Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Job Application with MOE (non-teaching position) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1593-job-application-ministry-education-singapore-non-teaching-position.html)

Unregistered 25-02-2021 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 156816)
Hi All. Anyone applied for Social Welfare Officer with MOE recently?

I mis-read as senior warrant officer

Unregistered 25-02-2021 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 157057)
Hi, yes I did

Just wondering have you gotten a reply from MOE? I understand it states that a reply can be expected after 4 weeks. But just curious

Unregistered 25-02-2021 08:58 PM

Outdoor Adventure Educator

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 157117)
Just wondering have you gotten a reply from MOE? I understand it states that a reply can be expected after 4 weeks. But just curious

I’ve gotten a reply from them about 1wk from the closing date and was shortlisted for an interview. How about you, any news yet?

Unregistered 25-02-2021 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 157119)
I’ve gotten a reply from them about 1wk from the closing date and was shortlisted for an interview. How about you, any news yet?

No news yet thus far. The closing date was 5 Feb, so I’m guessing you got a reply from them at the end of January? May I ask when did you submit your application? I’m guessing no news means not shortlisted.

Unregistered 25-02-2021 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 157132)
No news yet thus far. The closing date was 5 Feb, so I’m guessing you got a reply from them at the end of January? May I ask when did you submit your application? I’m guessing no news means not shortlisted.

Applied on 04/02/21
Received Update slightly after mid-Feb

Don’t lose hope! They don’t always reply on time; it takes them a few days to even months. MOE’s jobs (usually) have hundreds of applicants, so they will take some time too 💪🏼💪🏼

Unregistered 26-02-2021 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 157155)
Applied on 04/02/21
Received Update slightly after mid-Feb

Don’t lose hope! They don’t always reply on time; it takes them a few days to even months. MOE’s jobs (usually) have hundreds of applicants, so they will take some time too 💪🏼💪🏼

Thank you. If you don’t mind me asking, do you have previous experience in a job of similar nature? When have they scheduled you for an interview? All the best! :)

Unregistered 26-02-2021 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 157168)
Thank you. If you don’t mind me asking, do you have previous experience in a job of similar nature? When have they scheduled you for an interview? All the best! :)

Hmm nope, I only indicate my interest upon applying for this position. Thank you for kind wishes/encouragement :) I went for the interview a few days ago and mannn it was nerve-racking 🥴 but well, hopefully I get the job! Otherwise it’s another round of job searching T-T.

How about you? Do you have any previous experience prior to this job? Hopefully, you’ll get an update from them soon! :)

Unregistered 26-02-2021 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 157191)
Hmm nope, I only indicate my interest upon applying for this position. Thank you for kind wishes/encouragement :) I went for the interview a few days ago and mannn it was nerve-racking 🥴 but well, hopefully I get the job! Otherwise it’s another round of job searching T-T.

How about you? Do you have any previous experience prior to this job? Hopefully, you’ll get an update from them soon! :)

I see. Did they mention when they’ll be getting back to you about whether you get the job? Glad that you managed to complete the interview! I think MOE interviews are usually pretty nerve-racking. What were some of the questions that they asked?

I have teaching experience but that’s about it, really. No experience in conducting outdoor education though.

Unregistered 26-02-2021 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 157196)
I see. Did they mention when they’ll be getting back to you about whether you get the job? Glad that you managed to complete the interview! I think MOE interviews are usually pretty nerve-racking. What were some of the questions that they asked?

I have teaching experience but that’s about it, really. No experience in conducting outdoor education though.

Nope, they don’t really disclose when they will be getting back to the interviewees and normally when you call them up, they will just tell you that it’s still in process. Although, I hope that they will reply fast. Can’t be doing nothing and just keep waiting you know but yeahh then again, they make the choice. 😌

Questions asked were pretty general.
(a) Why do you want to join this industry?
(b) Do you maintain a healthy lifestyle?
(c) Any experience in coaching or guiding students?
(d) Are you afraid of heights and water?

Ohh, teaching experience as in you taught students in Primary/Secondary Sch? For how long? I think that’s also an advantage for you! Being able to talk to a big group of students 👍🏼

Unregistered 26-02-2021 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 157197)
Nope, they don’t really disclose when they will be getting back to the interviewees and normally when you call them up, they will just tell you that it’s still in process. Although, I hope that they will reply fast. Can’t be doing nothing and just keep waiting you know but yeahh then again, they make the choice. 😌

Ohh, teaching experience as in you taught students in Primary/Secondary Sch? For how long? I think that’s also an advantage for you! Being able to talk to a big group of students 👍🏼

I told them I liked to look at gers in short skirts

Unregistered 26-02-2021 05:32 PM

Quote:

Yeah, agree. It’s like playing a waiting game cause you don’t know whether they’ll be offering the role to you or not and when they’ll do so. And even if they don’t, I hope they do it sooner rather than later so that there is a form of closure. But I hope you receive good news!

Ah I see. Indeed pretty general questions and quite related to the job that they are advertising. How many people were on the panel of interviewers? Yes, I’m currently teaching in a secondary school but I would like to have a change, which is why I applied for it too 🙂

Unregistered 26-02-2021 06:15 PM

Quote:

Yeah, it’s like playing a waiting game cause you don’t know whether they’ll offer the position to you and when they’ll do it. But like you mentioned, I think there are many applicants so they’ll take some time to get through them.

Oh ok, I see. Indeed pretty general question but also quite related to the position that they have advertised. How many people were on the panel of interviewers?

Yes, I have experience teaching in a secondary school. Am still teaching now actually. But I’m really keen on outdoor education, hence I applied for the role :)

Unregistered 27-02-2021 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 157212)
Yeah, it’s like playing a waiting game cause you don’t know whether they’ll offer the position to you and when they’ll do it. But like you mentioned, I think there are many applicants so they’ll take some time to get through them.

Oh ok, I see. Indeed pretty general question but also quite related to the position that they have advertised. How many people were on the panel of interviewers?

Yes, I have experience teaching in a secondary school. Am still teaching now actually. But I’m really keen on outdoor education, hence I applied for the role :)

Yeap, pretty general. They want to know why you’re really interested in this position and whether you are ready enough for it.

There were a total of 4. 3 of them took turns to ask question while the other 1 was just typing what you said.

Ahhh I see, that’s good! Hopefully they get back to you soon!!

Unregistered 01-03-2021 01:20 PM

Student Welfare Officer

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 156816)
Hi All. Anyone applied for Social Welfare Officer with MOE recently?

Yeah I applied last year June/Jul and went for interview in late Aug and got update in mid Oct to ask for employment history and medical appt.

Once cleared, they will ask for referrals from your current employment. Last stage.

Unregistered 01-03-2021 04:30 PM

Can anyone shed some light about the admin manager role in MOE? (E.g daily deliverables, package)?

Tyia

Unregistered 01-03-2021 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 157385)
Can anyone shed some light about the admin manager role in MOE? (E.g daily deliverables, package)?

Tyia

Manage daily mail flow, top up beans in coffee machine, order stationery for office etc

Unregistered 02-03-2021 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 157392)
Manage daily mail flow, top up beans in coffee machine, order stationery for office etc

basically ensures the office and facilities is running.

chlennis 22-03-2021 09:45 AM

Anyone applied the SWO role recently?

I applied and had went for interview on 10 March. Hoping to see if anyone applied and had gotten updates. Thanks.

Unregistered 18-04-2021 05:37 PM

School Counsellor (Untrained position)

Hey guys!

Anyone applied for the Untrained School Counsellor position?

Thanks!! :)

Unregistered 04-05-2021 03:00 PM

MOE Counsellor (untrained)

Hi there.
I was shortlisted and was asked to fill in a questionnaire (true/false - personality type assessment) and some IQ logic questions.

Waiting for next stage of progress.

Anyone has same experience?

Unregistered 04-05-2021 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 167543)
Hi there.
I was shortlisted and was asked to fill in a questionnaire (true/false - personality type assessment) and some IQ logic questions.

Hi,

Thank you for the reply! May I check if you had applied recently, for the April 2021 application?

Thanks!!

Unregistered 06-05-2021 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 167593)
Hi,

Thank you for the reply! May I check if you had applied recently, for the April 2021 application?

Thanks!!

hi there....

yes this is for the April 2021 application

Unregistered 07-05-2021 12:12 AM

School Operations Manager

Can anyone provide info on how much an School Operations Manager is paid?
Tks.

Unregistered 07-05-2021 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 167899)
Tks.

No, go ask ur HR. Dumb question

Unregistered 18-06-2021 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 167899)
Tks.

anyone knows?

Unregistered 18-06-2021 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 174633)
anyone knows?

It depends on ur exp bro, nowadays they hire newbie OM give entry level pay like other entry level diploma holders.. with ur newbie pay, there are so many responsibilities under u..

Unregistered 05-07-2021 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 167543)
Hi there.

Hi there! I am intending to apply for the Untrained School Counsellor position once the application is out. Can I know how was the process like?

Thanks for your time! :)

Unregistered 06-07-2021 01:50 PM

Hi, i dont usually comment on threads but because i have applied for the position of untrained school counsellor myself and went through the process and have been looking for others’ experiences on this. I wanna help others too!

Seriously, its the toughest interview ive been to. Ive had 3 successful offers with other ministries since i graduated and the interviews were not as tough as this. And to think i really prepared for it. Whatever negative reviews u read on glassdoor, it is true. Tho i believe it depends on ur interviewers bt i wld think that the more challenging interviews shld be by the same few interviewers. They will really drill you and question your intentions on applying for the job. Why this, why not apply other helping professions since u want to help others? Alot of questions on your resilience, coping, and how committed and dedicated you are for a very highly demanding and mentally draining job. They also make alot of reference to your past jobs and also what kind of jobs ure looking for now. I think this is to sieve out those who apply “just to try”. Afterall, they will be paying for your training + giving full monthly salary and u will be bonded for 2 yrs aft training.

Once youre shortlisted, u will have to complete some IQ quiz which is not too difficult, qns also include abt ur morals, personality & coping. U will also have to ask ur referee to fill up an excel sheet, assessing somewhat ur counselling, people n problem solving skills. After which there will be two rounds of interview (if u pass the first one).

So yeah, i hope this is helpful and just come fully prepared. Be confident and must put aside pride/ego bcos seriously aft the interview you can actually feel personally attacked and abit like character assassination hah! It would be great to also read up on resources on the intent of qns posed by interviewers, bcos i personally feel their questions are not straightforward tho it may seem so. There are specific answers and qualities theyre looking for as with all other interviews bt its just that this stood out more for me!

Unregistered 10-07-2021 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 177019)
Hi, i dont usually comment on threads but because i have applied for the position of untrained school counsellor myself and went through the process and have been looking for others’ experiences on this. I wanna help others too!

Seriously, its the toughest interview ive been to. Ive had 3 successful offers with other ministries since i graduated and the interviews were not as tough as this. And to think i really prepared for it. Whatever negative reviews u read on glassdoor, it is true. Tho i believe it depends on ur interviewers bt i wld think that the more challenging interviews shld be by the same few interviewers. They will really drill you and question your intentions on applying for the job. Why this, why not apply other helping professions since u want to help others? Alot of questions on your resilience, coping, and how committed and dedicated you are for a very highly demanding and mentally draining job. They also make alot of reference to your past jobs and also what kind of jobs ure looking for now. I think this is to sieve out those who apply “just to try”. Afterall, they will be paying for your training + giving full monthly salary and u will be bonded for 2 yrs aft training.

Once youre shortlisted, u will have to complete some IQ quiz which is not too difficult, qns also include abt ur morals, personality & coping. U will also have to ask ur referee to fill up an excel sheet, assessing somewhat ur counselling, people n problem solving skills. After which there will be two rounds of interview (if u pass the first one).

So yeah, i hope this is helpful and just come fully prepared. Be confident and must put aside pride/ego bcos seriously aft the interview you can actually feel personally attacked and abit like character assassination hah! It would be great to also read up on resources on the intent of qns posed by interviewers, bcos i personally feel their questions are not straightforward tho it may seem so. There are specific answers and qualities theyre looking for as with all other interviews bt its just that this stood out more for me!

Hi there! Thank you so much for the detailed information. It has certainly provided me with great insights on what I am applying for! hahha!

May I ask, what were some of the interview questions the interview questions they asked? Thanks so much for your time! :)

Unregistered 15-07-2021 09:36 AM

Quote:

Hi, may I know when did you go for the interview and what was your outcome? Generally agree with what you said, except that my interviewers were generally ok. They had a standard model answer that they were looking for so if your answers do not fit, they will tell you so (which I thought was odd) May I know if you advance beyond the first round, who are your interviewers and what do they ask? I'm still awaiting the results of my first interview (likely know by Aug)

Unregistered 18-07-2021 05:16 PM

School Counsellor (Untrained position)

Hey everyone! I applied for the Untrained School Counsellor position recently (July 2021). Anyone else applied for this position as well? :)

midcareersg 20-07-2021 10:51 AM

ECG Counsellor

Hi,

I just saw that the application is open for ECG Counsellor from 19-Jul to 1-Aug. Is anyone interested in applying for it or can anyone share some insight about the role?

Would like to know more about the qualifications required, interview process, scope of work, salary, working hours etc.

Thank you in advance!

Unregistered 27-07-2021 08:19 AM

Hello! Anyone applied for an executive position at MOE HQ before? How long do they usually take to shortlist after application and after first interview? Thanks in advance!

Unregistered 30-07-2021 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 147549)
Just to update this thread, received the email that I am not successful today.

Hi im sorry for the unfavourable outcome. May i know how long from the interview date did you get the outcome email.

Unregistered 30-07-2021 03:02 PM

Quote:

Hi there, how did you come to consider that there are two rounds for the interview? Cos from what i heard its only one round.

Unregistered 07-08-2021 11:02 AM

Untrained School Counsellor

Hi there!

Anyone received any updates for this position? I had recently applied for the July 2021 window.

Thanks! :)

Unregistered 10-08-2021 02:37 PM

Hello,

I have also applied for the Untrained School Counsellor position but have not received any updates at all :(

Thanks!

Unregistered 10-08-2021 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179786)
Hello,

I have also applied for the Untrained School Counsellor position but have not received any updates at all :(

Thanks!

Hi there! Me too
Let's hope for the best! :)

Unregistered 11-08-2021 08:26 PM

Untrained sch counsellor

Hi there anyone applied for july 2021 round for untrained sch counsellor position? Do yall know whats the hiring timeline like? ☹️

Unregistered 11-08-2021 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179895)
Hi there anyone applied for july 2021 round for untrained sch counsellor position? Do yall know whats the hiring timeline like? ☹️

Hi there!

I applied for the July 2021 window, but I've not received any updates yet. When I applied, they sent an email saying that it will take about 4-6 weeks to process the application.

Hope we'll get a reply soon!