Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Job Application with MOE (non-teaching position) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1593-job-application-ministry-education-singapore-non-teaching-position.html)

Unregistered 02-03-2020 10:09 PM

Hi, did anyone go for the MOE non teaching position recently?

smartboy 03-03-2020 08:20 PM

nope currently. will try

Unregistered 03-03-2020 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smartboy (Post 129621)
nope currently. will try

U r going for an interview with MOE soon?

Unregistered 01-04-2020 01:02 PM

Vpa

Hi, I would like to find out if anyone has gone for interview recently with MOE for VPA position? Or if anyone had been hired as one in recent years who can share his or her experience in the job?

Unregistered 18-08-2020 11:37 AM

Operations Manager (Adjunct)

Have anyone been contacted for the role of Operations Manager (Adjunct) that was recent, probably, June 2020 period?

Unregistered 18-08-2020 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 103905)
Hi KPO. That's good news. Hope you have already got something so far. I been to some interviews too. Although it was not mentioned outright, our age is definitely a factor in their consideration. Cheers.

Which number to call for HR?

Unregistered 25-08-2020 12:44 AM

MOE Counsellor (Untrained)

Has anyone applied for this position recently? How long does it take for HR to shortlist for interview? Is the interview very hard? Is the turnover rate high for School Counsellors?

Unregistered 26-08-2020 06:54 PM

School Counsellor

What's the age limit?

Unregistered 26-08-2020 08:09 PM

Moe teaching application

Has anyone received an interview for the recent application that closed on 9 august?

Unregistered 27-08-2020 05:25 PM

Hi all,

I just want to check, for senior head positions at MOE/positions at HQ, what is the hiring timeline?

Had my interview early Aug, and HR was efficient in asking for CPF statements and references the next day after the interview. It has been 3 weeks since, and there is no news.

Very worried.

Unregistered 31-08-2020 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144431)
Has anyone applied for this position recently? How long does it take for HR to shortlist for interview? Is the interview very hard? Is the turnover rate high for School Counsellors?

Shortlisted? applied in July...till now totally no news.

Unregistered 02-09-2020 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144790)
Shortlisted? applied in July...till now totally no news.

Did u apply for trained, or untrained counsellor? Can u update here once u have been shortlisted for interview?

Unregistered 14-09-2020 02:35 PM

Student Welfare Officer

Anyone applied for the Aug / Sep 2020 recruitment? Have you received any update on the job application status?

Anxious 14-09-2020 03:37 PM

MOE Interview during Covid

I applied for counsellor untrained which closed on 11 Sep. Anyone knows when we know whether rejected or shortlisted for interview? If interview during Covid 19 period, need to remove mask?

Unregistered 14-09-2020 04:30 PM

Hi

Anyone applied for School Counsellor (Trained) position? The closing date is 30/9, so does it mean they will only shortlist candidates after that? or they will start calling suitable candidates even before closing date?

Very stressful to keep waiting n waiting...

Unregistered 14-09-2020 06:19 PM

Anxious too

I applied for the Student Counsellor (untrained) role too. Waiting for an update to the status. It has been at the status "submitted" for the last two weeks.

Unregistered 16-09-2020 04:57 PM

Anyone got an offer after the interview, how long it takes?

Anxious 18-09-2020 03:59 PM

School Counsellor (Untrained)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 145561)
I applied for the Student Counsellor (untrained) role too. Waiting for an update to the status. It has been at the status "submitted" for the last two weeks.

I applied for this role more than a month ago and the status is still "submitted". Do I still stand a chance?

Unregistered 18-09-2020 06:45 PM

Think there is still hope

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anxious (Post 145840)
I applied for this role more than a month ago and the status is still "submitted". Do I still stand a chance?

According to the system generated email, "All applications will be kept for consideration for 2 months from date of application, and you can consider your application as unsuccessful if you do not hear from us by then.". So if it still within 2 months from the date of application, there is still hope (=

I would think that the HR is flooded with many applications and they would need time to filter the applicants. As long as there are relevant experiences, they should consider the applicant. I am keeping myself hopeful to receive an update on the status soon.

Unregistered 20-09-2020 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 145561)

If hr is considering your application and has downloaded your resume, it should be 'in progress' already within 1 week. If its still 'submitted', can assume you are not considered. Move on to find other jobs.

Unregistered 27-09-2020 08:38 PM

School Counselor (Untrained)

Just got an email from HR (on a Sunday) that I have been shortlisted for the interview as a Counselor to be held on 8 Oct. So far, no instruction to submit documents but they did require one of my character referee to send them an excel document highlighting my attributes (part of the assessment process I think).

I am actually not so sure about the pay scale and whether if the pay cut is significant. Can’t find much info online. While the job as a school Counselor is noble, I do have a family to care for. My current gross is about $6.1k.

Also, what is the training in NIE like?

Anxious 28-09-2020 12:35 AM

School Counsellor (untrained)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 146305)
Just got an email from HR (on a Sunday) that I have been shortlisted for the interview as a Counselor to be held on 8 Oct. So far, no instruction to submit documents but they did require one of my character referee to send them an excel document highlighting my attributes (part of the assessment process I think).

I am actually not so sure about the pay scale and whether if the pay cut is significant. Can’t find much info online. While the job as a school Counselor is noble, I do have a family to care for. My current gross is about $6.1k.

Lucky you! Congratulations! I submitted application in mid August and have yet to get a response. I think my chances of getting shortlisted is close to zero.

Unregistered 29-09-2020 01:02 PM

Hi

Anyone, shortlisted for Trained School Counsellor Position? Care to share? Got an email from HR requesting for documents. Just wondering after submitting how long do I have to wait for the interview.

Hoping for the Best

Unregistered 30-09-2020 04:55 AM

Quote:

The starting pay for untrained counsellor is from $2700+-$4300+.

Pay cut is alot.

Unregistered 30-09-2020 09:12 AM

Hello,

I am shortlisted for Trained School Counsellor Position. Can someone share your experience for the interview if you have gone thru it. And what dress code is good for the interview?

Thank you in advance.

Anxious and Excited.

Unregistered 02-10-2020 12:30 PM

Hello,

Anyone, any news from MOE for Trained/Untrained Counsellor Position?

Waiting Blindly - Anxious waiting

Unregistered 02-10-2020 02:00 PM

Hello, anyone know how long is the wait after interview for the offer if any? TIA

Unregistered 03-10-2020 06:07 AM

There is only 1 counsellor in every school. You can do the math. These days, counselors are on contract based at least initially... To be honest, not worth it. Being a teacher is better.

Unregistered 07-10-2020 11:00 AM

After interview, need wait how long?

Hi,

I just finished my interview last Thursday (1st Oct) @ MOE HQ for a executive position in one of their policy group.

Yet to hear from the HR until now.
Any idea how long it will takes usually?

Thanks!

Unregistered 07-10-2020 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 146553)
Hello, anyone know how long is the wait after interview for the offer if any? TIA

I giving myself 1-2 weeks after the interview. Otherwise, I take it as unsuccessful.

Unregistered 07-10-2020 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 146362)
Hi

Anyone, shortlisted for Trained School Counsellor Position? Care to share? Got an email from HR requesting for documents. Just wondering after submitting how long do I have to wait for the interview.

Hoping for the Best

I am also shortlisted for Trained School Counsellor. Interview on 22 October.

Unregistered 07-10-2020 07:53 PM

Quote:

Pls share the details of the interview. Thanks

Unregistered 08-10-2020 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 146964)
I am also shortlisted for Trained School Counsellor. Interview on 22 October.

Hello,

My interview also on 22 October. All the Best!!!

Anxious

Unregistered 10-10-2020 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 146965)
Pls share the details of the interview. Thanks

Interview was pretty standard. Total 3 interviewers - One Lead Counsellor, One Principal and One HR personnel.

Basically, they asked why u wanna be a counsellor, they will also give u a scenario if u are faced with difficult parents. Questions were pretty expected and nothing out of the ordinary.

Unregistered 10-10-2020 08:45 PM

Thanks for sharing! But were you given an offer or you have to wait for their reply?

Unregistered 11-10-2020 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 147126)
Thanks for sharing! But were you given an offer or you have to wait for their reply?

Have to wait for their reply. Maybe in two weeks? Not really sure. But from their timeline, sch stint starts in Jan 2021. So signing of documents could be late Nov 2020.

Unregistered 18-10-2020 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 147173)
Have to wait for their reply. Maybe in two weeks? Not really sure. But from their timeline, sch stint starts in Jan 2021. So signing of documents could be late Nov 2020.

Just to update this thread, received the email that I am not successful today.

Unregistered 19-10-2020 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 147549)

Thanks for sharing!

Unregistered 20-10-2020 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 147549)

During the interview, did the interviewers hint anything about what they were looking for?

XXYY 21-10-2020 03:09 PM

Did you receive any reply from MOE so far? I went to MOE for interview on 13 Oct but did not get any news after that. Not sure how long I should wait....The position I applied is PGDE untrained teacher....