Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq.html)

Unregistered 17-12-2019 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127234)
Anyone heard from them recently? Been close to 2 months since taking the psychometric

Seem like someone in the previous posting is going for interview

Unregistered 17-12-2019 10:58 PM

Just failed the psychometric test but was told to go again to re take. Mid career switch, any one knows this is usually the case?

Unregistered 17-12-2019 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127276)
Just failed the psychometric test but was told to go again to re take. Mid career switch, any one knows this is usually the case?

Hi, when did u took the PT?
You checked with them the result first or they just emailed u the result and arrange another test for u?
Might be your current profession skills in shortage. What post did u applied?

Unregistered 18-12-2019 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127276)

Sound like they interested to take you but your PT result doesnt meet their standard or fail in your words...sound like a good start

Unregistered 23-12-2019 11:37 AM

How long did everyone waited for news after the 1st interview?

Been a week since my last interview but no news as of now, no idea when to consider as no more chance for the position

Unregistered 26-12-2019 02:10 AM

Are they slower to contact you during the holidays? I applied for 1 position on 9th December, ran into some problems with my application but still successfully applied and received the confirmation email only a couple hours later. Up till now I still am uncontacted by them. I’m from NUS, FCH, relevant internship experience. Not sure why I didn’t even get selected for PT. Should I drop them an email? The position is still up on their site. Or should I give it till the end of the month?

Unregistered 26-12-2019 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127533)
Are they slower to contact you during the holidays? I applied for 1 position on 9th December, ran into some problems with my application but still successfully applied and received the confirmation email only a couple hours later. Up till now I still am uncontacted by them. I’m from NUS, FCH, relevant internship experience. Not sure why I didn’t even get selected for PT. Should I drop them an email? The position is still up on their site. Or should I give it till the end of the month?

yes, you can expect them to reply slower as many will clear their leave at the end of year. parents especially. not to worry too much. will be back to normal in Jan 2020.

Unregistered 26-12-2019 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127533)

Mind sharing what position you applied for?
I applied on 16 Dec and received the email for PT on 17 Dec.

Unregistered 26-12-2019 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127557)
Mind sharing what position you applied for?
I applied on 16 Dec and received the email for PT on 17 Dec.

OK then, this is weird and I will drop them an email about it... I applied for Communications field, Executive (Engagement & Plans).

Unregistered 26-12-2019 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127561)
OK then, this is weird and I will drop them an email about it... I applied for Communications field, Executive (Engagement & Plans).

Based on what you said, as you graduated with a FCH from NUS, you are probably overqualified for the job. Executive roles are usually more for diploma-entry level unless you are willing to accept a lower pay if not they would consider other candidates first over you.
I am from HR myself.