Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 02-07-2023 11:52 AM

"8 yrs, male, PGDE local FCH, GEO 3, 6.2k"

Can ask which uni did you get your FCH?

Unregistered 02-07-2023 12:05 PM

Sorry, newbie here, first time applying for OPE. I have some sensitive questions to ask about OPE:

1. I have heard that some KPs and SLs mark down an officer during ranking after knowing of the intention to apply out to other places. In my case, I am currently taking on many roles, projects and classes (overloaded, in fact). I have expressed interest for higher appointments but all KP appointments are saturated at my workplace. However, there is also a severe lack of manpower for my subject area. There is this possibility that even if my OPE is successful, it will be delayed by half a year. What are the chances of my performance grade being affected if I choose to apply for OPE?

2. I am planning to apply for more than 1 place for OPE. Are there cases whereby more than 1 place accepts an officer, and he/she will need to decide which accepted position to go for in the end?

Unregistered 02-07-2023 12:13 PM

capped

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 251219)
"8 yrs, male, PGDE local FCH, GEO 3, 6.2k"

Can ask which uni did you get your FCH?

NUS
received C or C+ every other years.

Unregistered 02-07-2023 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 251220)
Sorry, newbie here, first time applying for OPE. I have some sensitive questions to ask about OPE:

1. I have heard that some KPs and SLs mark down an officer during ranking after knowing of the intention to apply out to other places. In my case, I am currently taking on many roles, projects and classes (overloaded, in fact). I have expressed interest for higher appointments but all KP appointments are saturated at my workplace. However, there is also a severe lack of manpower for my subject area. There is this possibility that even if my OPE is successful, it will be delayed by half a year. What are the chances of my performance grade being affected if I choose to apply for OPE?

2. I am planning to apply for more than 1 place for OPE. Are there cases whereby more than 1 place accepts an officer, and he/she will need to decide which accepted position to go for in the end?

1. no. in the year I was applying for OPE, I got B from my previous school. Ranking should not be affected.
2. yes, can gave more than 1 offer, and you need to choose before you sign the form to be handed in to MOE HR.

Unregistered 02-07-2023 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 251220)

1 depends on your school culture. Some SLs will give the B quotas to the rest who are staying. Not good for morale if those who are staying get Cs.

2 you will need to choose. Also, bear in mind that the offers might come in at different timing, and you are given only a few days to consider each offer. The org is also competing for people, so they want you to make your decision fast, so that they know whether to offer to the next person on their list. And offers might come weeks apart, and you might end up rejecting an offer, only to not get anything at all. Or accepting an offer too early, and missing out on better offers down the road.

Unregistered 02-07-2023 12:59 PM

capped

18 yrs, female,NIE grad, SEO1 (HOD), 9.8k
15 yrs, male, PGDE, SEO1 (HOD), 9.4k
16 yrs, female, Dip Ed, emplacement to degree during 8th year, GEO 4, 6k
13 yrs, female, mid-career, GEO5A, 8.5k (increment 5 to 5A was only $200)
12 yrs, male, PGDE, GEO5, 7.4k
11 yrs, male, NIE grad, GEO5 (SH), 7.6k
9 yrs, female, HOD,*NUS*grad, GEO5, about 7k plus (she said it's below 8k)
8 yrs, male, GEO5, SH, 7.5K
8 yrs, male, PGDE local FCH, GEO 3, 6.2k
8 yrs, male, GEO3, 5.9k
6 yrs, male, PGDE Overseas degree, GEO5 6.6k
6 yrs, male, PGDE local degree (HQ officer), GEO5 6.7k
6 yrs, male, PGDE local degree (HQ officer), GEO4 6.3k
6 yrs, female, NIE grad, GEO4 (SH new), 6k
6 yrs, male, NIE grad, GEO4, 6.2k
5 yrs, female, NIE grad, GEO3, 5.1k
4 yrs, female, NIE grad, GEO3, 5.4k
4 yrs, female, mid-career, GEO3, 6.1k
4 yrs, male, NIE grad, GEO4, 5.6k
4 yrs, male, NIE grad, GEO4, 5.3k
3 yrs, male PGDE, GEO3, 5.4k
3 yrs, male PGDE, GEO3, 5.7k

Unregistered 02-07-2023 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 251221)
NUS
received C or C+ every other years.

Feels like for 8 YOE you should be getting more leh. Your salary looks more like 6 YOE. Did you include 2 years of NS inside the 8 YOE or like your PGDE training years? Or 8 years just from the day you started working in a school when you grad from PGDE?

Unregistered 02-07-2023 01:29 PM

Curious if 2 ppl of the same gender (hence no NS differential), one via the NIE route and one via PGDE, the starting salary at GEO2 is the same right??

Unregistered 02-07-2023 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 250300)
Applying as kp when you are already an appointed internal kp is.

The question they will ask you will be along the lines of “If your school is already grooming you, why are you applying out?”

riding on this post, can someone who is non-KP apply OPE to own school for KP role?

I know it sounds like joke but i am just curious

Unregistered 02-07-2023 01:33 PM

18 yrs, female,NIE grad, SEO1 (HOD), 9.8k
15 yrs, male, PGDE, SEO1 (HOD), 9.4k
16 yrs, female, Dip Ed, emplacement to degree during 8th year, GEO 4, 6k
13 yrs, female, mid-career, GEO5A, 8.5k (increment 5 to 5A was only $200)
12 yrs, male, PGDE, GEO5, 7.4k
11 yrs, male, NIE grad, GEO5 (SH), 7.6k
9 yrs, female, HOD,*NUS*grad, GEO5, about 7k plus (she said it's below 8k)
8 yrs, male, GEO5, SH, 7.5K
8 yrs, male, NIE grad, GEO 4, 6.1k
8 yrs, male, PGDE local FCH, GEO 3, 6.2k
8 yrs, male, GEO3, 5.9k
6 yrs, male, PGDE Overseas degree, GEO5 6.6k
6 yrs, male, PGDE local degree (HQ officer), GEO5 6.7k
6 yrs, male, PGDE local degree (HQ officer), GEO4 6.3k
6 yrs, female, NIE grad, GEO4 (SH new), 6k
6 yrs, male, NIE grad, GEO4, 6.2k
5 yrs, female, NIE grad, GEO3, 5.1k
4 yrs, female, NIE grad, GEO3, 5.4k
4 yrs, female, mid-career, GEO3, 6.1k