Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Job Application with MOE (non-teaching position) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1593-job-application-ministry-education-singapore-non-teaching-position.html)

PPP 15-08-2018 11:32 PM

MOE Admin Manager

Hi, I was shortlisted for admin manager position and went for the interview recently. I got to know that they did a reference check on me. Does that mean I have a good chance of getting the offer? Or it’s just HR protocol to do reference check for all shortlisted candidates? Thanks!

Unregistered 15-08-2018 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PPP (Post 109642)
Hi, I was shortlisted for admin manager position and went for the interview recently. I got to know that they did a reference check on me. Does that mean I have a good chance of getting the offer? Or it’s just HR protocol to do reference check for all shortlisted candidates? Thanks!

reference is last stage before formal offer. wish u luck :)

Unregistered 27-08-2018 11:55 PM

Moe school counsellor (w/o qualifications)

Hi all,

I went for an interview for the above position in mid August. Has anyone received any news or replies from MOE?

Any idea whats next after the interview too?

Thanks!

tcyeric 17-10-2018 08:07 AM

Quote:

Mind describing how the process was like from the moment you applied? I applied for the same position recently and would like an understanding of how the process is like

Unregistered 28-01-2019 04:20 PM

Lab Tech Interview

Hello,

I checked my application status in careers@gov, the status is unsuccessful but then I received a call for an interview. I'm so confused right now.

I would like to know what kind of questions being asked for MOE lab tech interview. As this is my first time coming down for an interview in a school, I don't know what to expect. Also, may I know how the process is like?

Thank you so much in advance!

Unregistered 28-01-2019 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 106170)
Hi..did you get the job? I went for MOE school lab tech last friday (23/3/18) on mon (26/3/18) thry called me up for futher documents. Im not sure of i get the job tho.

Hello! May I know how the interview process like and how long do you have to wait for the outcome?

Thanks!

Unregistered 08-04-2019 11:33 AM

MOE School Counsellor (untrained)

Wondering what the training and working hours like for
Moe school counsellor?
Will there be often late night work in school or the hours are
usuly regular?

Unregistered 08-04-2019 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 116567)
Wondering what the training and working hours like for
Moe school counsellor?
Will there be often late night work in school or the hours are
usuly regular?

Lotz of paperwork, run around the school if kids don't automatic look for you. Timing follow teachers. Students often look for u to avoid class. For some reason counsellers don't stay employed very long. Maybe they didn't expect so many problematic kids n parents n teachers who don't care.

Unregistered 08-04-2019 09:15 PM

Quote:

I hope you are not from military. Those jokers treat schools as a place they are entitled to avoid responsibilities and just lip service. Don't have them is more productive than have them around. Stumbling block only.

Maybe by now you got offered already, if your reference hit all the right buttons. Be strict with the kids but be kind to the teachers. Have a system but don't be inflexible. Happy retirement!

Unregistered 09-04-2019 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 116610)
Lotz of paperwork, run around the school if kids don't automatic look for you. Timing follow teachers. Students often look for u to avoid class. For some reason counsellers don't stay employed very long. Maybe they didn't expect so many problematic kids n parents n teachers who don't care.

Thanks for your reply! Timing follow teachers...
So it's like very early starts work,
Around 730am? But can end earlier
When school ends? Cos I still need
To pick my kids from childcare, concerned
If I will have time to settle them if I take up
This job...

Unregistered 11-04-2019 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 116645)
Thanks for your reply! Timing follow teachers...
So it's like very early starts work,
Around 730am? But can end earlier
When school ends? Cos I still need
To pick my kids from childcare, concerned
If I will have time to settle them if I take up
This job...

Depends on your RO and work demands but generally...

Sing majulah together with the whole school
Work stops when school ends
Admin begins until work is cleared coz sometimes paper work is for tomorrow.
Leave the sch, usually 4 or 5 pm latest

This is my observation, but I have heard of better and worse life. Sometimes the school even demands that you go with the teacher to follow up at the students home, so that's likely 7pm visitation. Nope, no OT pay.

I repeat, usually 4 5 pm latest.
This is heart ware work...

Unregistered 28-06-2019 12:03 PM

Has anyone recently applied for moe school counsellor (untrained applicants) and heard from the HR yet?

Unregistered 30-06-2019 02:14 PM

Anyone went to recently operations manager interview?.. fot through the first round but so far no school call for the second round..

Unregistered 04-07-2019 03:10 PM

Aed

Hi! Any idea if there is appointment for briefing for school counsellor positions?

Unregistered 31-07-2019 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 121239)
Hi! Any idea if there is appointment for briefing for school counsellor positions?

Have you received any info? I'm waiting for potential updates on this too

Unregistered 31-07-2019 10:09 PM

MOE HQ Interview

Hello,

Have just been to an interview for a role in MOE HQ last week.

Anyone applied and been to an interview for a MOE HQ role recently?

Unregistered 02-08-2019 11:19 AM

MOE School Counsellor

"Has anyone recently applied for moe school counsellor (untrained applicants) and heard from the HR yet?"

Hello I applied for this position around June'19
Attended SC info session on 17 July'19.
HQ scheduled interview on the last week of July'19
HQ called a week later for additional documents and work history. (1st week of August)
Told me will take 2-3 months for internal processing.

Did this mean I get the job or they are still selecting?

Unregistered 29-08-2019 02:45 PM

moe non teaching job application

I applied for admin executive via career@gov and status shows In Process. It has been more than a month and I've not been called up for interview. Does this mean I do not stand a chance? What does 'In Process' mean? Still shortlisting candidates for interview? I have applied for other position before and status was downright 'Unsuccessful'. ANyone knows how the selection process works?

Unregistered 29-08-2019 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 122941)
I applied for admin executive via career@gov and status shows In Process. It has been more than a month and I've not been called up for interview. Does this mean I do not stand a chance? What does 'In Process' mean? Still shortlisting candidates for interview? I have applied for other position before and status was downright 'Unsuccessful'. ANyone knows how the selection process works?

Probably.. was an applicant myself, they wrote somewhere that if we do not hear from them within 2 weeks from the date of our application, can treat it as unsuccessful? something along that line.

rabbit10 12-09-2019 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 121096)
Anyone went to recently operations manager interview?.. fot through the first round but so far no school call for the second round..

I went last week (monday) and yet to get any updates yet. Was not told about the 2nd round.

Unregistered 23-09-2019 04:23 PM

What is the environment like in MOE HQ? Are the people friendly/approachable? What is it like for fresh grads? Planning to consider to apply to MOE...

Niteloner 09-10-2019 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 121096)

Me i went..
Any result from your end ?

Unregistered 10-10-2019 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niteloner (Post 123969)
Me i went..
Any result from your end ?

Already started bro.. 1 oct my first day.. haha.. all the best to u!!

Unregistered 14-10-2019 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 124004)
Already started bro.. 1 oct my first day.. haha.. all the best to u!!

You mean.. As Adjunct Operations Manager ? Not bad leh! Fast! Esp when they only started their interview on Sept!

Unregistered 18-10-2019 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 122950)
Probably.. was an applicant myself, they wrote somewhere that if we do not hear from them within 2 weeks from the date of our application, can treat it as unsuccessful? something along that line.

I got the job. But anyone knows the salary of adjunct admin executive? waited for almost 3 months before the school called me for interview. Now waiting for moe clearance and to sign the employment contract.

Unregistered 18-10-2019 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 124235)
I got the job. But anyone knows the salary of adjunct admin executive? waited for almost 3 months before the school called me for interview. Now waiting for moe clearance and to sign the employment contract.

FYI, just to let u know in case if ur new to Civil Service...

all executive posts = diploma
all manager posts = degree

adjunct means any time can ask u to leave bcos it's just a temporary post.

males w NS usually get the job if they ask for 2k to 2.3k
females minus $200 to $300

the bonus part im unsure if u will get or it's pro-rated since ur known as adjunct. best to check if ur superior or interviewer

Unregistered 18-10-2019 09:35 PM

**best to check with your superior or interviewer (typo in previous post).

Unregistered 20-10-2019 08:26 AM

Not true that all mangers are degree holder.. operations manager are also diploma.. i sign as OM 3-yr contract.. after 3 yrs god knows what happen, got 3 possibilities, either extend contract, emplaced to perm or become jobless.. reason i took up the job is becos will look good on my resume as i only use this as a stepping stone to a better job in future.. plus another reason i took up this post is near my house and the great working hours..

Unregistered 21-10-2019 10:08 AM

Any idea how long does MOE take to reply to candidates after final interview? Thanks!

Unregistered 23-10-2019 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 124244)
FYI, just to let u know in case if ur new to Civil Service...

all executive posts = diploma
all manager posts = degree

adjunct means any time can ask u to leave bcos it's just a temporary post.

males w NS usually get the job if they ask for 2k to 2.3k
females minus $200 to $300

the bonus part im unsure if u will get or it's pro-rated since ur known as adjunct. best to check if ur superior or interviewer

Operations manager considering manager ? diploma level also.
i thought most OM / Adjunct OM are not fresh diploma leh.. Still 2k - 2.3k ? i am guessing they would asked for 4k at least ?

Actually, anybody aware of OM/Adjunct OM pay scale here..

Unregistered 23-10-2019 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 124278)
Not true that all mangers are degree holder.. operations manager are also diploma.. i sign as OM 3-yr contract.. after 3 yrs god knows what happen, got 3 possibilities, either extend contract, emplaced to perm or become jobless.. reason i took up the job is becos will look good on my resume as i only use this as a stepping stone to a better job in future.. plus another reason i took up this post is near my house and the great working hours..

Hahaha.. true! Nice concept ! Stepping stone + great working hours !

What is the average pay scale for an OM ? OM - Considering which MX or MSO ?

Unregistered 14-11-2019 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 124404)
Operations manager considering manager ? diploma level also.
i thought most OM / Adjunct OM are not fresh diploma leh.. Still 2k - 2.3k ? i am guessing they would asked for 4k at least ?

Actually, anybody aware of OM/Adjunct OM pay scale here..

They can be fresh, can be ex-uniformed personnel e.g ex-policemen etc. I guess these with work experience will be paid more like $3k.

I just got a call from MOE HR, and my grade is 14. Not sure how much my salary will be, but I heard something like $26 something. Although it's adjunct, but my interviewer assured me that i will get convert to permanent and even promoted in the grades based on my performance.

Unregistered 15-11-2019 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 125041)
They can be fresh, can be ex-uniformed personnel e.g ex-policemen etc. I guess these with work experience will be paid more like $3k.

I just got a call from MOE HR, and my grade is 14. Not sure how much my salary will be, but I heard something like $26 something. Although it's adjunct, but my interviewer assured me that i will get convert to permanent and even promoted in the grades based on my performance.

You are right.. usually start off mx14 grade.. i got offered near to the ceiling pay, ask them can start at next grade they say cannot..the HR also brain wash me with the same words say tough contract there is progression, haha.. but ownself see see look look if after 1-2 yrs not that good just make the jump.. anyway not easy for diploma to have a go at manager roll so just took it up so that will look good in resume..

Unregistered 15-11-2019 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 125068)
You are right.. usually start off mx14 grade.. i got offered near to the ceiling pay, ask them can start at next grade they say cannot..the HR also brain wash me with the same words say tough contract there is progression, haha.. but ownself see see look look if after 1-2 yrs not that good just make the jump.. anyway not easy for diploma to have a go at manager roll so just took it up so that will look good in resume..

I believe there is progression. The AM and VPA who interviewed told me so, as schools are always in need of people. But progression of course is based on your performance. And there are AM promoted to VPA. Just work your way up, be patient and I'm sure hard work will pay off.

Unregistered 15-11-2019 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 125081)
I believe there is progression. The AM and VPA who interviewed told me so, as schools are always in need of people. But progression of course is based on your performance. And there are AM promoted to VPA. Just work your way up, be patient and I'm sure hard work will pay off.

Ya man i agree.. my mentor OM been in school for 25 years.. From TSO to OM then offered VPA role he reject.. anyway some usually OM have military or police background, but im not and not old too haha.. plus i dont believe in shouting at vendors to get work not.. totally not military style.. hopefully like HR says got progression.. you must also be patient with the OSO..

Unregistered 18-11-2019 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 125089)
Ya man i agree.. my mentor OM been in school for 25 years.. From TSO to OM then offered VPA role he reject.. anyway some usually OM have military or police background, but im not and not old too haha.. plus i dont believe in shouting at vendors to get work not.. totally not military style.. hopefully like HR says got progression.. you must also be patient with the OSO..

Hopefully so, just to check if you got any idea about OM ceiling pay and highest grade ?

Usually started off at MX14. However, if not promoted, what're the progression grade can OM be at the highest ?

Unregistered 18-11-2019 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 125068)

That's great that at least, you're starting with the ceiling pay, rather than paycut.. Many that i am aware, most got paycut..

Unregistered 06-02-2020 05:25 PM

Is it possible to join MOE Schools as an IT Support/Assistant(Sorry if I used the wrong term)?? Or is there even such a thing in the first place?

I'm not really sure how it works and what's the structure like, so I hope I get some answers here as I couldn't find any useful information online. I understand people who have years of experience and knowledge could apply for Officer or higher position roles but I'm not sure how a fresh grad would go about doing it for entry-level roles.

Just to clarify, I'm a fresh grad who doesn't have much experience and am looking to find my first job.

Appreciate for any helpful answers.

Unregistered 11-02-2020 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 128646)
Is it possible to join MOE Schools as an IT Support/Assistant(Sorry if I used the wrong term)?? Or is there even such a thing in the first place?

I'm not really sure how it works and what's the structure like, so I hope I get some answers here as I couldn't find any useful information online. I understand people who have years of experience and knowledge could apply for Officer or higher position roles but I'm not sure how a fresh grad would go about doing it for entry-level roles.

Just to clarify, I'm a fresh grad who doesn't have much experience and am looking to find my first job.

Appreciate for any helpful answers.

Yes there is, but they usually get from recruitment agencies, probably apply from there.

Unregistered 15-02-2020 11:02 PM

Anyone swapped from teaching track into the HQ executive positions?