Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq.html)

Unregistered 21-02-2020 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 129169)
Hey mate, don't give up! If you can make it to the site preview, it means that you do have what it takes to be a DXO! I am not sure if you would be considered automatically for your second choice or if it requires another application, please do check back with HR. But keep applying! 😀 Cheer up! And congrats to all those who had their offer already! 😃 Am still in the midst of waiting after site preview but its bleak since its almost a month. Hahaha keep your posted of any news!

I was told at my interview that my 2nd and 3rd choice were already filled. I don't think I will be applying for anything else as the role I was interested in was very specific..

Good luck to everyone else though!

Unregistered 23-02-2020 03:12 AM

Quick question.
Does doing well for your NS (i.e outstanding for conduct and performance) helps in getting the job since it is practically going back to army? Usually I take the army stuff of my portfolio cus i Paiseh but idk whether to add it in for my interview. :D

Unregistered 23-02-2020 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 129261)
Quick question.
Does doing well for your NS (i.e outstanding for conduct and performance) helps in getting the job since it is practically going back to army? Usually I take the army stuff of my portfolio cus i Paiseh but idk whether to add it in for my interview. :D

not really tbh. they will have it in the system anyway cause they can generate your past records.

it's more of whether you suit the job than whether you had outstanding as an nsf. all the best

Unregistered 26-02-2020 07:03 PM

Hi guys,

Can i check for the documents to be submitted,can i still submit via either soft or hard copy or now can only submit via soft copy?

Unregistered 26-02-2020 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 129375)
Hi guys,

Can i check for the documents to be submitted,can i still submit via either soft or hard copy or now can only submit via soft copy?

As of last year, submission of documents after PT is either hardcopy onsite or softcopy via email. Unless there are changes for this year, you might wanna confirm with HR.

Unregistered 26-02-2020 08:44 PM

As the forum goes, no news means good news. But just wanna check, what are the chances of getting a job offer 1month after site preview? Anyone who had experience can share?

Unregistered 27-02-2020 10:22 AM

Hi guys, I have aspirations of becoming a Paper General and getting parachuted into a GLC on retirement (with relevant airborne badge of course). Since failure is highly acceptable by the higher echelons of MINDEF cue Desmond Quek and scapegoating of NSFs/minions for systemic failures a tried and tested defensive mechanism, where should I start applying?

Unregistered 27-02-2020 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 129407)
Hi guys, I have aspirations of becoming a Paper General and getting parachuted into a GLC on retirement (with relevant airborne badge of course). Since failure is highly acceptable by the higher echelons of MINDEF cue Desmond Quek and scapegoating of NSFs/minions for systemic failures a tried and tested defensive mechanism, where should I start applying?

Sign on. That's the only way. :)

Unregistered 29-02-2020 10:56 PM

I applied this week and was asked to take the psychometric test very quickly. Will the test be difficult to clear?

Unregistered 01-03-2020 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 129493)
I applied this week and was asked to take the psychometric test very quickly. Will the test be difficult to clear?

nope. all the best.