Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq.html)

Unregistered 28-12-2019 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jinnyjoess (Post 127577)
Fresh grads in public sector all start off with Manager (not Exec like in private sector), you can go take a look at the other Manager postings and apply again.
Anyone going for PT on 2 Jan?

This is definite inaccurate info. I have worked in several ministries. Most if not all public agencies offer fresh grads as Executive.

Unregistered 28-12-2019 02:40 PM

I got an email simply stating "We have gone through your application and regret to inform you that you have not been further shortlisted". Does that mean my psychometric test results are not good enough? Any chance if I apply again now?

Unregistered 28-12-2019 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127617)
I got an email simply stating "We have gone through your application and regret to inform you that you have not been further shortlisted". Does that mean my psychometric test results are not good enough? Any chance if I apply again now?

Yes, it could be either due to your test results or they probably found a more suitable candidate. Your psychometric test is usually valid for a year so it will be difficult to apply again but you can still try. However, you shouldn't expect much.

Unregistered 28-12-2019 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127617)

When you took the psychometric test? You ask them or they “auto” send you?

Unregistered 28-12-2019 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127624)
When you took the psychometric test? You ask them or they “auto” send you?

Took in mid November... Auto sent yesterday without me asking

Unregistered 29-12-2019 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127622)
Yes, it could be either due to your test results or they probably found a more suitable candidate. Your psychometric test is usually valid for a year so it will be difficult to apply again but you can still try. However, you shouldn't expect much.

Thank you for your time at the interview.

The selection process was highly competitive and we regret to inform you that you have not been further shortlisted for the position that you were interviewed for. However, we have assessed your application to be favourable and would like to retain your application in our system. We will contact you when there is a suitable vacancy

Should I apply for another position?

Or is that the standard rejection email?

Unregistered 29-12-2019 05:21 PM

Salary

Anyone know of change of jobs within govt sector? Can we still get revised salary? I heard there’s only Option of transfer n no change in salary if we transfer

Unregistered 29-12-2019 05:31 PM

Salary w HR

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127589)
Yes, but I am unable to reveal the exact selection process, if you have any other questions you may ask here.

Hi can u advise my current situation? I’m a local grad female and have been working in a stat board for more than 5 yrs. so if I were to change from stat board to DXO as manager, will My salary be revised if I forgo my years of service experience or it has to be a transfer of service without change of salary?

Unregistered 30-12-2019 11:07 AM

Salary

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127654)
Anyone know of change of jobs within govt sector? Can we still get revised salary? I heard there’s only Option of transfer n no change in salary if we transfer

Can share what revised salary means? I’m from private sector for 5 years since I graduated.

Unregistered 30-12-2019 01:34 PM

Salary

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127662)
Can share what revised salary means? I’m from private sector for 5 years since I graduated.

Typically from what I know, if a govt sector employee wish to move to another govt agency, there’s no change in salary. So that’s why I want to know if there’s still a chance for review of pay scheme for change of job across govt sectors.

it’s diff from pte sector to govt agencies. I have heard of most mid career change from pte to govt got pay cut. So it’s up to the agency which u applied.