years in school, EMS and TS(O) after 3 to 4 years, TS(L) after 4 to 6 years as a general trend (not a rule).

Unregistered 15-02-2022 04:16 PM

Quantum for GEO

Can I know the rough quantum for different GEO officers?

Unregistered 15-02-2022 05:11 PM

Quantum for performance bonus

Can anyone share the rough quantum of performance bonus for diff GEO? Thanks

Unregistered 15-02-2022 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 202613)
Nope. OYEA was for last year’s work and nomination period is after ranking exercise closes.
Only if you win, then you will be put up for Facilitated HQ postings.

Yes I'm aware it won't affect ranking from last year which is already determined. But will it help with my ranking this year for being nominated by my school? Actually it's a lot of work to prepare and document everything on top of the usual school load..

Unregistered 15-02-2022 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 203088)
Yes I'm aware it won't affect ranking from last year which is already determined. But will it help with my ranking this year for being nominated by my school? Actually it's a lot of work to prepare and document everything on top of the usual school load..

Some ROs will just mention that the JH is nominated for OYEA, that’s about it. Ultimately, appraisal is based on current work year’s contribution. Preparing for the write-up and documenting the evidence are the bare minimal one has to do after being nominated for the award. It is an affirmation and you should be happy that you are going through it. The process will also help you reflect on what you have done as a teacher. If you find that a chore, then turn down the offer. What do you expect the panel to assess you on without the paper work? How handsome or pretty you are?