Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 08-04-2021 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 164696)
Got it. Thanks. Just want to know that is not because cep is super low or what

err...i may be wrong (sorry to burst ur bubble) but if u geo3 almost hit ceiling i assume you geo3 for quite long....likely cep nt high. If cep high you would have gotten promoted much earlier. unless u fch so starting pay already very high then diff story

Unregistered 08-04-2021 10:40 PM

Hello! Just checking, promoted in October batch will get less increment as batch mate who’s promoted in April batch? But isn’t merit increment based on the performance grade the previous work year...? My increment is quite a significant difference compared to my friend ): more than $60 difference

Unregistered 09-04-2021 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 164742)
Hello! Just checking, promoted in October batch will get less increment as batch mate who’s promoted in April batch? But isn’t merit increment based on the performance grade the previous work year...? My increment is quite a significant difference compared to my friend ): more than $60 difference

sixty also significant. ok pt noted

Unregistered 09-04-2021 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 164781)
sixty also significant. ok pt noted

60 can cover easily home 1gbs fibre...but less than parking. Every dollar counts

Unregistered 09-04-2021 11:53 AM

Hmm looked at my Apr 2020 payslip (was promoted last year) - it just said "...includes your Promotion and Merit Increment of $xyz", without breaking down what was what.

So I assume your lower figure does not include promotion increment. You will get that in October - quite possibly more than the $60 difference you have cited. Doesn't sound like a bad deal for you, if so?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 164742)

Unregistered 09-04-2021 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 164727)
err...i may be wrong (sorry to burst ur bubble) but if u geo3 almost hit ceiling i assume you geo3 for quite long....likely cep nt high. If cep high you would have gotten promoted much earlier. unless u fch so starting pay already very high then diff story

No worries. What is fch?

Unregistered 09-04-2021 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 164884)
No worries. What is fch?

first class honours

Unregistered 09-04-2021 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 164455)
Passion can eat one? Passion can pay off the housing loan, put food on the table, take care of children and elderly parents?

When you are 25-30 yo, new in the career, easy to say the pay is okay. After working for 10+ years, meeting performance expectations, sometimes exceeding expectations due to passion and belief, but the pay is still **** and progression is stagnant, people don't deserve to complain about pay?

This is so true! MOE should relook at how they treat those who work long and exceed expectations.

Unregistered 09-04-2021 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 164459)
Indeed. Singapore teachers are considered highly paid when compared to overseas counterparts. While they work slightly longer hours, they’re more than adequately compensated for in comparison to teachers in other countries.

The “admin” work that many teachers complain about are typically stuff like marking attendance, dealing with external vendors for CCA etc. How difficult can such chores get?

There are many other jobs worse off than that of a teacher. For example an auditor works 18 hour days including on weekends. If you’re in it just for the pay, you’re better off leaving the job.

Are u a teacher? If not pls stop commenting how easy a teacher's work. Do u know other admins we have to do?

Unregistered 10-04-2021 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 164903)
Are u a teacher? If not pls stop commenting how easy a teacher's work. Do u know other admins we have to do?

Don't feed the troll