Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq.html)

Unregistered 12-02-2015 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 62635)
is your degree/dip in comms? what did you apply for originally?

it's weird that they don't provide additional info so you can prepare for the interview. do you at least know if it's internal or external comms?

2nd upper in comms! i applied for hr. nope, they did not mention whether it's internal or external comms. the email only stated "assessing your job application for communications position"

just to clarify again, i've not been shortlisted for the interview yet.

Fearoftheunknown 12-02-2015 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 62639)
2nd upper in comms! i applied for hr. nope, they did not mention whether it's internal or external comms. the email only stated "assessing your job application for communications position"

just to clarify again, i've not been shortlisted for the interview yet.

So it turns out to be true. Those who study comms are "doomed" to work in comms position or media industry, and never in other corporate positions.

Unregistered 12-02-2015 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fearoftheunknown (Post 62646)
So it turns out to be true. Those who study comms are "doomed" to work in comms position or media industry, and never in other corporate positions.

I'm not that keen on doing comms so I might turn down mindef's offer (assuming that I'm shortlisted).

Unregistered 13-02-2015 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fearoftheunknown (Post 62646)

Yep, i'm a comms degree holder as well and I find this to be true.

Tried applying to general 'degree in any discipline' type of jobs but no luck with those.

Unregistered 13-02-2015 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 62674)
Yep, i'm a comms degree holder as well and I find this to be true.

Tried applying to general 'degree in any discipline' type of jobs but no luck with those.

I beg to differ. I applied for several comms positions but have yet to get shortlisted for interviews. On the other hand I've gotten a few replies from those general 'degree in any discipline' type of jobs.
I'm beginning to think if it's because I lack real world working experience in comms. I'm currently working in a job unrelated to comms, and it's hard to make a switch back as they always state 'at least X year of working experience in comms' in the job requirements.
Anyone facing the same problem as me?

Unregistered 13-02-2015 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 62704)
I beg to differ. I applied for several comms positions but have yet to get shortlisted for interviews. On the other hand I've gotten a few replies from those general 'degree in any discipline' type of jobs.
I'm beginning to think if it's because I lack real world working experience in comms. I'm currently working in a job unrelated to comms, and it's hard to make a switch back as they always state 'at least X year of working experience in comms' in the job requirements.
Anyone facing the same problem as me?

it's not just comms. HR jobs all require "at least X year of experience" too.

seems like no one wants to hire fresh grads. how am i supposed to gain experience then! it's so frustrating.

Unregistered 15-02-2015 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 62655)
I'm not that keen on doing comms so I might turn down mindef's offer (assuming that I'm shortlisted).

Hmm, shall we add one more thing to the equation? Are you female or male?

Unregistered 16-02-2015 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 62765)
Hmm, shall we add one more thing to the equation? Are you female or male?

female. why?

Unregistered 17-02-2015 06:10 PM

Hi all,
anyone have any idea about the role IT System Management?
What i understand from the DXO site is quite brief.

Any kind soul can share more about this role?

Unregistered 26-02-2015 09:36 AM

Hi all,

Anyone who sat for the 4th Feb psychometric test gotten a call for interview yet?

Unregistered 27-02-2015 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 63349)
Hi all,

Anyone who sat for the 4th Feb psychometric test gotten a call for interview yet?

It's not helpful to ask such a question as the people who have sat for the test on the 4th of Feb could all be applying for positions different to yours, and whether an applicant gets a notification to come down for an interview depends largely on:

1. Whether there have been sufficient numbers of qualified people applying for your position who have passed the test to be screened all at once

2. Whether the panel of interviewers are free to come down to interview you all

Why don't you call MINDEF HR to enquire about the status of your application?

wahahaha 03-03-2015 11:42 PM

Hi everyone,,

Just wondering if anyone has any information on overseas DXO posting to Brunei ? If so, would you care to share about the details of the posting ? E.g. Accommodation, probation period, remuneration and overseas allowance (if comfortable with sharing), etc ?

Much appreciated !

Unregistered 04-03-2015 01:03 AM

Hello!
Has anyone who applied the comms or hr position and sat for the feb psychometric test receive any call/email for interview or rejection? Thanks

Unregistered 06-03-2015 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 62655)

why do you not want to do comms since you already hold a comms deg?

Unregistered 09-03-2015 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 63401)
It's not helpful to ask such a question as the people who have sat for the test on the 4th of Feb could all be applying for positions different to yours, and whether an applicant gets a notification to come down for an interview depends largely on:

1. Whether there have been sufficient numbers of qualified people applying for your position who have passed the test to be screened all at once

2. Whether the panel of interviewers are free to come down to interview you all

Why don't you call MINDEF HR to enquire about the status of your application?

I applied for finance executive brunei. Not sure about the terms have not discuss with HR. Going to medical check next week.

Unregistered 10-03-2015 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 63836)
I applied for finance executive brunei. Not sure about the terms have not discuss with HR. Going to medical check next week.

That is fast. You've reached the medical check stage in just slightly more than a month of sitting for your psychometric test.

When was your interview? Was it a panel interview? Were there others applying for the position as well?

Unregistered 12-03-2015 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 63874)
That is fast. You've reached the medical check stage in just slightly more than a month of sitting for your psychometric test.

When was your interview? Was it a panel interview? Were there others applying for the position as well?

From my knowledge i saw at least 5 applicants including me.

It was a panel interview with a COL, LTC, (2 males) and G5 army, finance, HR ( 3 females).
They were very pleased with my interview, were smiling and delighted throughout. When i asked if there was any more interview. They said they were decisive in recruiting lol! At the end they also asked about pending jobs do i have.

Applied for position: somewhere mid Jan
Psychometric test: 4 Feb
Interview: 17 feb
Medical check Up: 12 March

Basically every stage need to take 2 to 3 weeks to process. Then the HR will call u and arrange a date. Basically from no news = good news.

Unregistered 22-03-2015 08:40 PM

Hi, I have applied for logistics executive and have been called up for site visit. They are shortlisting me for 2 positions and I am quite confused. Am I already selected and they are just trying to offer me a choice or they are still considering? Is there still interview during the site visit? Thank you so much for your kind attention.

Unregistered 24-03-2015 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 64480)
Hi, I have applied for logistics executive and have been called up for site visit. They are shortlisting me for 2 positions and I am quite confused. Am I already selected and they are just trying to offer me a choice or they are still considering? Is there still interview during the site visit? Thank you so much for your kind attention.

Treat the "site visit" or unit preview as an interview. They are still assessing your suitability until you sign the contract.

Unregistered 24-03-2015 01:32 PM

Hi, am going for the site preview soon... any idea how long usually a site preview takes? and if we are shortlisted further after the site preview, when will they let us know their decision? thank so much :)

Unregistered 24-03-2015 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 64004)

It was a panel interview with a COL, LTC, (2 males) and G5 army, finance, HR ( 3 females).
They were very pleased with my interview, were smiling and delighted throughout. When i asked if there was any more interview. They said they were decisive in recruiting lol! At the end they also asked about pending jobs do i have.

Basically every stage need to take 2 to 3 weeks to process. Then the HR will call u and arrange a date. Basically from no news = good news.

No news = good news? You're certain that's how MINDEF operates? Haha. I'm currently in a 'no news' stage and I'm wondering if that's a good thing.

Unregistered 24-03-2015 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 64535)
No news = good news? You're certain that's how MINDEF operates? Haha. I'm currently in a 'no news' stage and I'm wondering if that's a good thing.

Depends on how long your "no news" stage has been...

Unregistered 25-03-2015 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 64540)

What if it's been a week or so since my last correspondence with MINDEF? Good or bad news, MINDEF HR will get back to you at the end of the day right?

Unregistered 25-03-2015 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 64004)

Nice! Does this mean that you've gotten the job already? (:

Unregistered 25-03-2015 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 64563)
What if it's been a week or so since my last correspondence with MINDEF? Good or bad news, MINDEF HR will get back to you at the end of the day right?

i think one week is reasonable. some ppl waited for months. i myself waited for 2mths after the psychometric test. give them more time!

Unregistered 26-03-2015 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 64569)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 64569)
i think one week is reasonable. some ppl waited for months. i myself waited for 2mths after the psychometric test. give them more time!

Have you completed the other interview stages? How long did you wait between each stage?

Can waiting a long time for a response further down the interview process be an indication that something might have gone wrong?

Unregistered 26-03-2015 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 64567)
Nice! Does this mean that you've gotten the job already? (:

yes if i passed my medical, but they still have not got back to me

Unregistered 26-03-2015 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 64580)
Have you completed the other interview stages? How long did you wait between each stage?

Can waiting a long time for a response further down the interview process be an indication that something might have gone wrong?

the minimum is 2 to 4 weeks. Dont worry lol. Maybe the position u applied for have not enough ppl so they waiting for more ppl to apply.

Unregistered 26-03-2015 07:49 PM

Hey guys!
I just went for DXO interview today which is exactly 2 weeks after my psychometric test. Does anyone have an idea as to what is the general passing rate in the interview? And roughly how long it takes for us to know the outcome?

Unregistered 26-03-2015 09:54 PM

Hi guys, does anyone know how long it takes after a site preview before HR will get back to us?

Unregistered 26-03-2015 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 64594)
Hey guys!
I just went for DXO interview today which is exactly 2 weeks after my psychometric test. Does anyone have an idea as to what is the general passing rate in the interview? And roughly how long it takes for us to know the outcome?

Hi there, i got to know my outcome just one day after my interview! good luck! :) i think they are pretty efficient for those who pass the interview.

Unregistered 26-03-2015 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 64601)
Hi there, i got to know my outcome just one day after my interview! good luck! :) i think they are pretty efficient for those who pass the interview.

Hi. Thanks for the information! Actually how do you think the interviewers reactions were during the interview? Because I had a feeling that they weren't too impressed with my answer for one of the questions and my interview only lasted for 15 mins... Which position did you apply for?

Unregistered 27-03-2015 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 64592)
yes if i passed my medical, but they still have not got back to me

Wow. Another hurdle to cross. Have there been cases of people failing their medical screening? I heard that it's the same medical screening that pre-enlistees go through?

That can't be that bad right?

Unregistered 30-03-2015 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 64601)

when was your interview? and for which position?

Unregistered 31-03-2015 07:39 PM

Hi all,

does anyone know if i were to be rejected in the unit preview stage, would they get back to me and tell me i am rejected? or will just leave me hanging?

Unregistered 31-03-2015 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 64766)
Hi all,

does anyone know if i were to be rejected in the unit preview stage, would they get back to me and tell me i am rejected? or will just leave me hanging?

They will definitely inform u, but if u r selected u usually know within a week, beyond that u less the candidate drops out u probably wont get the role.

Unregistered 01-04-2015 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 64787)
They will definitely inform u, but if u r selected u usually know within a week, beyond that u less the candidate drops out u probably wont get the role.

Hi there, thanks for the reply!! So if i am rejected, do you know around how long would they take to inform me of the rejection?

Unregistered 01-04-2015 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 64791)
Hi there, thanks for the reply!! So if i am rejected, do you know around how long would they take to inform me of the rejection?

Arnd a few months, cuz they need to confirm the candidate they have in mind did not drop out after all the clearance.

Unregistered 01-04-2015 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 64798)
Arnd a few months, cuz they need to confirm the candidate they have in mind did not drop out after all the clearance.

So, you're saying that it takes a few months after the site visit for all the remaining clearances of the selected candidate to be completed?

Other than the medical screening, what other clearances are there?

Unregistered 01-04-2015 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 64819)
So, you're saying that it takes a few months after the site visit for all the remaining clearances of the selected candidate to be completed?

Other than the medical screening, what other clearances are there?

It really depend on the role, medical clearance, security clearance, final management approval...etc

Mine took 2.5months after site visit, 2nd time took 3 months (I resigned and joined and went thru everything again)