Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 02-07-2023 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 251262)
Why are there 2 values for each gender?

3rd class and 2nd lower/2nd upper and 1st class

Unregistered 02-07-2023 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 251228)
16 yrs, female, Dip Ed, emplacement to degree during 8th year, GEO 4, 6k

Oh wow..... the 8 yrs after emplacement didn't help much..... the lesson here is never apply for teaching if you don't have a degree

Unregistered 02-07-2023 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 251264)
didn't include the NS 2 years.
8 years from the point of being posted to first school after PGDE.
promotion appeal through HRP - but withdrawn after internal meeting with SL saying that haven't hit time norm. totally not convinced.
the revision raised my capped geo3 salary from old ceiling to new ceiling. lol

Yeah, not hitting time norm is BS. Clearly, hitting the ceiling is a sign that a person has exceeded the time norm, since people generally should have salary progression in their career, especially in the early stages.

Unregistered 02-07-2023 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 251266)
Oh wow..... the 8 yrs after emplacement didn't help much..... the lesson here is never apply for teaching if you don't have a degree

This is the unspoken rule. Last time the gap between degree and dip is worse. Almost 2 times

Another unspoken is the university matters also. Even if u go SIM or SUSS or what, u emplace le also the pay got gap. Because it is less rigor so less recognised.

I think Civil Service across all ministries all like that de. Quite standard practice.

Unregistered 02-07-2023 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 251257)
PGDE female here, officially grad and posted to school 2018. Starting salary was 3.6k also.
Older brother PGDE male with NS, officially posted to school 2015, starting salary 3.9k

I think it's the same..

Yup, I think there's no difference at GEO2 when first posted to schools after grad. I'm NIE grad 2019 and my friend is PGDE 2019. Same starting salary 3.9k, females, both 2nd upper.

But those PGDEs that were posted to schools after completing NIE and starting at GEO3 have higher salary.

Unregistered 02-07-2023 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 251264)
didn't include the NS 2 years.
8 years from the point of being posted to first school after PGDE.
promotion appeal through HRP - but withdrawn after internal meeting with SL saying that haven't hit time norm. totally not convinced.
the revision raised my capped geo3 salary from old ceiling to new ceiling. lol

Bro feels like ur school not rly supporting u. Either u had some friction with the MM and they block your progression or you got some incidents or cases which affects ur advancement.

Either way I think change school or just change job ba

Unregistered 02-07-2023 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 251273)
Yup, I think there's no difference at GEO2 when first posted to schools after grad. I'm NIE grad 2019 and my friend is PGDE 2019. Same starting salary 3.9k, females, both 2nd upper.

But those PGDEs that were posted to schools after completing NIE and starting at GEO3 have higher salary.

How come got some PGDEs posted to school GEO2 some GEO3?

I only see GEO2 PGDEs posted to my school leh. Even if they are males, also need one year then promote GEO3 (October promotion)

Unregistered 02-07-2023 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 251275)
How come got some PGDEs posted to school GEO2 some GEO3?

I only see GEO2 PGDEs posted to my school leh. Even if they are males, also need one year then promote GEO3 (October promotion)

I have a few starting at GEO3. I wouldn't call them mid careers but they have about 4 years of working experience before joining MOE. They were then promoted to GEO4 after two years. There is also a mid career who started teaching at GEO5, I believe to match/because of her previous salary.

Unregistered 02-07-2023 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 251206)
If you really received the FLP invite, it will come with an attached info pack that answers all your above questions.

whats flp?

Unregistered 02-07-2023 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 251272)
This is the unspoken rule. Last time the gap between degree and dip is worse. Almost 2 times

Another unspoken is the university matters also. Even if u go SIM or SUSS or what, u emplace le also the pay got gap. Because it is less rigor so less recognised.

I think Civil Service across all ministries all like that de. Quite standard practice.

This is true. Even though he/she gotten a recognised Master or PHD from local U afterwards, it still doesn't make a difference to the entry level.