Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 15-07-2021 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 177841)
No. You only need to be GEO4.

Hmm this isn’t really accurate. You can be appointed SH even as a GEO3. Just like you could be appointed HOD at GEO4 as well.

Unregistered 15-07-2021 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 177858)
Hmm this isn’t really accurate. You can be appointed SH even as a GEO3. Just like you could be appointed HOD at GEO4 as well.

Not true anymore now. GEO4 minimally to be appointed SH officially. Internal appts diff story

Unregistered 15-07-2021 02:48 PM

Heard now age is a factor of consideration , that’s what my sch P told us . Not sure if it’s true .

Unregistered 15-07-2021 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 177870)
Heard now age is a factor of consideration , that’s what my sch P told us . Not sure if it’s true .

Could be internal consideration by school given staff profile. Not aware of any MOE HR-wide policy of this nature.

Unregistered 15-07-2021 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 177859)
Not true anymore now. GEO4 minimally to be appointed SH officially. Internal appts diff story

Oh, am not aware if there was a change in ministry wide policy on this (or if it even exists in the first place). I pointed it out as I was appointed SH officially when I was still GEO3. Things may have changed since.

Unregistered 15-07-2021 06:24 PM

Quote:

How old is the minimum age?

Unregistered 15-07-2021 08:58 PM

Can confirm that GEO4 is currently a requirement. Think the circular came up around 2018 or so (can't remember exactly when).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 177878)
Oh, am not aware if there was a change in ministry wide policy on this (or if it even exists in the first place). I pointed it out as I was appointed SH officially when I was still GEO3. Things may have changed since.

Unregistered 16-07-2021 01:32 AM

Now MOE is too too heavy. So they are setting more restrictions and slowing down people’s promotions. And they keep publicising cross deployment. HR says it is for officers’ developmental purposes. Why don’t they just tell us the hard truth that secondary schools are having excess supply of teachers? I am sure we teachers can take the truth.

Unregistered 16-07-2021 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 177916)
Now MOE is too too heavy. So they are setting more restrictions and slowing down people’s promotions. And they keep publicising cross deployment. HR says it is for officers’ developmental purposes. Why don’t they just tell us the hard truth that secondary schools are having excess supply of teachers? I am sure we teachers can take the truth.

Having excess supply of teachers? But MOE was still recruiting fresh grads in June for teaching positions.

Unregistered 16-07-2021 07:35 AM

Quote:

Was told the same thing for my P. The age consideration applies to normal EOs. Wont apply to scholars.