Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq.html)

Unregistered 02-10-2017 02:02 AM

Hello,

Does anyone know how does the pyschometric test results plays a part in determining whether a candidate should be shortlisted for a an interview? How do MINDEF determine if your psychometric test is 'good' enough to shortlist you for an interview since, there is no right or wrong? What is MINDEF exactly looking out for in a candidate?

Thank you.

Unregistered 02-10-2017 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 100607)
Hello,

Does anyone know how does the pyschometric test results plays a part in determining whether a candidate should be shortlisted for a an interview? How do MINDEF determine if your psychometric test is 'good' enough to shortlist you for an interview since, there is no right or wrong? What is MINDEF exactly looking out for in a candidate?

Thank you.

Don't think anyone outside of HR knows. Just do your best for the PT.

Unregistered 02-10-2017 06:06 PM

Anyone received call more than 2 weeks after site preview?

Unregistered 02-10-2017 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 100607)
Hello,

Thank you.

Yes it does to a large extent. If your PT results are lousy, why would they waste the time to call you down for interview when there so many other more outstanding candidates waiting in line for interview

Unregistered 02-10-2017 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 100566)
Hi , dun worry mate , i havent even go for interview , still in the midst of preparing all my documents. So maybe they are still processing your application. As what others said , no news may mean good news! May i know which logistics position you applied for? Is it executive (logistics)? Thanks! Dun be despair yea? :)

Yes, executive (Logistics).

Unregistered 02-10-2017 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 100567)
Hi , and can i know what kind of qns they ask u during the interview? Did u went for the psychometric test? Thanks thanks!

Nope I didn't went for the PT.

Unregistered 03-10-2017 08:38 AM

Can anyone share more details on medical and security clearance? What's the process and what do they check for?

Unregistered 03-10-2017 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 100633)
Yes, executive (Logistics).

Care to share what they ask during interview? And have they contacted u?

Unregistered 04-10-2017 03:39 AM

I did the pyschometric test a month ago, but have received no replies yet. I did drop HR an email to enquire on the status of my application just last week but have not received any replies either.

Anyone faced similar situations?

Unregistered 04-10-2017 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 100605)
Hi! Thanks for the info! Sorry arh , got quite a few burning question , what exactly does a dxea does in your camp? Cos the job description should be more than what it is advertised right? Thanks!

too many roles and responsibility to describe. yes, what is advertised is a general description. you will be overloaded by the actual job because of the many additional projects outside of your primary job. mindef is very good at saving money in this sense by asking 1 person to do a 2-3 person job. keep in mind and be prepared to get frustrated when you dont have time to complete your primary jobs. a DXO job isnt as rosy as what the public perceive.