Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq.html)

Unregistered 03-05-2020 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 133210)
does mindef offer MX schemes too? what's the diff between their DXO and MX scheme, if they do offer MX scheme?

MX are those seconded to MINDEF from other ministries.

MINDEF directly employs for DXO scheme.

Unregistered 04-05-2020 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 133191)
Hello, if I'm a NUS, FCH, with NS fresh grad, approx what's the starting salary I can expect? Also, does DXO generally pay better than other ministries (MX)? Thank you! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Me
Anywhere 3.5k - 5.5k, depending on ministry/sb, job function and schemes.

Sorry i thought this was the civil service thread.

DXO FCH NUS with NS should be around 4 - 4.4k maybe? Not sure if packages would be smaller this year due to the current economic performance - may be expecting a pay cut across civil service. :(

If that happens, they would still offer you the 'intended' amount and take away the variable amount (about 10%).

Unregistered 04-05-2020 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 133211)
MX are those seconded to MINDEF from other ministries.

MINDEF directly employs for DXO scheme.

i have a friend currently a MX12 in MINDEF though...

Unregistered 04-05-2020 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 133223)
i have a friend currently a MX12 in MINDEF though...

i explained earlier that it could be a secondment.

or maybe things changed

Unregistered 04-05-2020 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 133174)
Hi, may i know if i owe credit card money and under DRS (Debt repayment scheme), can i still apply for a dxo position? thanks

Honestly not sure as it depends on the role and if I’m not wrong, if you don’t submit G50, probably means the role is less stringent. They will find out about your credit rating through G50.

Unregistered 04-05-2020 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 133225)
Honestly not sure as it depends on the role and if I’m not wrong, if you don’t submit G50, probably means the role is less stringent. They will find out about your credit rating through G50.

the minimum to clear G50 so that you are cleared to get access into Intranet.

as for credit rating, i think its ok to have some. just need to do finance declaration.

Unregistered 04-05-2020 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 133227)
the minimum to clear G50 so that you are cleared to get access into Intranet.

as for credit rating, i think its ok to have some. just need to do finance declaration.

okay thanks. tt means if i declare to hr when i apply for the job can alrd? then see from there if they allow me to get into the job?

Unregistered 04-05-2020 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 133231)
okay thanks. tt means if i declare to hr when i apply for the job can alrd? then see from there if they allow me to get into the job?

yes, if you're selected, there's a financial declaration form you would need to fill up when you sign the contract.

if you never borrow from underground, then should be alright, meanwhile continue when possible to make regular payments and reduce it as much as you can until the day you sign the contract.

Unregistered 04-05-2020 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 133234)
yes, if you're selected, there's a financial declaration form you would need to fill up when you sign the contract.

if you never borrow from underground, then should be alright, meanwhile continue when possible to make regular payments and reduce it as much as you can until the day you sign the contract.

okay thanks for the info! actually i am going for debt repayment plan under ministry of law soon. it is a monthly installment plan to pay off for 5 years. and after tt my credit rating will
be back to normal.

Unregistered 04-05-2020 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 133235)
okay thanks for the info! actually i am going for debt repayment plan under ministry of law soon. it is a monthly installment plan to pay off for 5 years. and after tt my credit rating will
be back to normal.

i recall that HR will ask you this at your first interview. so do make this point clear to them and be honest! that will be before G50.

G50 is done only after you are offered where they will process clearance and stuffs.

Good luck!