Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq.html)

Unregistered 16-06-2021 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 174413)
Hi, anybody knows how stringent MSD checks will be for CAT 1 clearance? What will they look out for other than being debtless or gambling/alcohol addiction-free? Law-abiding? Clean and 'pristine' image? Family comprising only of SG citizens?

Also, I just got married and I could not declare it in my G50 form (submitted G50 too close to my marriage date so the marital status was not updated in Singpass). The MSD fella asked me to declare my new marital status during my security vetting session. Wondering if this will be a problem.

Thanks!

What is the security vetting session?

Unregistered 17-06-2021 12:11 AM

Hi everyone, I have a scenario here regarding MSD and CAT 1 clearance — hoping for some clarity if possible.

My newlywed wife and I are temporarily living in a spare apartment my uncle lent to us. My wife is worried that I might fail the clearance/get into trouble because the flat is technically not out of the MOP yet, even though we’re just using it for temporary quarters while waiting for BTO (it’s not due for some years yet)

Anybody care to shed light on this? Would MSD make a meal out of this issue? Or is this considered a non-security threat and not something they wouldn’t even bother about?

Thanks all.

Unregistered 17-06-2021 09:22 AM

Does anyone know how to contact the moderators for this forum?

Unregistered 17-06-2021 10:37 PM

Hi,

I recently went for my first interview with mindef and they have yet to get back to me on whether I got further shortlisted for the 2nd interview. However, I received a job offer from another agency yesterday. I would prefer to work in mindef, but I understand that mindef's hr processes are very slow. Is there any way that I could ask mindef HR to get back to me on my status for the job application? It hasnt 2 weeks since my interview with them though

Unregistered 18-06-2021 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 174556)
Hi,

I recently went for my first interview with mindef and they have yet to get back to me on whether I got further shortlisted for the 2nd interview. However, I received a job offer from another agency yesterday. I would prefer to work in mindef, but I understand that mindef's hr processes are very slow. Is there any way that I could ask mindef HR to get back to me on my status for the job application? It hasnt 2 weeks since my interview with them though

If you are more keen to work in Mindef, no harm calling Mindef HR to inquire and ask. Let them know that you have another offer, but more keen on Mindef. Can they expedite? Problem is even if Mindef HR willing to help you proceed to 2nd interview, there is no guarantee you be offered by Mindef and you miss your chance of accepting the agency offer. So depends. If you are in hurry for a job, then accept the first offer. But if no hurry and really very keen on Mindef, then reject. Or you can accept first and hopefully Mindef can offer you before you get to sign the letter of appointment with the first agency. I can suggest all these bcos I am going thru the same dilemma as you. Haha.

Unregistered 18-06-2021 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 174576)
If you are more keen to work in Mindef, no harm calling Mindef HR to inquire and ask. Let them know that you have another offer, but more keen on Mindef. Can they expedite? Problem is even if Mindef HR willing to help you proceed to 2nd interview, there is no guarantee you be offered by Mindef and you miss your chance of accepting the agency offer. So depends. If you are in hurry for a job, then accept the first offer. But if no hurry and really very keen on Mindef, then reject. Or you can accept first and hopefully Mindef can offer you before you get to sign the letter of appointment with the first agency. I can suggest all these bcos I am going thru the same dilemma as you. Haha.

Do also keep in mind that clearance after the second interview + unit preview usually takes up another 1-2 months at the very least. There is little to no chance MINDEF offers you before the agency’s deadline is up.

Unregistered 18-06-2021 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 174579)
Do also keep in mind that clearance after the second interview + unit preview usually takes up another 1-2 months at the very least. There is little to no chance MINDEF offers you before the agency’s deadline is up.

Many previous reviews which says the same as this bro. If u rejected this offer and mindef didnt do 2nd interview, are you able to get another job in a short time?

Unregistered 18-06-2021 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 174576)

Yes I'm actually more keen to work in mindef. Have you tried calling the HR to inquire in your case? Did they give you an answer whether you have been shortlisted for the unit preview, or did they give you the standard "we are still processing" answer?

Unregistered 18-06-2021 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 174448)
Does anyone know how to contact the moderators for this forum?

You from mindef and want to control the narration here? Too bad. Its a free forum. Anyone can post.

Unregistered 18-06-2021 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 174579)

Will the clearance be faster if I'm currently working in the Public Service?