Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq.html)

Ambition 09-01-2021 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 152882)
Nobodu have time.
I share with you my wife HR.
She say job applications got so many. Like literally hundreds to thousand..
Tjeh can't process all.

Some js see best quality.
Some see luck. Some random.

So they don't go thru every single one to shortlist etc.
Then when shortlist. So many things.
Need background check, need G50 clearance. Need department approval.
Need budget check. Need asset team. Need to have cubicle. Asset. Laptop available.
Contract. HR. Card. Security access. Etc. Etc.

Whilw also processing existing staff payroll etc and also handling exiting staff...

Who got time to spend on rejecting applicants.
And sometimes if they don't reject outright. If their accepted choice decided to rescind offer. They can still offer the job.

This is why most company don't outright reject.
Also that's why when you look for job. Always look for job when you still have one.

Yes ofc. You need to know etc. Got other offer. Then maybe just maybe don't send out so many job applications at once.

Sounds genuine like HR. My friend in gov HR also advised me. From the moment u get invited to interview, be prepared to go thru a process of 3 months. Any part of the process can fail. Some people have spouse from certain country, fail...

Simple solution is to find a simple job with 1 month notice. Can resign anytime.

On the letter of rejection. I still think its a poor excuse to avoid sending it. In Singapore there no way for candidate get compensation from the company for deciding to re-offer after rejection. Companies can also rescind an offer after the offer and really there is hardly any penalty.

Unregistered 10-01-2021 01:49 AM

anyone applied for cyber jobs at dxo? whats the diff between mgr and assistant director

Unregistered 11-01-2021 01:36 AM

nice place, learnt a lot of things. met a lot of like minded ppl here

Ambition 11-01-2021 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 153021)
anyone applied for cyber jobs at dxo? whats the diff between mgr and assistant director

AM, M and SM
Usually they are the same and one role. This one person can climb up the appointment (AM to M to SM) as the years go by.

AD
Usually this person is the boss of the AM/M/SM.

However if they hired an AD and decided there's no headcount for M. Then you be careful, you may be recruited as AD one man show. If you are not used to bring hands-on, don't take the job.

Your boss will answer you truthfully if you bother to ask. HR maybe not so truthful.

Unregistered 12-01-2021 12:21 AM

What is the best way to reach out to HR for an update and get a response? Thanks

Unregistered 12-01-2021 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 152082)
fresh grads... 2 years already, each batch still come out expecting high salary with no experience

even during covid and high unemployment rate, many fresh grads are still dreaming of demanding high pay at the start LOLLL

Unregistered 14-01-2021 11:14 AM

Anyone screwed up the psychometric test but still got an interview? I left about 5 questions blank for the verbal test (anyhow shade) and left 10 questions blank in the pattern test(no time even to anyhow shade). I'd say my resume should be quite stellar though, still got chance for interview anot? :(

Unregistered 14-01-2021 01:20 PM

PT has resumed I suppose

Unregistered 14-01-2021 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 153518)
Anyone screwed up the psychometric test but still got an interview? I left about 5 questions blank for the verbal test (anyhow shade) and left 10 questions blank in the pattern test(no time even to anyhow shade). I'd say my resume should be quite stellar though, still got chance for interview anot? :(

When was your PT? Online?

Unregistered 14-01-2021 09:39 PM

Has anyone had their security clearance completed recently. How long did you wait?