Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq.html)

Unregistered 09-06-2021 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 173226)
Almost two weeks actually; my site preview took place literally the same day they announced Heightened Alert so maybe the HR was swamped! Had another friend who interviewed for another office in MINDEF and he waited even longer.

aww man, mine's almost 2 weeks too and still no news yet... thanks anyways! Once again, congrats!

Unregistered 10-06-2021 03:49 PM

Received a verbal offer from another gov agency (temp position) and still have not heard anything from MINDEF 2 weeks after site preview. Not sure if I should reject other offers.

Unregistered 10-06-2021 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 173414)
Received a verbal offer from another gov agency (temp position) and still have not heard anything from MINDEF 2 weeks after site preview. Not sure if I should reject other offers.

Just call the HR up to ask and say you got an offer. At least she have to tell you whats the results.....dunno how many months of clearance wait if u really keen on mindef.....

Another way is take the temp job since it is temp....then wait for mindef....it should be able to work in this way right? Everyone need to support a family!

Unregistered 10-06-2021 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 173466)
Just call the HR up to ask and say you got an offer. At least she have to tell you whats the results.....dunno how many months of clearance wait if u really keen on mindef.....

Another way is take the temp job since it is temp....then wait for mindef....it should be able to work in this way right? Everyone need to support a family!

that's true, tho the temp job is a 6 months commitment. I have emailed the HR alr! Thanks anyways. Is it considered impolite to email/ call them though?

Unregistered 10-06-2021 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 173470)
that's true, tho the temp job is a 6 months commitment. I have emailed the HR alr! Thanks anyways. Is it considered impolite to email/ call them though?

Call them is better, sometimes they got so much email that it takes days to reply. Also for u to discuss and get a good answer also. 6 months work is small one....should be sufficient for ur clearance, notice period etc...if need...then leave the temp job in 4 months if need to....its fair if u follow rules and give notice period.

Unregistered 10-06-2021 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 173476)
Call them is better, sometimes they got so much email that it takes days to reply. Also for u to discuss and get a good answer also. 6 months work is small one....should be sufficient for ur clearance, notice period etc...if need...then leave the temp job in 4 months if need to....its fair if u follow rules and give notice period.

wa okie thanks for the advice!!!

Unregistered 11-06-2021 01:49 PM

Is contract signing done f2f or online?

Unregistered 11-06-2021 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 173576)
Is contract signing done f2f or online?

Where got so high tech one! Confirm is face to face to sign paper

Unregistered 12-06-2021 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 173585)
Where got so high tech one! Confirm is face to face to sign paper

because now work from home by default tho

Unregistered 12-06-2021 10:37 PM

does mindef HQ have a gym for staff to use?