Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq.html)

Unregistered 12-11-2019 05:55 PM

Anyone here works as a DXO Counsellor? Can share the experiences?

Unregistered 12-11-2019 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 124980)
PT : 30 Oct
No news yet....

We should be in the same batch. What did u apply? I applied for procurement.

Unregistered 12-11-2019 09:35 PM

=)

Hi, does anyone know if MINDEF hires graduates from SIT? Been applying but don't even receive email for PT. Thanks in advance

Unregistered 12-11-2019 10:21 PM

Reading all the replies, it seems that after you apply, you'll do a psychometric test first. However, for the life of me, I don't recall applying specifically to Mindef nor did I do any PT related to it. My guess is that somehow my application elsewhere in the public service got re-routed for Mindef's consideration. I received an e-mail to go for a Written Exercise at their HQ, and decided I might as well check it out.

Is this normal? Anyone in the same situation? I have to fill up an application form and I don't even know what to include in the section about the positions that I've applied (if I actually applied anything at all but completely don't remember). I'm just going to put what positions I would be interested in...

Unregistered 13-11-2019 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 124466)
Have you tried contacting the HR? What position did u apply?

No. I didnt. Not sure if no news means still wait or no opportunities.

Applied Executive (HR) - 10 sept
Receive email shortlisted to go PT - 12 sept
PT at cmpb - 3 oct

Then no news till now.. wonder if they are still processing or have been rejected?

Unregistered 13-11-2019 11:00 PM

What are the motivations for people wanting to join as DXO?

Unregistered 13-11-2019 11:18 PM

anyone with Ph.D. working as DXO?

Hello, I have a first class hons equivalent bachelors degree, a masters degree, and Ph.D in Psychology (all from the U.S. at good research universities), I have about 7 years experience running grant-funded research in various public universities (basically project manager job).

Any idea (or guesses) as to what starting pay grade would be for DXO applicants like me, and if they would offer me a senior position? I recently got scheduled for PT, and since I have an overseas job now, I'm wondering if this is worth pursuing by returning home for a period of time.

Unregistered 14-11-2019 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 125030)

What is your motivations in asking this question?

Or should all soldiers say "to protect the country" or all teachers to say " to inspire the next generation" to fit your agenda? What about those working in Mcdonalds or selling insurance. What are their motivations? A HDB officer, LTA staffer, MOE HR manager. what are their motivations?

To answer you if you are somewhat honestly curious,
DXO is just a job in which a point of time, seem like a logical choice. i dont think anyone grows up and dreams of being a DXO.
A suitable and stable job for those seeking work life balance, job security and somewhat with a purpose of contributing to national security.

Unregistered 16-11-2019 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 125030)

Usually if they can't make it in the real world, it's something to fall back on.

Unregistered 18-11-2019 01:24 PM

How do we answer the question when we get asked if NS is cheapen when such a high number of citizenship are given to foreigners who did not serve NS?
Pic for reference- s://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/eat-drink-man-woman-16/ns-cheapen-when-such-high-number-citizenship-given-foreigners-who-did-not-serve-ns-6150563.html