Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq.html)

Unregistered 30-12-2019 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127663)
Typically from what I know, if a govt sector employee wish to move to another govt agency, there’s no change in salary. So that’s why I want to know if there’s still a chance for review of pay scheme for change of job across govt sectors.

it’s diff from pte sector to govt agencies. I have heard of most mid career change from pte to govt got pay cut. So it’s up to the agency which u applied.

Pay cut? :( I was still hoping for an increment from my current pay :(
HR person, pls confirm?

Unregistered 30-12-2019 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127666)
Pay cut? :( I was still hoping for an increment from my current pay :(
HR person, pls confirm?

Hi, yes usually from private sector during a mid career switch, you might expect a pay cut but there are cases where you can still retain your previous salary but usually you will not expect an increment.

Unregistered 30-12-2019 10:02 PM

Salary

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127671)
Hi, yes usually from private sector during a mid career switch, you might expect a pay cut but there are cases where you can still retain your previous salary but usually you will not expect an increment.

Can u also advise for my case? Do I still get a chance to review my salary if I change from govt sector to DXO? TIA

Unregistered 01-01-2020 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127678)
Can u also advise for my case? Do I still get a chance to review my salary if I change from govt sector to DXO? TIA

from what i know, personnel who works for MINDEF is paid a slight premium over other govt agencies or ministries due to their importance and contributions.

However, with a reduction in starting salaries, mainly for fresh grads(hearsay), i cant be sure of any reviews for mid entry from other govt sectors. but of course theres a chance if you offer relevant experience.

btw, im not from HR, im a another DXO still in service. just my observations and 2 cents.

Unregistered 02-01-2020 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127671)

Is it because private sector salary might be too high for the civil service to pay?

Unregistered 02-01-2020 07:35 AM

Salary

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127731)
Is it because private sector salary might be too high for the civil service to pay?

It’s because most pte include AWS in their monthly salary and taking into account with bonuses. If you calculate on annual basis, your income may increase if you come from a pte company with little bonus or no AWS.

Unregistered 02-01-2020 07:37 AM

Salary

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127719)
from what i know, personnel who works for MINDEF is paid a slight premium over other govt agencies or ministries due to their importance and contributions.

However, with a reduction in starting salaries, mainly for fresh grads(hearsay), i cant be sure of any reviews for mid entry from other govt sectors. but of course theres a chance if you offer relevant experience.

btw, im not from HR, im a another DXO still in service. just my observations and 2 cents.

Thank you so much for your reply. Hope I can get into DXO with better salary. Happy new year!

Unregistered 02-01-2020 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127589)
Yes, but I am unable to reveal the exact selection process, if you have any other questions you may ask here.

quoting here so that security department can find evidence and trace you

Unregistered 02-01-2020 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 123334)
im in the system, they do... :)

so am i. stop trying to give fake news

Unregistered 06-01-2020 11:59 AM

Done PT

How long does HR usually take to get back (if they even get back) after candidates take their PT?