Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 11-02-2022 03:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 202221)
indeed together with many who go for perks like seeing their students zao geng or dating their students

Girls school is always a pleasure to teach in for make teachers.

Unregistered 11-02-2022 12:06 PM

Do teachers have a choice of which schools they're posted to?

Unregistered 11-02-2022 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 202474)
Do teachers have a choice of which schools they're posted to?

you stay in pasir ris, you can get sent to jurong west

Unregistered 11-02-2022 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 202476)
you stay in pasir ris, you can get sent to jurong west

i stay in jurong and was sent to pula ubin

Unregistered 11-02-2022 09:47 PM

I was told by my P in Jan that I was being nominated by the school for OYEA. Its probably impossibly hard to win, but will this help in ranking?

Unregistered 11-02-2022 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 202591)
I was told by my P in Jan that I was being nominated by the school for OYEA. Its probably impossibly hard to win, but will this help in ranking?

no if doesnt

Unregistered 12-02-2022 07:59 AM

Nope. OYEA was for last year’s work and nomination period is after ranking exercise closes.
Only if you win, then you will be put up for Facilitated HQ postings.

Unregistered 12-02-2022 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 202613)
Only if you win, then you will be put up for Facilitated HQ postings.

There's no direct relationship between winning OYEA and getting FHQ, although it tends to be correlated because officers that are good enough to actually win OYEA will have strong endorsement from their SLs and likely have a higher CEP due to that. High CEP (+young enough age) = FHQ

Unregistered 12-02-2022 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 202632)
There's no direct relationship between winning OYEA and getting FHQ, although it tends to be correlated because officers that are good enough to actually win OYEA will have strong endorsement from their SLs and likely have a higher CEP due to that. High CEP (+young enough age) = FHQ

OYEA is an award for the young teachers anyway, hence winning the award would likely mean the young officer is likely to have high cep. Otherwise he or she won’t even be put up for the award in the first place.

Unregistered 13-02-2022 09:10 PM

Fhq

Hi, i am a fresh grad teacher. I would like to ask how teachers are selected for Facilitated Hq posting? Do principals recommend? I’m not a scholar just a normal teacher. Thank you