Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq.html)

Unregistered 06-07-2020 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 141074)
When did you interview?

A week ago..

Unregistered 07-07-2020 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 141160)
A week ago..

Normally i will say if you are their first in line choice, it usually happen before 2 weeks after the interview.

But given it is now Covid time, it is quite hard to say.

Unregistered 07-07-2020 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 141173)
Normally i will say if you are their first in line choice, it usually happen before 2 weeks after the interview.

But given it is now Covid time, it is quite hard to say.

Ok .. thanks .. hope they contact me ..

Unregistered 08-07-2020 10:41 PM

Confirmation Email

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 141148)
Hi,

I've recently made an application via the DXO portal, but did not receive any sort of confirmation email after I submitted my application. Can I just check if this is normal? Was wondering if my application got successfully sent at all.

Thanks!

Hey there, did you manage to get a confirmation email? I received my confirmation email on the day of the application itself.
Maybe you could check your spam folder as well.

If you still haven't received a confirmation email, maybe you could email "[email protected]", and letting them know of your application date.
All the best! :)

Unregistered 09-07-2020 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 141357)
Hey there, did you manage to get a confirmation email? I received my confirmation email on the day of the application itself.
Maybe you could check your spam folder as well.

If you still haven't received a confirmation email, maybe you could email "[email protected]", and letting them know of your application date.
All the best! :)

Hi, thanks so much for your help! I didn’t receive one and possibly could have been waiting for nothing! D:

Have dropped them an email at the above email address, thanks again for your help! :)

Unregistered 09-07-2020 08:46 PM

Hi, wondering if anyone knows what the career progression and salary range are like for a uniformed position as defence psychologist at mindef? I have a second-upper psych bachelors from NUS, female fresh grad. Thanks!

Rethink SAF budget 11-07-2020 12:14 PM

SAF has been sucking up sinkie students with potential into useless paper soldiers for decades, causing the country to mass import FTs instead.

Today a Harvard grad and former World Bank economist with real world experience CPL Jamus Lim defeated 3 Star General Ng Chee Meng, is it not time to consider giving the SAF massive budget to healthcare and education, et cetera instead?

Unregistered 12-07-2020 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rethink SAF budget (Post 141519)
SAF has been sucking up sinkie students with potential into useless paper soldiers for decades, causing the country to mass import FTs instead.

Today a Harvard grad and former World Bank economist with real world experience CPL Jamus Lim defeated 3 Star General Ng Chee Meng, is it not time to consider giving the SAF massive budget to healthcare and education, et cetera instead?

Putting aside the obvious necessity for national defence, the uniformed service (SAF especially) have been a good tool for upward social mobility. Look at the PAP cadres with humble backgrounds, almost all of them benefited from their stint in the military. Heck, even Pritam Singh is a product of this social machinery.

Granted, it has churned out spineless bureaucrats (and will probably continue on feeding the PAP with yes-men). But I think for the average joe out there, heightened funding for MINDEF is a net positive. For a poor families out there with limitations, their child signing on might be their ticket to middle-class.

Unregistered 12-07-2020 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 141555)
Putting aside the obvious necessity for national defence, the uniformed service (SAF especially) have been a good tool for upward social mobility. Look at the PAP cadres with humble backgrounds, almost all of them benefited from their stint in the military. Heck, even Pritam Singh is a product of this social machinery.

Granted, it has churned out spineless bureaucrats (and will probably continue on feeding the PAP with yes-men). But I think for the average joe out there, heightened funding for MINDEF is a net positive. For a poor families out there with limitations, their child signing on might be their ticket to middle-class.

Are you a SAF/PAP scholar? You may have academic rigour but your lack of intelligence shows. If you overpay anyone relative to the value of the actual work they do it will count for upward social mobility by your logic. I could pay a taxi driver's daughter $50,000/month as a scholar-teacher and herald the unicorn that is her and the handful few as a "net positive", conveniently ignoring the masses of poverty that Singapore's Gini coefficient undeniably shows after the fat SAF expenditure has taken the lion's share of our country's budget.

boyboy 14-07-2020 04:06 PM

where and how is security clearance be held at

anyone been through security clearance? I was informed by my referring officer that I need to go through security clearance for my IT related post. may I know where will it be held? and how's the process like