Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 16-07-2021 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 177879)
How old is the minimum age?

There's no official age guideline or age requirement. However, the 'gatekeeping' is done these days by slowing down promotions, especially geo3 to geo4 which they really seem to have put the brakes on, hard. It used to be rare to see people who were genuinely interested in taking up greater responsibilities stuck at geo1A1 (geo3) for more than 3 or 4 years, but nowadays it's common to see early/mid-30s geo3s still waiting and waiting.

Unregistered 16-07-2021 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 177920)
Having excess supply of teachers? But MOE was still recruiting fresh grads in June for teaching positions.

Don’t they recruit every year? It’s part of the hiring cycle. I think the number of successful applicants has gone down in recent years.

Unregistered 16-07-2021 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 176703)
Also, need to note that to go to HQ, you will need P7 CEP. Of course you wont know what your CEP is. But you can try.

Hello! I got offered a position at HQ. But was wondering if it really means that my CEP is beyond GEO 5? Or is this a fallacy? Thank you

Unregistered 17-07-2021 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 177936)
Hello! I got offered a position at HQ. But was wondering if it really means that my CEP is beyond GEO 5? Or is this a fallacy? Thank you

Truth be told, being accepted for a position in HQ does not equate to a CEP higher than GEO5. There are HQ officers who end up not being invited for the enhanced posting exercise.

Unregistered 17-07-2021 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 177975)
Truth be told, being accepted for a position in HQ does not equate to a CEP higher than GEO5. There are HQ officers who end up not being invited for the enhanced posting exercise.

Could be because they are GEO3 since you need to be GEO4 to take up a KP position. Or do u know GEO4s who do not get invited for enhanced posting?

Unregistered 17-07-2021 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 177977)
Could be because they are GEO3 since you need to be GEO4 to take up a KP position. Or do u know GEO4s who do not get invited for enhanced posting?

Why would geo4 not be invited?

But invited or not, whether one can actually secure a posting during Enhanced is another question. Sometimes they fail to do so and will have to try again at Open/Closed posting exercises.

Unregistered 18-07-2021 12:56 AM

Quote:

What do you think? :)

Unregistered 18-07-2021 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 177992)
What do you think? :)

Hmm why a question to reply to a question? I already stated what I thought. Are there any GEO4 officers that don’t get invited to enhanced posting? I’m not aware.

Unregistered 18-07-2021 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 177982)
Why would geo4 not be invited?

But invited or not, whether one can actually secure a posting during Enhanced is another question. Sometimes they fail to do so and will have to try again at Open/Closed posting exercises.

Yea. And honestly, sometimes there are more options at OPE

Unregistered 18-07-2021 02:12 PM

Quote:

Sorry! am the OP to the HQ posting question but what is enhanced posting? 😅