Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 08-10-2021 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 185654)
Hello, I am new to this forum.

Just out of curiosity, for those who have been under contract teaching, do you get any PB or increment before heading to NIE? TIA.

Both no. U will get increment after NIE. You will get PB only if u are ranked for the work done for the year, but probably default grade in your first yr in school.

Unregistered 08-10-2021 08:00 PM

Hello, how soon can one get invited for facilitated hq posting? 2 years in service? 3? 4?

When will the invitation be given out? Start or end of year?

Unregistered 08-10-2021 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 185699)
Hello, how soon can one get invited for facilitated hq posting? 2 years in service? 3? 4?

When will the invitation be given out? Start or end of year?

Are you a scholar?
Are you a top performer?
If you are, you’ll be asked to go.

If not, just apply on your own.

Unregistered 08-10-2021 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 185701)
Are you a scholar?
Are you a top performer?
If you are, you’ll be asked to go.

If not, just apply on your own.

Just a lowly TSL...but I've been told recently my CEP had been raised to that of a HOD. have been perfoming above average too.

Unregistered 08-10-2021 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 185707)
Just a lowly TSL...but I've been told recently my CEP had been raised to that of a HOD. have been perfoming above average too.

Be prepared to wait for 4-7 years (based on observation) if you want the fhq route as a local sch.. Suggest you just apply on your own if u r really keen on the hq posting. Lowly scholars wait longer than the higher tier scholars who get in faster. At the end of the day, both still do the same hq job :)

Unregistered 09-10-2021 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 185624)
From 2021, C- also means no connect plan deposit for that year.

Read the circular properly. Previously, a minimum of D is needed to get connect plan deposit. From 2021, it’s a minimum of C-

Unregistered 09-10-2021 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 185283)
Anyone knows of a whistle-blowing platform for MOE staff? Desperate and frustrated staff here

Just curious, what is the matter generally about? Workplace bullying?

Unregistered 09-10-2021 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 185447)
Just curious about the ranking process… anyone wouldn’t mind sharing their experience ranking staff? Always wondered what it’s like? I imagine that there will be different KPs speaking up for the teacher and sometime there will be disagreements. Is it like that? Haha.

Also to add on for ranking...are the YHs involved?

When will the performance grade for each officer be finalised? Meaning it has been submitted and even SLs can't change it anymore?

Unregistered 09-10-2021 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 185752)
Just curious, what is the matter generally about? Workplace bullying?

Said person's gross misconduct that brings the profession into disrepute, on top of sheer incompetence. Situation is complicated and in-house management has already been alerted, but nothing seems to have changed, with no action taken, to the point where one fears if matter has just been swept under the carpet to avoid more controversy. Honestly wondering if things will actually be dealt with more swiftly and properly once exposed e.g. reported in the media.

Unregistered 09-10-2021 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 185762)
Said person's gross misconduct that brings the profession into disrepute, on top of sheer incompetence. Situation is complicated and in-house management has already been alerted, but nothing seems to have changed, with no action taken, to the point where one fears if matter has just been swept under the carpet to avoid more controversy. Honestly wondering if things will actually be dealt with more swiftly and properly once exposed e.g. reported in the media.

Mmm. Sounds serious.