Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq.html)

Unregistered 29-06-2020 02:20 PM

Interview Process during CB period

Hello all,

I posted here before. Briefly:

1. I am a current civil servant. Applied for MINDEF DXO in the mid of April. No news for 2 whole months - which I probably understand.

2. Recently got called for a writing test. Informed that I was further shortlisted for a video-interviewed to be conducted this week. Found it strange that the email invitation for the video-interview, they mentioned my work location. Thought that they would only let you know the info during the unit preview.

Thus, would like to know:

a. For those applicants that have received verbal/confirmed offer during this period, how many interviews did you go through? I would think that under current circumstances, unit preview would not be likely right?

Unregistered 30-06-2020 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 140229)
Hello all,

1. I am a current civil servant. Applied for MINDEF DXO in the mid of April. No news for 2 whole months - which I probably understand.

2. Recently got called for a writing test. Informed that I was further shortlisted for a video-interviewed to be conducted this week. Found it strange that the email invitation for the video-interview, they mentioned my work location. Thought that they would only let you know the info during the unit preview.

a. For those applicants that have received verbal/confirmed offer during this period, how many interviews did you go through? I would think that under current circumstances, unit preview would not be likely right?

I remember a few post before, someone said they had virtual onsite unit preview interview, not sure how true is the post though...personally i had a 1st interview via video about 1.5 months ago but no update so far, when i email them, they just say it is in progress...

Unregistered 01-07-2020 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 140229)
Hello all,

I saw somewhere in the previous posting that someone mentioned virtual site interview..so not too sure about that..personally i still waiting for update from my 1st interview...but seeing that it is so long kinda pull my hopes down quite a bit haha

Unregistered 02-07-2020 02:25 PM

Job posting taken down

Hi All, i am still waiting for the result for the 1st interview but there is no news so far...i just notice that the job posting on mindef been taken down...is that safe to say no more chance or?

Unregistered 03-07-2020 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 140570)
Hi All, i am still waiting for the result for the 1st interview but there is no news so far...i just notice that the job posting on mindef been taken down...is that safe to say no more chance or?

How long have you been waiting for their update ?

Unregistered 04-07-2020 12:12 AM

What job did you apply?

What job did you apply? Taken down means they have found the right one. Usually they won’t take down until they are very sure the candidate is suitable.

Unregistered 04-07-2020 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 140834)
What job did you apply? Taken down means they have found the right one. Usually they won’t take down until they are very sure the candidate is suitable.

Seem like lost case, I applied for a logistical role

Unregistered 06-07-2020 09:30 AM

Any update after 1st online interview

Hello everyone.. anyone got any update after the 1st online interview? How long is the waiting period for them to update if you are shortlisted for 2nd interview or etc?

Unregistered 06-07-2020 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 141006)
Hello everyone.. anyone got any update after the 1st online interview? How long is the waiting period for them to update if you are shortlisted for 2nd interview or etc?

When did you interview?

Unregistered 06-07-2020 10:32 PM

Hi,

I've recently made an application via the DXO portal, but did not receive any sort of confirmation email after I submitted my application. Can I just check if this is normal? Was wondering if my application got successfully sent at all.

Thanks!