Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq.html)

Unregistered 21-04-2019 11:33 PM

Thoughts for consideration

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 117424)
would you consider MINDEF DXO to be better compared to other civil service appointments?

I'm not the same person you asked.

Better means there is a comparison So... Compare with what?

For me, I am the one with the average qualification. My motive for joining DXO is,

1.I observe friends in ministry, everyone is properly recognised as long they put in the effort to score points. I may enter slightly late but I am sick of unfair bosses that bias gender n bias colour especially in stat board and pte. Ministry tend to be heavily audited and employ only the people with highest integrity ( I hope so la...)

2.Also I know for a fact that DXO work life is balanced. I will have time to pursue other investment n interests. I am particular about per hour salary. If I want to score points for promotion I will put in the effort accordingly.

3. Most DXO I know are not go-getter, imagine FCH entitled to 5k (5 yr ago) ... Even refuse to work hard in 3 years also can promote n increment hit 7k... If I push hard I can stabilise at 6 - 7 k as SM or AD in less than 5 years and just cruise. People like me with poor grades working for gov must survive on multiple sources of income.

So, what are your needs buddy.

Unregistered 22-04-2019 11:54 AM

Advise please

Would appreciate if someone can advise this,
Took PT test 5 weeks ago and received a rejection email stating that I am not further shortlisted. Was mentioned that the result will be retained in the system for one year and will be welcome to re-apply after this period and to consider the available positions.

My current doubt would be
1. Can I still re-apply for other position during this period of time?
2. Does this mean that my PT result was not up to their expectation?

My profile: a soon to be graduate from local Uni.
The position I applied for asked for a tertiary qualification.

Thank you in advance!

Unregistered 22-04-2019 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 117438)
Took PT test 5 weeks ago and received a rejection email stating that I am not further shortlisted. Was mentioned that the result will be retained in the system for one year and will be welcome to re-apply after this period and to consider the available positions.

Thank you in advance!

yes, you can re-apply for other positions. thats what i did after i failed my first interview and got a second interview. i had a friend that was told her to come again 1 year later as she didnt even pass the PT.

what i can guess is that is that your PT results as compared to other applicants wasnt as good for that 'batch'. since they told you they retained your results, im sure it is considered good enough.

just keep trying until they tell you not to.

Unregistered 22-04-2019 01:43 PM

Quote:

Thank you in advance!

the email already said 'welcome to re-apply after this period (retained for on year)" so i think you are unlikely to get any replies if you were to reply - maybe you can try and see what happens from there.

yes, possibly PT is not up to expectation. since the it was a role-based issue, then they would have encouraged you to apply for something else or shortlist you for something else.

all the best!!

Unregistered 22-04-2019 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 117444)
yes, you can re-apply for other positions. thats what i did after i failed my first interview and got a second interview. i had a friend that was told her to come again 1 year later as she didnt even pass the PT.

what i can guess is that is that your PT results as compared to other applicants wasnt as good for that 'batch'. since they told you they retained your results, im sure it is considered good enough.

just keep trying until they tell you not to.

just confusing wording by DXO, it says you are welcome to re-apply after this period. argh. i'm not the poster but i received a similar email too

Unregistered 22-04-2019 02:59 PM

Quote:

Thank you in advance!

I Concurr with the other two people who encouraged you to keep trying.
Yes it means your PT for this batch... is below normal standard of the bell curve.
The 1 year thing, I didn't abide. I read here that the PT is similar to gmat.. So I went to reccee the books, and found similar style of test... So I bought and practised. When they advertised my ideal role again, I applied and did better for PT this time.. Today 8 months after I submitted application, I'm starting work.

PT is crucial for fresh grads. One kind fella posted about how his boss leans on PT to hire several pages back... Sounds legit. About 10 pages back I think.

Unregistered 22-04-2019 03:08 PM

How his boss hires using PT

s://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq-219.html#post116183

Unregistered 22-04-2019 03:39 PM

came here because someone said the thread is hot.

i can't imagine working in a red-zone. no handphone can be quite tragic.

hello dxo!

Unregistered 22-04-2019 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 117459)
came here because someone said the thread is hot.

i can't imagine working in a red-zone. no handphone can be quite tragic.

hello dxo!

When you reach the level of salary.... No handphone is nothing compared to the bucket of gold.

70% of DXO never reach the stage that they must sand blast their camera lens

Unregistered 22-04-2019 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 117424)
would you consider MINDEF DXO to be better compared to other civil service appointments?

Defence budget hard to beat to be honest