Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Job Application with MOE (non-teaching position) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1593-job-application-ministry-education-singapore-non-teaching-position.html)

Unregistered 22-10-2020 10:01 AM

Hello,

Can anyone share, for school counsellor interview how long was the interview? 30min or 1hr?

Anxious

Unregistered 22-10-2020 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 147801)
Hello,

Can anyone share, for school counsellor interview how long was the interview? 30min or 1hr?

Anxious

For me the process is about 30 mins. Anyone was there at the 22 Oct 2020 interview?

Unregistered 22-10-2020 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 147811)
For me the process is about 30 mins. Anyone was there at the 22 Oct 2020 interview?

I was there. Interview was hard, they asked many Technical Q and Past Experience...and for the Past Experience they keep asking about the outcome to the person I counsel...My interview was around 30 mins too..

There were a total of 3 interviewer- HR, Lead Counsellor, Principal . (one of them is very strict, other one nice)

Did they say when they will get back to you?

So stressful, dunno if I can get the job....sighed...

Unregistered 22-10-2020 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 147812)
I was there. Interview was hard, they asked many Technical Q and Past Experience...and for the Past Experience they keep asking about the outcome to the person I counsel...My interview was around 30 mins too..

There were a total of 3 interviewer- HR, Lead Counsellor, Principal . (one of them is very strict, other one nice)

Did they say when they will get back to you?

So stressful, dunno if I can get the job....sighed...

Wow, i only did a role play with the lead counsellor. Cos I was told I needed to get more experience by volunteering, so there goes my interview. No mentioned of when they will revert but likely within 2 weeks. The person who interview is the Deputy Director and one lead counsellor.

Unregistered 22-10-2020 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 147813)
Wow, i only did a role play with the lead counsellor. Cos I was told I needed to get more experience by volunteering, so there goes my interview. No mentioned of when they will revert but likely within 2 weeks. The person who interview is the Deputy Director and one lead counsellor.

Stay Positive - All The Best and Good Luck to you.

Unregistered 26-10-2020 12:53 PM

Hello,

Anyone, went for the Trained Counsellor interview today or recently?

Appreciate, if you could kindly share your experience,.

Thank you.

Unregistered 29-10-2020 11:04 AM

Trained School Counsellor
 
Hello,

Anyone went for Trained School Counsellor Position recently? Any updates ? outcome?


Anxious...sleepless night..

Unregistered 02-11-2020 10:58 AM

Hello,

Anyone applied for Trained School Counsellor and got shortlisted for interview?

Kindly share your interview experience.

Thank you.

Unregistered 11-11-2020 06:29 PM

Anyone applied for ECG counsellor recently and got shortlisted?

Unregistered 23-11-2020 01:18 PM

Student Welfare Officer
 
Anyone went/applied for Aug intake and gotten update?

Unregistered 24-11-2020 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149721)
Anyone went/applied for Aug intake and gotten update?

Hi, have you attended an interview for the position?

Unregistered 25-11-2020 02:10 PM

Student Welfare Officer
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149816)
Hi, have you attended an interview for the position?

Yes.
Applied on [email protected]: 31 July
Interview: 31 Aug
Email asking for CPF Statement: 8 Oct
Went for Medical: 15 Oct

Currently still in process

Unregistered 10-12-2020 09:06 PM

Went for interview for trained counselors in November?
 
Any one went for the interview and waiting for the outcome?

Unregistered 11-12-2020 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150912)
Any one went for the interview and waiting for the outcome?

think their reply time is varied...

Unregistered 11-12-2020 10:45 AM

personally feel if shortlisted applicants more than positions available they can take their time to select, however if less applicants than positions than will be ethical to call the applicants back within a week...there should be no fear of selecting the wrong candidate cos most people would not lie on an application to a ministry job, there are references check, and there is still probation and performance appriasal later

Unregistered 11-12-2020 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150952)
personally feel if shortlisted applicants more than positions available they can take their time to select, however if less applicants than positions than will be ethical to call the applicants back within a week...there should be no fear of selecting the wrong candidate cos most people would not lie on an application to a ministry job, there are references check, and there is still probation and performance appriasal later

Selecting the wrong applicant is pretty bad for civil service.

They can't just kick you out for bad performance unless you are breaching some major stuff. Even if they are dead-set in replacing you, it still take them months before the approval is given.

Then they have to repeat the whole hiring process.

Unregistered 11-12-2020 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150957)
Selecting the wrong applicant is pretty bad for civil service.

They can't just kick you out for bad performance unless you are breaching some major stuff. Even if they are dead-set in replacing you, it still take them months before the approval is given.

Then they have to repeat the whole hiring process.

selection criteria i am sure is a vigilant and highly scrutinize process base on some models...anyway there are so many black hats from the civil service that have been charged in court so its only as good as it gets...no right or wrong answer to this...since so many inappropriate student teacher relationship cases in the media might as well dont hire males or males who are handsome lol

Unregistered 17-12-2020 10:25 PM

Trained counsellor
 
I guess outcome will be known in January.

Unregistered 17-12-2020 10:26 PM

Trained counsellor
 
Usually, it's within 7 to 14 days but now it seems longer...

Unregistered 18-12-2020 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150952)
personally feel if shortlisted applicants more than positions available they can take their time to select, however if less applicants than positions than will be ethical to call the applicants back within a week...there should be no fear of selecting the wrong candidate cos most people would not lie on an application to a ministry job, there are references check, and there is still probation and performance appriasal later

The Rock- Its doesnt matter what you feel.

Unregistered 21-12-2020 08:45 PM

Hi, anyone applied for school Counsellor without training position? Or has experiences on this before?
Would like to find out more about the training. Given by NIE? what is the training content and can find from NIE website?
What is the pay scale?

How is the benefit working under MOE?

Unregistered 21-12-2020 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 151762)
Hi, anyone applied for school Counsellor without training position? Or has experiences on this before?
Would like to find out more about the training. Given by NIE? what is the training content and can find from NIE website?
What is the pay scale?

How is the benefit working under MOE?

Extremely hard to get in.

Unregistered 11-01-2021 04:17 PM

Hi everyone,

I have some questions with regards to the position of MOE Administration Manager at School. Appreciate if you can give some pointers/comments.

Is MOE Administration Manager a good career choice for individual who wants stability and time to do part-time master/graduate cert?

Does MOE non-teaching role follows MX Scheme?
If yes, which MX grade should I aim for if I have 8 years relevant experience. MX10?

Thank you very much for looking at my queries.

Unregistered 11-01-2021 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 153143)
Hi everyone,

I have some questions with regards to the position of MOE Administration Manager at School. Appreciate if you can give some pointers/comments.

Is MOE Administration Manager a good career choice for individual who wants stability and time to do part-time master/graduate cert?

Does MOE non-teaching role follows MX Scheme?
If yes, which MX grade should I aim for if I have 8 years relevant experience. MX10?

Thank you very much for looking at my queries.

8 year experience is mx11 equiv grade

Unregistered 11-01-2021 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 153150)
8 year experience is mx11 equiv grade

Hi there, thanks for replying!

but I gather that manager post start at grade MX11A right?

MX11, DM / S.Egr
MX11a, DM / M / P Egr
MX10, M / SM / S. P Egr
MX10, SM / PM / DD / P Arc

Thank you.

Regards,
Brandon

Unregistered 11-01-2021 10:57 PM

That admin mgr role is a dead end job, theres nothing to do there to get you promoted.

Unregistered 12-01-2021 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 153180)
That admin mgr role is a dead end job, theres nothing to do there to get you promoted.

Sound pretty bad.... but the workload pretty standard day in day out? likely a trade-off for no prospect job.

Unregistered 12-01-2021 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 153212)
Sound pretty bad.... but the workload pretty standard day in day out? likely a trade-off for no prospect job.

Non teaching staff jobs in schools are like that. Depends on whether you are ok with doing work which may not even be your job in the first place

Unregistered 12-01-2021 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 153216)
Non teaching staff jobs in schools are like that. Depends on whether you are ok with doing work which may not even be your job in the first place

oo okay, seem like a role that will be easily arrowed by colleagues..

Do you know if the admin staffs are still working from home or have they returned to work at school already?

And if this role requires alot of OT? since so many arrow coming from others.

Thank you for sharing.

handsomeburger 15-01-2021 08:18 AM

Hi everyone!

i went for the interview for untrained school counsellor on the first week of Jan. i was wondering whether anyone from the good people here attended to and whether you've heard anything from MOE?

Unregistered 16-01-2021 08:58 PM

How much is the salary of a VP Admin?

Unregistered 18-02-2021 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 153217)
oo okay, seem like a role that will be easily arrowed by colleagues..

Do you know if the admin staffs are still working from home or have they returned to work at school already?

And if this role requires alot of OT? since so many arrow coming from others.

Thank you for sharing.

bump for this.

Unregistered 18-02-2021 06:13 PM

Outdoor Adventure Educator
 
Hi, anyone here who applied for the position of Outdoor Adventure Educator recently?

Unregistered 19-02-2021 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 156494)
bump for this.

Admin all work at school.. No work from home.. Usually school no OT one can go back on time..

Unregistered 19-02-2021 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 153983)
How much is the salary of a VP Admin?

equivalent to a mx scheme DD pay

Unregistered 22-02-2021 09:06 AM

Hi All,

Interviewer told me that the post of Administration Manager need to deal with parents complaint of all kinds.

I thought most or all parents will approach teacher? Is this red flag??

booo 22-02-2021 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 156759)
Hi All,

Interviewer told me that the post of Administration Manager need to deal with parents complaint of all kinds.

I thought most or all parents will approach teacher? Is this red flag??

Already got a huge clue in the title... ADMIN Manager

In other words Saikang Manager

Unregistered 22-02-2021 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 156759)
Hi All,

Interviewer told me that the post of Administration Manager need to deal with parents complaint of all kinds.

I thought most or all parents will approach teacher? Is this red flag??

Teachers are king.. where got time entertain complain.. admin manager handle with the admin team.. hear parents shout at u all.. are u ready??..

Unregistered 22-02-2021 11:07 PM

Hi All. Anyone applied for Social Welfare Officer with MOE recently?

Unregistered 25-02-2021 12:36 PM

Outdoor Adventure Educator
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 156497)
Hi, anyone here who applied for the position of Outdoor Adventure Educator recently?

Hi, yes I did


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 05:15 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2