Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 21-02-2023 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 240784)
Amazing how auditors still trying to justify the value of their profession in2023. Are you underwriting the risks of corporates as insurers? Risk transfer? What a joke. You disclaim everything and produce nothing of value.

Btw, if you read carefully, I am NOT disagreeing that the audit profession is pretty much ineffective in substance. This is also why pay in audit continues to decline in line with the deteriorating value. But why do listed companies continue to spend tons of money on audit despite its obvious shortcomings. The SM and directors ain't blind or idiots to not see its useless. Find me one large listed company in Singapore that do away with audit totally. Look at the recent Hyflux case. The directors were faulted for stupid technicalities like not organizing enough risk management meetings. And you geniuses are saying like audit will cease to exist? When things go wrong, stakeholders will go a witch-hunt to find fault and you will wish there is someone to share the burden with.

Unregistered 21-02-2023 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 240777)
Share risk?
Go read ur ssa or if you are lazy, just read any auditor repor

Obviously, the directors or management are solely and legally responsible. When I say "share risk", I don't mean it in legal terms but I meant responsibilities. Lets put it this way: Why bother to dress up for an interview since / if you think you are qualified for the job? Besides, why bother taking the legal disclaimer in the auditor report seriously since stakeholders continue to blame auditors for the scandals. Notice that you guys are venting your anger at audit incompetence instead of directors. Ain't this a successful "risk sharing" effect that the directors hope for??

Unregistered 21-02-2023 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 240784)
Amazing how auditors still trying to justify the value of their profession in2023. Are you underwriting the risks of corporates as insurers? Risk transfer? What a joke. You disclaim everything and produce nothing of value.

Btw, if you read carefully, I am NOT disagreeing that the audit profession is pretty much ineffective in substance. This is also why pay in audit continues to decline in line with the deteriorating value. But why do listed companies continue to spend tons of money on audit despite its obvious shortcomings. The SM and directors ain't blind or idiots to not see its useless. Find me one large listed company in Singapore that do away with audit totally. Look at the recent Hyflux case. The directors were faulted for stupid technicalities like not organizing enough risk management meetings. And you geniuses are saying like audit will cease to exist? When things go wrong, stakeholders will go a witch-hunt to find every minor fault and you will wish there is someone to share the burden with.

Unregistered 22-02-2023 09:26 AM

Of cos b4 partners don't go around advocating that audit is useless to break its own ricebowl. Still have to brainwash clients and upsell them with additional compliance fees to profit more what

Unregistered 22-02-2023 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 240854)
Btw, if you read carefully, I am NOT disagreeing that the audit profession is pretty much ineffective in substance. This is also why pay in audit continues to decline in line with the deteriorating value. But why do listed companies continue to spend tons of money on audit despite its obvious shortcomings. The SM and directors ain't blind or idiots to not see its useless. Find me one large listed company in Singapore that do away with audit totally. Look at the recent Hyflux case. The directors were faulted for stupid technicalities like not organizing enough risk management meetings. And you geniuses are saying like audit will cease to exist? When things go wrong, stakeholders will go a witch-hunt to find every minor fault and you will wish there is someone to share the burden with.

Audit is probably the only large scale profession that survives on being a compulsory mandate by the authorities. It is not fit for purpose in any way shape or form in the modern era. Truly a bunch of parasites no wonder flooded by jhk.

Unregistered 22-02-2023 06:05 PM

Won't say audit is useless but I would happily take on the role of advisory/consulting once I had enough experience raising issues as a troublemaker auditor

Unregistered 22-02-2023 11:23 PM

manager asked me if i want to come back to blue after grad for advisory, i ask for salary he say g2 is 4K and g1 is mid 4k, worth coming back or better to jump? and what are the things I should look out for and can nego for better pay? ie, add maybe 300 more??

Unregistered 23-02-2023 01:11 AM

What's g2 and g1? Don't all associates get the same pay?

Unregistered 23-02-2023 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 240918)
manager asked me if i want to come back to blue after grad for advisory, i ask for salary he say g2 is 4K and g1 is mid 4k, worth coming back or better to jump? and what are the things I should look out for and can nego for better pay? ie, add maybe 300 more??

In this time and era, u are happy with 4k?
Even a newborn earn more than you on the first day in the world.
Ppl just cant look pass b4.

Unregistered 23-02-2023 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 240943)
In this time and era, u are happy with 4k?
Even a newborn earn more than you on the first day in the world.
Ppl just cant look pass b4.

then where would you recommend that I jump to?