Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq.html)

Ambition 24-11-2020 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149782)
are u dumb or what?

what has Mindef and DXO got to do with CECA?

The poor fella just needs to blow off some steam.

Maybe sour grapes, never got the opportunity to an interview to work for the nation.

Ambition 24-11-2020 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149733)
any idea what is the average waiting time between interview and call for site preview during this period? ty

You are looking for some comfort or closure, unfortunately even before the pandemic already the process takes anywhere from 1 month to 6 months.

As long no letter of rejection, the chance is valid.

Even if you start working they may tell u, if clearance fails, you lose this job, we will pro-rate you accordingly.

Unregistered 25-11-2020 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ambition (Post 149812)

Maybe sour grapes, never got the opportunity to an interview to work for the nation.

haha sounds about right. probably dont understand how a country is run and how vulnerable a country like Singapore is. he's probably someone who has not worked or lived in other countries for comparison.

but I hope he sincerely can solve his daddy issues or talk to someone. retrenchment is not a sin. dont be ashamed. keep trying to apply.

Unregistered 25-11-2020 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ambition (Post 149812)

Yeah haha he or she is probably some unemployed loser whose probably just jealous he cannot get our recession-proof DXO job.

Also what invasion s/he talking about, everything looks perfect to me from my Mindef cubicle and as good as it was ten, twenty years ago, and all Singaporeans are enjoying good lives right now and all senior management are staffed by Singaporeans. No such thing as foreign invasion at all, we at Mindef have done a great job and deserve our bonuses.

Unregistered 26-11-2020 01:58 PM

Anyone applied last week and received follow up email from HR?

Unregistered 27-11-2020 04:43 PM

Anyone got an offer recently? Just hope to have a gauge of how long it is currently taking between the verbal offer and final offer in the current covid phase. Understand that 4-6 weeks was the norm based on old posts.

Unregistered 27-11-2020 05:47 PM

Any kind soul can share with me how long am I expected to wait from the day I submit my application to psychometric test & interview?

Unregistered 27-11-2020 07:33 PM

Hi, has anyone went for site preview recently and received a verbal offer already?

Unregistered 28-11-2020 10:33 AM

Hi everyone,

I am wondering there is any job suitable for me as DXO.
I used to be an Army Regular and left after 5 years of service when my bond was up after 4 years (CPT1 rank $4.6k)into private sector as I was young and curious about what others are doing.
Then after 2 years in private sector as project engineer (involved in LTA or SBST projects), I decided to go into teaching.
I have been a teacher for 6 years. Pay started at $2.6k as a trainee. Increased to $3.3k after being PDGE trained in NIE. Promoted one year after graduating from NIE and salary increased to $4.3k, after few years of increment now at $4.9k.
Now I am thinking whether the MINDEF will welcome ex-regular into service as DXO.
What is the grade I should be expecting and what kind of salary should I be looking at?

Unregistered 28-11-2020 09:07 PM

How much does a senior manager dxo make and which dx level they at?

Applied for it but wonder what’s the range