Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq.html)

Fresh Grad (F) 29-11-2019 10:29 PM

Hiring Timeline

Hi guys,
I first posted on this forum on 15 Aug 19, & have finally found the time to share my exp regarding the hiring process:

Early May: applied for position A (DXO)
Mid May: attended psychometric test
Early/ Mid June: was rejected but my records will be retained in the system
Early/Mid July: applied for position B
Mid Aug: first interview, site visit
Early Sep: offered position, medical clearance
Mid Sep: started work

Hope this gives y'all better insight on the hiring timeline.
Good luck!

Unregistered 05-12-2019 12:07 PM

DXO Application

I’ve submitted my application online in mid Oct and HR emailed me few days later to get me to submit relevant documents, personal particulars form and passport sized photo. I’ve submitted all required by end of Oct. Till now, they have not contacted me. Have emailed to HR 3 times to check and everytime they can only replied that they are still in the midst of processing my application and will update me my application status. My question is am I shortlisted for the position applied, since they have asked for my documents and photo? And I am required to fill up a very detailed personal particulars form, similar to the G50 form. Have been waiting for more than a month. Of course I have been actively looking for other jobs as well. Anyone who has the same situation as me?

Unregistered 05-12-2019 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fresh Grad (F) (Post 126290)
Hi guys,
I first posted on this forum on 15 Aug 19, & have finally found the time to share my exp regarding the hiring process:

Early May: applied for position A (DXO)
Mid May: attended psychometric test
Early/ Mid June: was rejected but my records will be retained in the system
Early/Mid July: applied for position B
Mid Aug: first interview, site visit
Early Sep: offered position, medical clearance
Mid Sep: started work

Hope this gives y'all better insight on the hiring timeline.
Good luck!

Posted to safti?

Unregistered 05-12-2019 10:25 PM

Can anyone share the DXO salary scale? Thank u

Unregistered 08-12-2019 08:49 PM

Is there a way to know which DXO works with fellow DXO and not NSFs? Or is it generally DXO role works with NSFs?

Unregistered 08-12-2019 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 126978)
Is there a way to know which DXO works with fellow DXO and not NSFs? Or is it generally DXO role works with NSFs?

you mostly work with other regulars, rather than NSFs.

maybe in some roles, you would have to manage a few NSFs cause they work on projects/work for you. in most other roles, possibly reporting to either a major/ltc/sltc/col/generals.

Unregistered 08-12-2019 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 126893)
Can anyone share the DXO salary scale? Thank u

1800 - 8000 maybe?

Unregistered 10-12-2019 09:32 AM

=D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 125778)
I sent a email to check with their HR but they only reply me that they are in the midst of processing and will update me if there is any

Erm, so i dunno to wait or ..lol
This feel like a trial of patience

Anyway i applied for Manager (Security Management), anyone who applied for that and went for interview already? Then i can give up and move on...lol

They sent me an invitation for the previous role i applied for haha, at least some news/progression is good

Unregistered 10-12-2019 02:51 PM

Just been informed that one of the job position i applied for is a contract position...anyone know anything about that?

Unregistered 16-12-2019 09:37 PM

Anyone heard from them recently? Been close to 2 months since taking the psychometric