Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 31-03-2022 06:28 AM

Would the salary ceiling be revised for GEO3/4 now that there are more people who have reached the ceiling but not promoted?

Unregistered 31-03-2022 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 211358)
Would the salary ceiling be revised for GEO3/4 now that there are more people who have reached the ceiling but not promoted?

Not sure who you expect on this anonymous forum to answer this.

If you're trying to make a suggestion, maybe can try sending to HR instead? 🤪

Unregistered 31-03-2022 07:01 AM

Possible to be seconded to another dept during open posting?
Anyone tried before?

Unregistered 31-03-2022 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 210893)
Promotion is quite a myth. Many say it is based on CEP but from my observation, that is not quite true either.

I agree. Is it determined by P and then HQ approves or the other way round?

Unregistered 31-03-2022 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 211308)
Can anyone share the years in service for an average person to reach geo 5?

e.g male with NS, female. Deg, Dip. farmer

male with NS deg=???
male with NS dip=???

female deg=???
female dip=???

Farmer KP or farmer teacher? That makes a big difference.
I’m a KP, with A and B grades. Took me 7 years to reach GEO 5.

Unregistered 31-03-2022 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 211364)
I agree. Is it determined by P and then HQ approves or the other way round?

The answer is repeated at least 3 times in the last 10 pages or so of this thread.. why not search before asking repeated questions? HR will initiate the process, and consult P for a recommendation.

Ever heard this? "CEP determines how quickly you could be promoted, but performance determines whether you are actually promoted at each juncture"

So HR will use their magic mysterious ultra secret formula to determine how often they flag you for promotion. We don't know what the formula is, but we know it's somewhat related to CEP. When they do flag you for promotion, they will ask for your P to write a recommendation. At this stage, P can either recommend, or not recommend (with justification based on your performance).

Unregistered 31-03-2022 09:31 AM

Supposedly the higher ups mentioned that CEP not going to be so decisive in progression(can’t remember whether it was CCS or LW) Then suddenly no new or very quiet. Anyone knows whether it’s in action in reality or just lip service?

Unregistered 31-03-2022 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 211383)
Supposedly the higher ups mentioned that CEP not going to be so decisive in progression(can’t remember whether it was CCS or LW) Then suddenly no new or very quiet. Anyone knows whether it’s in action in reality or just lip service?

It was mentioned by a political officer holder before, but there have been no further developments made known to the larger service (or Reporting Officers, for that matter) since then.

Unregistered 31-03-2022 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 211383)

CEP is still actively used for promotions, sponsorships, etc.....................

Unregistered 31-03-2022 01:06 PM

When one is promoted, does ones cep gets adjusted at the same time? Is there a difference between salary scale promotion and appointment to kp (also a promotion)?