Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 09-06-2021 08:29 PM

Any teachers or ex-teachers moved to/from MX scheme? Am thinking of quitting teaching to join other ministries, and wondering which scheme pays better. Thanks!

Unregistered 10-06-2021 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 173292)
Any teachers or ex-teachers moved to/from MX scheme? Am thinking of quitting teaching to join other ministries, and wondering which scheme pays better. Thanks!

I have an NIE batch mate who jumped to MOM the moment bond finished. They will try to match current salary point...But I think there was a slight pay cut. More importantly, my friend was a lot happier due to the better work life balance and fewer political issues.

Unregistered 10-06-2021 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 173335)
I have an NIE batch mate who jumped to MOM the moment bond finished. They will try to match current salary point...But I think there was a slight pay cut. More importantly, my friend was a lot happier due to the better work life balance and fewer political issues.

I am the batch mate who jumped to MOM. EOs are paid slightly better than MXs, which is why its a different scheme altogether. Stat boards though, have their own salary structure and you might be paid more/less/equal. That said, pay is not everything. The intangible benefits I had (such having a regular bowel movement) more than made up for the cut. Health is wealth. All the best!

Unregistered 10-06-2021 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 173463)
I am the batch mate who jumped to MOM. EOs are paid slightly better than MXs, which is why its a different scheme altogether. Stat boards though, have their own salary structure and you might be paid more/less/equal. That said, pay is not everything. The intangible benefits I had (such having a regular bowel movement) more than made up for the cut. Health is wealth. All the best!

GEO5 pay lower than the equivalent MX11A though

Unregistered 11-06-2021 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 173478)
GEO5 pay lower than the equivalent MX11A though

That is because the equivalent grade for MX11A is not GEO 5 but SEO 1

Unregistered 11-06-2021 09:57 AM

Hi, am interested to pursue a career with MOE as a teacher.

Curious on the starting salary and general pay progression from trainee all the way up to 8-10 years of exp. Any insights would be valuable thank you.

Unregistered 11-06-2021 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 173522)
That is because the equivalent grade for MX11A is not GEO 5 but SEO 1

Is that so? That’s interesting because GEO4 is equivalent to MX11. So there’s is an additional rung for EOs..

Unregistered 11-06-2021 07:11 PM

Hi! If I take NPL for two months to care for my mother, will my annual merit increment be pro-rated? I understand that my connect plan and performance grade will be affected as well. TY!

Unregistered 11-06-2021 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 173564)
Is that so? That’s interesting because GEO4 is equivalent to MX11. So there’s is an additional rung for EOs..

Given that it is not a generic scheme (unlike MXS) and thus enjoy a premium (reflected in the salary ranges), you can then have more subgrades to create sense of progression for retention.

Unregistered 11-06-2021 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 165461)
This is very misleading. I know many scholars who get Cs. Everyone starts at GEO5 cep.

This is untrue. My ROs have openly told me that scholars have a higher CEP. But of course, you do not need to be a scholar to have a high CEP, as long as management really likes you your CEP will be bumped up.